Author Topic: Sideshow 12" Scum and Villainy Figures  (Read 39667 times)

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Re: Sideshow 12" Scum and Villainy Figures
« Reply #60 on: July 21, 2006, 12:48 PM »
374.00 with shipping for it all  :o My order is placed  ;D
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 21, 2006, 01:14 PM »
374.00 with shipping for it all  :o My order is placed  ;D

Yup, same here.  It did state it would ship first quarter 2007 instead of 2008 as originally posted.
Beth

Offline Poggle the Greater

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 21, 2006, 01:31 PM »
While the throne is insanely overpriced, I still acted like a sucker and ordered all 3.

I had to put the throne on Flex-pay though. Luckily it gives me 6 months to save up.

SS really needs to stop being so greedy though. No way is that slab of polystone and piece of plastic worth $200. ???

I worry that the more and more collectors start buying this line, SS is just going to keep uping the prices.They've hit the goldmine here and they know it.

I want a SS 12" Tauntaun, Wampa and Bantha so bad but now I cringe to even think how much they'd charge...

Offline monstermonkey

• Youngling
  • What is this... "llama" you speak of?
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 21, 2006, 02:27 PM »
Yep, $375 for a whole bunch of Jabba here also. I have no idea where I'm going to put it, of course...but at least I have 5 months+ to put the cash aside for it all.  Sideshow is making me BROKE!! I don't mind that much though, since I passed on 95% of the Hasbro 12 inch stuff. I'm happier getting more realistic/better quality figures, even if I have to pay more.
I have a worry also about the prices going up once more collectors get into the line. So far I've bought (or pre-ordered) all of the exclusive versions, but I think after Jabba I might get more selective. I don't know if I can be a completionist on their 12 in. lines. I'm already thinking about trading or selling the Luke Jedi, I really don't like the head sculpt on him. I thought it would look better in person, but he's just too doofy looking. I wish they went with a more neutral expression.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #64 on: July 21, 2006, 04:13 PM »
I am worried about the pirces as well but my interest in this line just keeps escalating. I plan on buying a nice display case.

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 21, 2006, 04:13 PM »
I can't be a completist in this line since I never bought Luke.  I already shelled out WAY too much for the Medicom version so that's the one that will be looming in the corner by Jabba in 2007.  It's my own stupid choice to grab Leia and Bib from Sideshow though.  I have the same figures from Hasbro.  Boushh isn't terrible, as long as the helmet stays on but SS Bib looks much better than the one I have.  I'd like to think I will be very selective but I doubt it.  I'll grab Vader once he's made (that will make around six or seven that I'll have), Lando, Slave Leia etc...as well as figures from the prequel.  The only figure I doubt I would buy would be Count Dooku.  I really like Hasbro's version and he only has one outfit  :).
Beth

Offline RichardTheBloody

• Jedi Initiate
  • I find your lack of pants...disturbing...
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 21, 2006, 06:33 PM »
I really like Hasbro's version and he only has one outfit  :).

Not entirely true...I made a custom Dooku using the outfit from Obi-wan to show what he'd look like before he left the order ;)

http://s19.photobucket.com/albums/b174/Richardthebloody/12in%20Jedi%20Dooku/

(may not be entirely accurate however) LOL

Offline DualSaberMaster

• Jedi Initiate
  • "Oh great, it's Fett"
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 21, 2006, 07:03 PM »
Sideshow has no mercy.  For the first time, I'm on the fence on a Sideshow 12" purchase.  To say Jabba, throne, critters, and all of their Star Wars offering were amazing is a huge understatement.  You truly have to see these in person to appreciate their beauty.

I caved on the whole Jabba set, but man was it a tough decision.  So far, I have every single SSC 12" offering, and if they keep up this blistering pace, I don't think I can keep up. :-\

I'm definately going to have to start selling off my Hasbro stuff to soften the blow.
-Ricardo

"I'm like a bad penny, I always turn up"
"#1 Hater of PT Haters, OT+PT = SW Forever."

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 21, 2006, 07:10 PM »
Not entirely true...I made a custom Dooku using the outfit from Obi-wan to show what he'd look like before he left the order ;)

Cool idea.  Thanks for sharing the pics!!
Beth

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 22, 2006, 07:29 AM »
I placed my order yesterday after getting to my parents' house.  $375 well spent IMO and I didn't think twice about ordering the entire package. 

Common sense isn't so common

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 22, 2006, 03:20 PM »
Well I just ordered the whole ball and wax to.  I am going to have to sell a bunch of stuff to make it happen though.  But I have been meaning to do that anyway.  It's just to damn nice of a set for me to pass on in the end.  Damn you SS, LOL.  Of course this means I have to cancel my Darth Maul as well but this thing is better IMO.   

Offline ngrant

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 22, 2006, 08:52 PM »
SS will be offering about 10-12 12" figs a year (as stated earlier).  That means you start setting aside $100 bucks a month... The quality cannot be denied and if you've got the space to show them so much the better.  Jabba's throne (while I agree was damn pricey) is sold separately to let people have the choice (as many have) to simply buy the figure instead of the accessory.  I bought all three--- I plan on being a completist with this line (as I was with the SITH line from Hasbro) and I only hope that maybe next year SS will have the Millenium Falcon cockpit available to pose the soon to be released Han Solo with a hopefully released in 2007 Chewie, Hoth escape Leia, and a C3-P0.  Love the Jabba... already have a space in my office where his throne ROOM is going to go...ABSOLUTELY LOVE the idea of creating 12" diorams.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #72 on: July 22, 2006, 10:46 PM »
The more and more i look at the pics, the happier i am this line exists. I know its expensive but i really think its worth it. I would be happy with 12 figures a year as well as 1 larger beast.

Offline RichardTheBloody

• Jedi Initiate
  • I find your lack of pants...disturbing...
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 22, 2006, 10:48 PM »
Be careful, or else they'll do a 1/6th scale Rancor...yanno, Toddler sized! LOL :o

Offline Holographic Elvis

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I'll punch you in the junk!
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 23, 2006, 05:59 AM »
The Jabba is amazing and literally took my breath away when I saw it in the display at Sideshow's booth.  Easily the most gorgeous piece in a long time.  I want one really bad, and surprisingly price is not the issue for me.  Space is the issue.  I have no clue where the F I'd put the thing.