Author Topic: Wal*Mart Exclusive Basic Figures #70-74  (Read 59820 times)

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
Re: Wal*Mart Exclusive Basic Figures #70-74
« Reply #30 on: July 27, 2006, 10:45 PM »
I came across the seperation of the twin packs once and thats the time I bought them. Never would have seen them again.

I hate Wal-Mart but being thats it is on my way to work I stop there every morning.(I do not have many choices and time to hunt anymore) They open at 7am and I am on summer hours right now so I have to be at work by 715. Anyway I get there at 6:55 every day and there are still guys that beat me to the aisle. They open the doors for them earlier, there is no way to compete with these *****. They buy everything out before anyone has a chance.

They all have the same look too, white sneakers with laces untied, khakis, pot belly, greasy hair you know the combo look that screams I never been laid. Its bad enough I am shopping at Wal-Mart, but to lose to real losers is the kick to me balls!

Store exclusives suck. Wal-Mart exclusives are even worse.
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline monstermonkey

• Youngling
  • What is this... "llama" you speak of?
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 28, 2006, 09:59 AM »
They all have the same look too, white sneakers with laces untied, khakis, pot belly, greasy hair you know the combo look that screams I never been laid. Its bad enough I am shopping at Wal-Mart, but to lose to real losers is the kick to me balls!

;D ;D ;D
EXACTLY......when I see those kinds of guys, it almost makes me embarassed to be a fan/collector....usually when I see one of them in the aisle looking at stuff, I go away and come back when they're gone. Its not like I'm antisocial or some sort of collector elitist snob, but after collecting for many many years (and working at a TRU back in the day) I have a pretty good idea of who's cool and who's just a fat loser who scalps toys for a living. I actually met one of my closest buddies while we were both at a KB buying the Action Collection Yoda. After getting to know each other, we both admitted we knew each other was a good guy, mostly because we weren't overweight and had good hygiene ;D

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 28, 2006, 12:28 PM »
Some interesting stereotyping in here....sigh, the depth of the thinking sometimes surprises even me ::).

SO WHAT...I shop there(at Wal Mart). Does that prove that I'm not a snob because I shop there? I'm Phat too, LOL--and, maybe I'm getting laid more because I'm less selective/snobbish....that's a loser, huh? Hmmm
I think there's alot of jealosy over WM in here, well alot of crying at least. I will say this...I look forward to WM exclusives since they mostly cheaper than Target's. Yeah and... BTW, I see alot of overweight,balding,greasy toy shoppers at Target, WM, TRU too. Do I stereotype and associate them to a particular store chain or make determinations about their sexual success? No! Some folks..way they stress over things..it's like they kick them self in the balls often.

I guess Wm's real problem is with distribution. I never had problems finding SW goods I needed from Idaho, Texas, or California...though I hear from many back east that there's more Targets than WM's and that WM never has anything anyway. Where I live here in SOCAL we get alot of SW at our WM's.

I don't really have a problem these exclusives to hit Wally since I know I will be able to easily get them..just have differences in opinion on the stereotyping going on in this thread about what 'type' of collectors frequent what stores....it's not a Pro Walmart/Pro Target issue for me.

The DS
« Last Edit: July 28, 2006, 06:00 PM by Jesse James »

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 28, 2006, 02:08 PM »
I am glad it's not a Target exclusive so we do not have to hear about the "anti-collector" policy. 

Offline Nathan

• Jedi Knight
  • Destroying the hobby one EU figure at a time.
    • View Profile
    • The Clone Wars Unofficial Site (in carbonite)
« Reply #34 on: July 28, 2006, 05:18 PM »
I want Aurra and Mace's droid ... plus maybe Nabrun/Kabe.
Twitter: @OKeefeNathan
Blog: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Fanboy (in carbonite since '09, back someday)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #35 on: July 29, 2006, 02:07 AM »
I don't know who's the best with exclusives anymore either... 

Hasbro totally fumbled the ball with the 501st Trooper...

TRU has baffled me on the HFG pack, when they'd had an otherwise stellar track record, even in 2005 when stuff was hot, hot, hot.

Wal-Mart's always been hit and miss...  The only exclusive I recall hitting them in droves was the Cantina sets while everything else was either average or downright tough to find.

Target you have the computers and if you have the right routine on it you can track it down, but they're a  storre known for screwing the collector on both price and availability at any given turn.

K-Mart actually got lots of their battlepacks in, but while KM is still a big player in the NorthEast they really haven't got the foothold other places and in some they simply don't exist anymore so I don't think they're the best outlet...  Plus their pricing was Target-ish here recently with dramatic price hikes when they saw something sold well.

KB...  I almost even forgot about them.  They never get anything good enough to look for hard anyway. :)

WM getting an entire wave is just disturbing, repaint or not...  What sucks is it's got that Astromech in it and that's one I really want...  I could probably not get the others and honestly not care though I'd have a nagging feeling about Sing missing in my set...  The Droid I actually want though.  blah.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline mr director

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 4, 2006, 09:03 AM »
Gotta have those cantina aliens.  The droid too.  I guess I have to keep my eye on WM.  Don't like exclusives.  Never saw the Separation of twins.

Offline TheBlackDog65

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 9, 2006, 10:08 AM »
Oh, yes! Thank you Hasbro, another set of figures that for me are easy to pass on. Not a big Catinia fan, I have the POTJ Aura and that is good enough for me and I have enough Astro's from EE this year to last. Not bad, I just have no interest.
"For too long gentleness has been equated with weakness.  Yet it takes more strength to be gentle than to be mean."

John Keeshan

Wants: Saga Wave 3

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 10, 2006, 10:50 AM »
Oh, yes! Thank you Hasbro, another set of figures that for me are easy to pass on.

Same here. Maybe I'll get the droid to open, but the rest will be a carded purchase only.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Dan

• Jedi Knight
  • Got some
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 24, 2006, 08:51 AM »
I've been digging through the thread, but I can't seem to find an expected release date. Given the numbering, close to christmas seems likely, but you never know for sure.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #40 on: August 24, 2006, 10:39 AM »
At SDCC, Hasbro said they were shooting for:

#44-52 = Sep/Oct
#53-62 = Oct/Nov
#63-69 = Nov/Dec
#70-74 = Nov Dec

So yeah, Thanksgiving/Christmas time...
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Dan

• Jedi Knight
  • Got some
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 2, 2006, 07:07 PM »
I recall a Toys R Us run at  5 am the day after thanksgiving. They had comtech stormies, R2 with leia hologram, and the rest of the comtech bunch. After grabbing about a dozen stormtroopers and a handful of R2's I went to bail out of the store. By now it is ten minutes after opening. The lines for the registers runs around the outside wall to the back of the store, and you know how fast TRU registers move. I said goodbye to my figure find, and left the store with what little sanity I had left, but no figures.

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 7, 2007, 12:25 AM »
OK, I know the info is here somewhere.... what is Mace Windu's droid's name?  I want to add him to my Astromech display.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 7, 2007, 04:13 PM »
I believe that one is R4-M6.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 7, 2007, 07:51 PM »
i cant wait for these, mainly cause it includes kitik, the guy i named my pet mantis after.  :)
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!