Author Topic: Internet Exclusive Republic Commando 7-Pack  (Read 27716 times)

Offline Kit

• Jedi Initiate
  • "I want more clones and I know I shouldn't."
    • View Profile
Re: Exclusive Republic Commando 7-Pack
« Reply #30 on: July 23, 2006, 06:04 PM »
This set is a nice surprise!  I ordered 2 sets from EE due to the fact that my orders always arrive in minty-mint condition.  Scorch is now officially waiting for his buddies........

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Re: RC squad EE& SWS exclusive.
« Reply #31 on: July 23, 2006, 10:03 PM »
Then go buy it, it's already for sale.  You can even get a deal here with some extra stuff ;)

Yay for patience! I couldn't see forking over $35 for that Lucas set, now I can get both for $50. Good for me. (I'm probably the only one who gets to say that here...)

Nope, I just opted to not rub it in ;)
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 23, 2006, 11:47 PM »
I may wait for EE to put the set up with either the Carnor Jax/ Kir Kanos set or the Astro Droid sets.
KAY-BEE STANDARD RESPONSE:  "All we have is 1990's 'Robocop' toys."
WHICH MEANS:  "Holy ******* ****, please shoot m

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 24, 2006, 11:57 AM »
This set is a nice surprise!  I ordered 2 sets from EE due to the fact that my orders always arrive in minty-mint condition.  Scorch is now officially waiting for his buddies........

Is it up on the site yet, or did you order from Comic-con?
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 24, 2006, 02:42 PM »
I pre-ordered mine from the fan club - threw in the Lucas set for an extra $16.

Offline Kit

• Jedi Initiate
  • "I want more clones and I know I shouldn't."
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 24, 2006, 03:10 PM »
Is it up on the site yet, or did you order from Comic-con?
It is up on EE's site.  Like I was mentioning, I have never had a bad experience with those guys.

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #36 on: July 24, 2006, 03:50 PM »
I ordered 2 from Starwarsshop.com, hopefully they will do a good jobagain. So far I have been happy with their service and timing. Everything I ordered from there has been perfect.

The Lucas set for $16 is a good deal. I am sorry I paid the $25 for it. Its apparently cancer, no one wants it. It will finally move with the bundle sets.
I did not even bother to open mine, maybe I will.....

I want more of those sun fac repaint warriors they rock!
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #37 on: July 25, 2006, 04:06 AM »
Well I don't care what some folks say, my only complaint about the set is that they still lack knee joints...

But "Why?" you may ask...  Well let me say why.

Because Hasbro's shorting articulation on 4 of the most action-packed Clones ever (if you played the game or read the books).  Because any Clone (dare I say any army builder as well) lacking knee articulation in 2006 is sort of ****** on Hasbro's part...  Deal breaker?  Not really...  But if there's one thing I've learned in life, career, and just about any other facet of existance, it's that you don't "improve" without problems being brought up for addressing.

People complained about the knees when the first figure came out, and it was the only real complaint aside from a better paintjob (I can't fault Hasbro for that though, they're production pieces not works of art), and articulation on Clones shouldn't fall short of the standard they set.  They know they'll sell shitloads of these and hell they could've even used the articulated legs of the CW SA Clone, the ROTS #41 Clone, the ROTS Clone Commander, or any of the 3 Evolutions Clones, and minimal tooling for new parts in the process.

Anyway it is the single craptacular aspect of the set.  I like the set, and the price is as right as if Bob Barker himself had told us what it was...  The leg articulation was excuseless on the first figure though and the point stands on the battlepack as well.  Just articulate the things and make people happy...  People didn't like Bacara because of his articulation, so why would it be cool on the Clone Commandoes?  Blah.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #38 on: July 27, 2006, 08:06 PM »
I don't understand the articulation issue either.  Escpecially when HASBRO knew that they'd be getting four figs from one sclupt.
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline Roton7

• Jedi Padawan
  • Roton, King of the Ozone
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 27, 2006, 08:27 PM »
People didn't like Bacara because of his articulation, so why would it be cool on the Clone Commandoes?  Blah.

Well, the thing that was even worse about Bacara was that he had no knee articulation, and his legs were NOT pre-posed. They were just straight. The RC's legs are pre-posed. Bacara was a horrible figure because he was in a single stance that was stupid. And the RC's are in a single stance that's actually okay.
Yo is what yo is.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 27, 2006, 09:09 PM »
I don't understand the articulation issue either.  Escpecially when HASBRO knew that they'd be getting four figs from one sclupt.

Good question. I wonder if it has anything to with EU discrimination?
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Jediknight760071

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 27, 2006, 09:47 PM »
People didn't like Bacara because of his articulation, so why would it be cool on the Clone Commandoes?  Blah.

Well, the thing that was even worse about Bacara was that he had no knee articulation, and his legs were NOT pre-posed. They were just straight. The RC's legs are pre-posed. Bacara was a horrible figure because he was in a single stance that was stupid. And the RC's are in a single stance that's actually okay.

You know, some people like neutrally posed figures. ::)

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 27, 2006, 09:49 PM »

Good question. I wonder if it has anything to with EU discrimination?

Yep, that's it Anthony

Offline Roton7

• Jedi Padawan
  • Roton, King of the Ozone
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 27, 2006, 09:57 PM »

You know, some people like neutrally posed figures. ::)

That's true, but a lot of people don't. I'm one of those people. :(
Yo is what yo is.

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 27, 2006, 11:14 PM »

What ruined Bacara you all may be forgeting is the action feature, action feature = no knees, besides the QD Clones. ::)
KAY-BEE STANDARD RESPONSE:  "All we have is 1990's 'Robocop' toys."
WHICH MEANS:  "Holy ******* ****, please shoot m