Author Topic: Sideshow 12" Scum and Villainy Figures  (Read 39684 times)

Offline RichardTheBloody

• Jedi Initiate
  • I find your lack of pants...disturbing...
    • View Profile
Re: Sideshow 12" Scum and Villainy Figures
« Reply #45 on: July 20, 2006, 02:31 PM »
Guestimates here:  When do we think this stuff will ship?  I would say not until early 2007.  What do you guys think?

i think it said for some of jabba's stuff, early 07, but i'm guessing maybe next summer. Sooner is always great, but this looks like it would be worth waiting for...heck how long have we been waiting for hasbro to do it? LOL

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 20, 2006, 04:05 PM »
I still can't seem to find any information on what "Domestic Edition" means.  I am also surprised it isn't in the "several day ordering"(or Inclusive Edition) time slots like the other two pieces.  I will order all three items tomorrow at 12:30 EST but sure am glad I will have a while to wait before these hit the ole credit card.

Beth

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #47 on: July 20, 2006, 04:07 PM »
« Last Edit: July 20, 2006, 04:07 PM by JediMAC »

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #48 on: July 20, 2006, 04:09 PM »
Why, oh why can't I afford ANY of this cool stuff? :(

Pics of Han up close like that have me leaning towards picking up classic ones...  Though then I'll want Jabba, and he's freaking expensive with his throne, though rightly so, but still...  God this is killing me.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 20, 2006, 04:24 PM »
Awesome shots!!  A fantastic job on the photo's Jared.  These are the kind of shots I like to see (close up of the detailing on clothes and small items) as well as the full shots of the figures.  I am still in awe of the job Sideshow is doing and really have to reconsider remodeling our dining room or just take it over for Sideshow's stuff.

Damn....I wish I was at comic-con!!!
Beth

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 20, 2006, 04:32 PM »
I still can't seem to find any information on what "Domestic Edition" means.  I am also surprised it isn't in the "several day ordering"(or Inclusive Edition) time slots like the other two pieces.  I will order all three items tomorrow at 12:30 EST but sure am glad I will have a while to wait before these hit the ole credit card.

The way I gather it (from that other site) is Domestic Editions are only available in the US through Sideshow directly (so you can't purchase the throne from Entertainment Earth or any other retailer that may sell these).  International buyers can buy from Sideshow or any international retailer that may have them.

But I'm still confused if this will be an inclusive edition like the other pieces.  I hope so, I hate to be stuck with no throne.
Common sense isn't so common

Online Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #51 on: July 20, 2006, 04:51 PM »
Wow, great pics Jared!

Those Jabba shots look so very very cool... makes me regret not starting this line afterall.  :-X
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 20, 2006, 07:36 PM »
Wish I could help you on that Mikey but I am picking up the throne myself.   I have to believe that this won't be an exclusive just because there really is no point to it.  I would think they would let it go as long as the others are up for order since you certainly don't want to have people cancel their Jabba orders because they didn't get the throne.
Also, it's comic-con and a lot of folks will be IN LINE!!  (ah...the good ole days of waiting in line for a convention to open  :P).
Beth

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 20, 2006, 08:36 PM »
I just noticed the price on the throne is $199.00.  At first I thought it was $99.00 so now I am wondering if Jabba and Salacious come with it.  If you look at SS and click on the 360 degree info, it shows Jabba and Salacious.  If it was just the throne, one would think they would NOT be on it.  I also think $200 bucks for the throne is a bit too much.  Anyone else have any ideas on this?  No one really had bought it up in the "comments" section at Sideshow so I might be missing the boat altogether on this....
Beth

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 20, 2006, 09:40 PM »
Everything is sold separate.

The throne is $200, Jabba is $120 and the critters are $32.

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 20, 2006, 10:55 PM »
Basically with shipping and taxes it's going to cost $400 for the entire set.  Wow.  I would love to get this and am trying to think of a way to do it.  But I think in the end it's just going to be to steep for me.  Dangit.  I thought about just getting Jabba and the creatures but that will look stupid without the throne.   But it's going to bug the crap out of me not to get at least Jabba.  Sigh.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #56 on: July 20, 2006, 11:10 PM »
I know its expensive, but i have to have it. I will be ordering it all tomorrow. I figure there is plenty of time to save up.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 20, 2006, 11:41 PM »
OMG, I want that Jabba and Throne soooooo badly, must resist. it's kind of stupid how they're selling both seperately. Why would you want Jabba w/o the Throne???
TPM Podrace scenes,I dought anyone will display him like that though. I may get Bib after all,probally have to see more pics to decide.
KAY-BEE STANDARD RESPONSE:  "All we have is 1990's 'Robocop' toys."
WHICH MEANS:  "Holy ******* ****, please shoot m

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #58 on: July 21, 2006, 01:19 AM »
Damn, $400 is a lot to stomach. What's the point of just having Jabba, after all?

I guess I'll have to see when it ships to decide whether or not I splurge.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 21, 2006, 02:59 AM »
No throne for me...$200 is to much for me!I can cutsom one from styrome foam. :P
KAY-BEE STANDARD RESPONSE:  "All we have is 1990's 'Robocop' toys."
WHICH MEANS:  "Holy ******* ****, please shoot m