Author Topic: Had to do it... How many SAGA2 Death Star Gunners do you have?  (Read 45269 times)

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
Re: Had to do it... How many SAGA2 Death Star Gunners do you have?
« Reply #60 on: August 16, 2006, 06:10 PM »
I have only come accross 3 I want about 2 more and I am set. These are very good for customs.
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 17, 2006, 12:27 AM »
Found some more today.  Bought another 3 and that brings me up to 6.  I actually passed on about 4 or so more.  It just didn't seem cool to buy them all in one shot.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2006, 12:28 AM by Nicklab »
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 18, 2006, 09:47 AM »
I got another via trade bringing me to 12.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 18, 2006, 08:06 PM »
Just found one more (total 5) along with a corrected 3P0 and a Scorch.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 18, 2006, 08:23 PM »
This really is a fantastic figure.

Found 5 so far, bought 'em all, gave 1 to a little kid I know. 

I'm not going to go too ape**** on this one, but I probably will get more than the 6 I thought I was going to, maybe as many as 12.  It also has outstanding customizing potential with the clone thing going on.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 19, 2006, 02:09 PM »
Got another via trade bringing me to unlucky 13.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Bobafett77

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 19, 2006, 05:07 PM »
I finally aquired this figure. I now have 10 of these thanks to HasbroToyShop.com! ;D

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 19, 2006, 10:00 PM »
It this wave will ever show up at Target, I'll have more...but for now, I am at 20, thanks to HasbroToyShop.com...

Offline Dan

• Jedi Knight
  • Got some
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 21, 2006, 11:13 AM »
I'm at 3, hoping to get to 8-10. If they get to Target it will help.

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #69 on: August 21, 2006, 01:55 PM »
I have 3, I'm hoping to get 6. But I was thinking...though this is a cool figure, its not really that exciting of a character.

Seriously, these guys just sit in a command center and pull a switch. I don't even understand why he has a gun. The most action we've seen from these guys are when they're manning a turbolaser. But even that is pretty safe for them. They're inside a Death Star or Star Destroyer. The chances are almost zero that they'll ever see any action up close. For me to have any real satisfaction with this figure (other than the fact that he looks really cool just standing at attention), Hasbro has to release some sort of turbolaser for him use. Even if its some sort of bastardized EU-ish gun emplacement that he can man...anything.

At this point he's like the cloud car pilot without a cloud car. Imagine that? Oh right, we can...
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #70 on: August 22, 2006, 03:10 AM »
They had the holsters on in the movie for some reason...  It's a matter of accuracy ultimately I suppose.

Now the nerd in me really wants to spout off about how Destroyers can be boarded, gun turrets are also surface weapons (the Endor Shield Generator MOdel actually had several ground turrets around it that were obscured by the forest scene overlay) and things...  But I'm gonna supress my inner-nerd for you. ;) 

It's funny how the DSG turns out to be one of the greatest army builders the company ever put on the pegs...  yet is probably a dull character choice really.   I'm ecstatic though so long as I can find him in bulk.

Oh and they DO man the guns more directly than the guys working the big turbo lasers.  In ANH there were the guys manning the small turrets that got blasted by Luke and all.  That's seeing some up close action I guess...  :)
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 22, 2006, 07:27 AM »

Now the nerd in me really wants to spout off about how Destroyers can be boarded, gun turrets are also surface weapons (the Endor Shield Generator MOdel actually had several ground turrets around it that were obscured by the forest scene overlay) and things...  But I'm gonna supress my inner-nerd for you. ;) 

Oh Come on...I was going to do the same thing...mention how everybody is ultimately an infantryman first. I would assume in 2016 when Hasbro has run out of ideas they will make an Imperial Cook from some Fan-Fic (the EU of a new generation) and he will come with an E-11...

If nothing else, I like getting extra weapons (if properly scaled) I just wish they throw in the gun that Vander/Antilles/Dodonna came with.. the DH-17 was a fairly big player with the Empire too.

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #72 on: August 22, 2006, 09:41 AM »
They had the holsters on in the movie for some reason...  It's a matter of accuracy ultimately I suppose.

It's funny how the DSG turns out to be one of the greatest army builders the company ever put on the pegs...  yet is probably a dull character choice really.   I'm ecstatic though so long as I can find him in bulk.

Oh and they DO man the guns more directly than the guys working the big turbo lasers.  In ANH there were the guys manning the small turrets that got blasted by Luke and all.  That's seeing some up close action I guess...  :)

Oh I agree there's a chance that they might see some action (other than being on the losing side of a proton torpedo), but all in all, these guys are kind of useless (as action figures) without a turret of some sort to use. Though I will have to repeat, they look really cool just standing around, which is what I have them doing right now. Mainly I just want some sort of turbolaser or gun emplacement made for these guys to sit at.

(Jesse, you've known me a few years now, and that should be long enough to know that you don't have to suppress your inner nerd!)
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline monstermonkey

• Youngling
  • What is this... "llama" you speak of?
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 22, 2006, 09:58 AM »
Only have 2 so far, looking to get maybe 6 more, plus some for customizing. Its a great base figure, along with the new Garindan.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: August 22, 2006, 12:10 PM »
6 more today brings me to 10.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda