Author Topic: 30AC Wave 2 - The Battle of Yavin  (Read 84511 times)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Re: 30AC Wave 2 - The Battle of Yavin
« Reply #390 on: May 18, 2007, 10:26 AM »
every TAC figure has that packaging. gets boring after a while.

Too bad you're into collecting cardboard.   :P

Matt, no, your rapidly aging eyes are not deceiving you, there's no real indication of the figure's name anywhere. 

These figures have been a tough find up here, especially the McQ stuff, so not dissimilar to the US situation, other than that we tend to have less stores that have less stock overall. I wasn't aware the McQ on Canadian cardback had been found yet.  I know they're coming as Legends is getting them in though.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline JangoTat

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: May 18, 2007, 04:06 PM »
they get boring because when ever you go to a store all the figures on the pegs have the same packaging. but in the states each figure has its own unique one. makes some fgures stand out. and the McQ just look better in the US packaging.
School has been on strike all month. so much for the summer job I was hoping to get D:

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #392 on: May 19, 2007, 02:54 PM »
It would be cool to pick up one, but i much prefer the specific artwork of the American cards.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: May 23, 2007, 03:22 AM »
Matt, no, your rapidly aging eyes are not deceiving you, there's no real indication of the figure's name anywhere [on Canadian cards].

I think the name of the figure is present on the side of the bubble insert, as shown in this pic (through my masterful knowledge of Photoshop ::)).

Offline JangoTat

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: May 23, 2007, 06:34 AM »
my sister saw some of wave two yesterday. shes gonna try her luck and go back to buy them for me. now all i can do is hope.
School has been on strike all month. so much for the summer job I was hoping to get D:

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: May 23, 2007, 08:21 AM »
I received my 'white' Boba Fett from HTS and while the figure is great, I have to know why his torso is designed the way it is.

If you try to mess with him at all, he falls apart, similar to a figure made of legos!

His upper body, belt and lower legs all come apart...very frustrating for younger collectors or boys who simply want to play with figures.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: May 23, 2007, 10:01 AM »
It would be cool to pick up one, but i much prefer the specific artwork of the American cards.

You and most Canadians too it would seem, based on conversations over on snowtroopers.ca.  I'm not much into collecting cardboard, so it doesn't matter much to me :-*
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.