Author Topic: Saga-065 Elite Corps Clone Trooper (aka BARC)  (Read 61209 times)

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
Re: Saga-065 Elite Corps Clone Trooper (aka BARC)
« Reply #120 on: October 31, 2007, 10:11 AM »
Well, now that we're getting a proper Kashyyyk trooper, I've removed this particular one from my PT pile and will most likely put them up for trade.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: November 2, 2007, 10:05 AM »
I almost thought about trading them off.

Then I thought about the work it took to buld up that army. So, I figure, I'll use them as a different company from the same Legion. Call it upgraded armor. I'll still prolly have these in my Kashyyyk Diorama, just near the back in the less lit areas.

While I'm happy we are getting a corrected version, I almost wish Hasbro would have waited on this one another year of so. It would have taken some of the sting out of having to buy these all over again.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: November 3, 2007, 10:36 AM »

While I'm happy we are getting a corrected version, I almost wish Hasbro would have waited on this one another year of so. It would have taken some of the sting out of having to buy these all over again.

Don't we all. Makes one wonder though, are the decision makers at Hasbro human, or creatures of business?
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #123 on: November 6, 2007, 01:04 AM »
Do you honestly wonder that though Anthony?  I mean, I love a lot of what Hasbro does (not everything), but they really aren't people I feel I "owe" anything too either.  They're out to dick over anyone they can for a buck I think...  Maybe I'm a cynic.  I dunno...  I just don't "trust" any big corporation at this point, and given how long you and I have collected this stuff, I sure as hell don't trust Hasbro. :)

On a brighter note...

"The 41st Imperial Pathfinder Legion"

Nice ring to it, no?  :)  Eh, at least I think so.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: January 23, 2008, 06:50 PM »
I feel this way about both the Elite Corps Trooper and Commander Gree - why didn't they just do these figures like the new 2008 versions in the first place?

Now with Gree coming out with SDA (super-duper articulation) - I am sure we'll be buying all of the clones and commanders all over again, only this time with ball-jointed wrists and hips.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #125 on: January 23, 2008, 09:49 PM »
I feel this way about both the Elite Corps Trooper and Commander Gree - why didn't they just do these figures like the new 2008 versions in the first place?

Did you buy the first version? Will you buy the new version?

Case closed.  :P
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: January 24, 2008, 05:54 PM »
I bought the old version when I thought we weren't going to get a film accurate one. Now that we are in both the ELite Clone and Gree's case, I'll get them.

The other Commanders are pretty well done. I'd get a new Bacara if he's SA or "SDA." But I don't think I'd need to buy an new Neyo, Bly or even Cody for just a scant more articulation. Those figs are most definitely good enough. So I know I won't be army building all over again. Cost me a small fortune the last time. I'm not willing to do it all over again for slight improvements.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010