Author Topic: 30AC #02 Galactic Marine  (Read 32465 times)

Offline JangoTat

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: 2007 #02 Galactic Marine
« Reply #120 on: May 10, 2007, 11:02 PM »

It's a phenomenal figure. 

I donno about that. I've opened 5 and I can't get any of them to stand. :P

I saw the same thing at RS.  I have opened 17 and can't get any of them to fall over!  It seems so sturdy to me.  What gives?  That's really weird.

it really depends on the way you position their feet i guess ( ankles bent all the way to the front and all)
im starting to think that the marine is semi warming is because his problem standing. the only problem i see with him anways..well ok and his kama is annoying at times.im thinking i may give him some justice though and pick anymore i see that are warming...only if I can find a mundi first though...kinda pointless getting all these guys for a mundi killing scene especially when you dont have the soon to be dead.
School has been on strike all month. so much for the summer job I was hoping to get D:

Offline Ook

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: May 11, 2007, 01:29 PM »
i tried switching the parts of bacara with a #41 clone as well but i notice the head sits very loosely. any one know how to fix it :S

No. I don't really do any customizing. I knew Bacara's head didn't fit right, but I was tired of not having a poseable one. I just bit the bullet and made the swap. I find if you put the head on all the way, it drops all the way to the shoulders and looks like he has no neck. I just put it on until it stays where I want it, and stop there. It's not a proper fit; you just have to balance it where you want it.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #122 on: May 12, 2007, 01:53 AM »
What I did is this...

Take #41 Clone & Bacara...

Take off Bacara's head, and cut the ball off his neckpost perfectly.  Cut the ball off the #41's neckpost as well.  Take plastic welder (Plast-Struct) and weld the Bacara Neckball onto the #41 body, let it cure overnight at least.  Paint any possible white showing with just a dab of flat black, very simple...

Pop on Bacara's head.

The problem I ran into more was getting Bac's shoulder pad onto the #41 body.  I tried stretching it after a boil but it was gonna tear I think.  I wound up cutting a groove into the figure's back and under his armpits that fit the straps of the shoulder/chest pad into it perfectly, and allowed the accessory to fit the figure perfectly.  A way to avoid this would've likely been using the #6 Clone (Quick Draw) as opposed to teh SA figure.  It has a smaller "backpack" piece to it and is generally thinner built I think.  Changing neckballs would've been the same procedure (if you needed to change it at all?).

I also swapped out the left hands of Bacara and the #41.  The Bacara hand is cool and unique, and good for "calling troops forward".
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline IshiTib

• Jedi Initiate
  • The actual avatar is my newest figure:)
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: May 16, 2007, 11:28 AM »
i like this figure very much, and even better than the airborne, because the airborne doesn't stand -.-
Sorry for my bad English, i am German.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #124 on: May 17, 2007, 01:44 AM »
I hear that a lot...

I dunno, I have like 8 Airborne's and all of 'em stand fine for me...  Some have feet bowed inwards somewhat but they still stand ok.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: May 17, 2007, 12:07 PM »
I hear that a lot...

I dunno, I have like 8 Airborne's and all of 'em stand fine for me...  Some have feet bowed inwards somewhat but they still stand ok.

Same here, 15 Airbornes all standing on their own. 
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda