Author Topic: Bespin Luke?!!?  (Read 4245 times)

Offline RevengeoftheJedi

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
Bespin Luke?!!?
« on: November 24, 2006, 10:50 PM »
I would like to see a Bespin Luke repack, hoping it would be in the Ep V tins.  LMK what u think
« Last Edit: November 24, 2006, 10:51 PM by RevengeoftheJedi »

Offline Ook

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Bespin Luke?!!?
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2006, 01:52 AM »
There's one in the upcoming Dagobah "Battle Pack".

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2006, 03:22 AM »
I think BLAH!  :-X

Seriously though, Bespin Luke's a figure that is one of those ones that Hasbro articulated a substantial bit, but yet managed to bring the overall figure down substantially.  The button on the back is one detractor I've really hated on that figure, but that button aside I REALLY dislike the pose...  Somehow Bespin Luke is one figure Hasbro managed to put 12 points of articulation onto and STILL give him a pre-posed sculpt. :)

It's a figure like many from its era while it was an improvement, but it also had major flaws, at least in my eyes...  I'm a little bored with Bespin Luke getting rehashed at this point, and I would love seeing a new versatile sculpt...  One that a new torso on him could yield a nice new poseable Dagobah Luke, or a damaged Bespin Luke with just a crafty paintjob on it.  The old Saga sculpt of him though just isn't interesting to me at all, especially now.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Dark Empire Luke

• Youngling
  • Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2006, 07:06 AM »

Seriously though, Bespin Luke's a figure that is one of those ones that Hasbro articulated a substantial bit, but yet managed to bring the overall figure down substantially.  The button on the back is one detractor I've really hated on that figure, but that button aside I REALLY dislike the pose...  Somehow Bespin Luke is one figure Hasbro managed to put 12 points of articulation onto and STILL give him a pre-posed sculpt. :)

It's a figure like many from its era while it was an improvement, but it also had major flaws, at least in my eyes...  I'm a little bored with Bespin Luke getting rehashed at this point, and I would love seeing a new versatile sculpt...  One that a new torso on him could yield a nice new poseable Dagobah Luke, or a damaged Bespin Luke with just a crafty paintjob on it.  The old Saga sculpt of him though just isn't interesting to me at all, especially now.
Isn't Hasbro making one for the VTAC next year?

Offline Clone Hunter

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Cybertronian Artifacts
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2006, 09:50 AM »

Isn't Hasbro making one for the VTAC next year?

I hope so. I need one that is clean or at least doesn't have the bloody face.
My trade thread: http://www.jedidefender.com/yabbse/index.php?topic=10408.0
Email is your best bet to contact me.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2006, 11:37 AM »
I thought the bespin Luke was also on tap for the VOTC line.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2006, 12:03 PM »
I thought the bespin Luke was also on tap for the VOTC line.

It's been on the rumor lists for some time.  The SAGA version was a good offering for a couple of years, and the OTC repaint gave us a clean version.  And we're getting it again in the Dagobah Battle Pack.  But I don't think that figure fits in with the aesthetic that we're getting with figures these days.

A VOTC style Bespin Luke would definitely be a welcome offering.  It's a pretty logical figure to offer seeing how we've got a couple of great TESB Darth Vader's, and it would make sense for Hasbro to make a counterpart to those great Vaders.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2006, 02:51 PM »
I hope the rumors are right & we are seeing a new Bespin Luke in the VOTC line. The one we have now is crap, w/ a OMG my dad is Vader!? looking face. :-\, only suitablefor that scene
KAY-BEE STANDARD RESPONSE:  "All we have is 1990's 'Robocop' toys."
WHICH MEANS:  "Holy ******* ****, please shoot m

Offline Billy Ray

• Youngling
    • View Profile
    • Alamo City Star Wars Collectors
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2006, 07:55 PM »
I also thought I read somewhere that he was rumored for the next VOTC/VTSC line.  He would be a great addition to the line. 

I really liked the Saga version and even bought the OTC re-paint, but it is true that he has seen his day and needs a worthy update. 

I kind of liken the Saga/OTC Luke to the much maligned Comm-Tech Cantina Han Solo.  It was an awesome figure for it's day, ground breaking in some ways, but pales in comparison to the VOTC Han.  Here's hoping we get a VOTC Bespin Luke that is just as awesome as that figure!