Author Topic: 30AC Wave 2 - The Battle of Yavin  (Read 84779 times)

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: Battle of Death Star (Yavin) Wave
« Reply #75 on: February 28, 2006, 05:02 PM »
Wow, Death Star Trooper talk...you guys did this just to see if I was still reading the forums didn't you?

There are some great photos of them in the "Star Wars in 365 days" book that shows the Gray/Green clad DST working on the first Death Star.

Also in ROTJ I've seen the Black Jumpsuited version as well as the Tunic version.

I'd love both uniform colors in a Super Articulated manner...my DST army would dwarf my VOTC Stormie Armor I guarantee.  "Death Squad Commander" was a favorite figure of mine all during the first run.

The funny thing about the Military Advisor thing is that until Jesse first mentioned it in a uniform conversation we were having, I had never known that, and now I can't help but notice it when I watch ROTJ..if Lucas wants to put out the SE Part Deux, he should fix the rank badges with his magic CGI wand.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #76 on: March 10, 2006, 06:57 AM »
There are some great photos of them in the "Star Wars in 365 days" book that shows the Gray/Green clad DST working on the first Death Star.

Heh, you've been enjoying the anal retentive searching of photos in the book as well I see? :)

Yeah, I watched my ROTJ DVD just the other day (I'm a bit behind, I know) and noticed the tuniced troopers on the Death Star, and the jumpsuited guys on Endor.  I think some of the guys working the controls IN the bunker were in tunics too...  There were some jumpsuited DST's running on the Death Star when it was blowing up as Luke was lugging his old man around.

Nice mix...  More to sit and debate.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: June 2, 2006, 01:20 PM »
Time for a bump.  With the German site (4inches) right on the money, it looks  like this will be the  breakdown for this wave:

(53) Rebel Sentry Guard
(54) Han Solo Ceremonial
(55) Luke Skywalker Ceremonial
(56) X-Wing Pilot
(57) Death Star Trooper
(58) Fan's Choice

I would assume that these will be the last figs (basic at least) of the year and will pics will debut at this years Convention. 

Heres hoping Hasbro can squeeze out a couple more waves for the year end Holiday rush.
« Last Edit: June 3, 2006, 10:12 AM by Jim »

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: June 2, 2006, 02:12 PM »
I am forgetting what the Fan's Choice is.  Is that the Toy Fare character or something else?  Has to be I guess.

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: June 2, 2006, 02:21 PM »
That we STILL don't know what it is yet....

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: June 2, 2006, 02:47 PM »
Time for a bump.  With the German site (4inches) right on the money, it looks  like this will be the  breakdown for this wave:

(53) Rebel Sentry Guard
(54) Han Solo Ceremonial
(56) X-Wing Pilot
(57) Fan's Choice

I would assume that these will be the last figs (basic at least) of the year and will pics will debut at this years Convention.

Heres hoping Hasbro can squeeze out a couple more waves for the year end Holiday rush.

That's what I'm wondering too.  Most of the rumors have held true this year, and if so, that will take us through 57 figures (as mentioned above) for the year.  That's normally a pretty big year, even with rehashes, so will we see anything beyond this?  At the rate things have been released this year, the Endor and Naboo waves could definitely be out by August/Sept, leaving just the last wave for the rest of the year.  With the upcoming DVDs, there will likely be some sort of a push (although not as big as last time), but maybe the 3 packs, "tins" with figures, and rumored 2nd wave of VTSC will cover that.  I mean, its not like I haven't spent enough money this year (and continue to), but I guess I wouldn't mind being surprised by some more new figs for the end of the year.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #81 on: June 2, 2006, 04:01 PM »
I don't know why but resculpts of Luke and Han ceremonial really appeal to me.  That's a scene that really feels incomplete right now.

The Rebel Sentry...  Scum originally claimed it was the RFT in the tower with scanner pistol.  I recall the description distinctly...  I've heard from sources that say otherwise in the past though, that it's the Rebel Honor Guard...  What will it be?  If it's a new RFT I'd be ecstatic in the hopes it is SA...  If it's an Honor Guard it's a figure I want (nicely articulated I hope, as their uniform is common for rebels actually) but at the same time I want a new RFT...  Tough who to root for that for me.

A generic Rebel Pilot with great articulation is my hope for that...

And add ICMG and that's a good wave. ;)
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: June 2, 2006, 04:09 PM »
Yeah, I'm actually looking forward to this wave as well - and hoping for resculpts of both Ceremonial Luke and Han.  I really hope it isn't "Cantina Han with a medal".  This whole wave could be a nice one, depending on how many new sculpts/rehashes we get.  Sounds like a good wave to me though.

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #83 on: June 2, 2006, 04:25 PM »
I don't know why but resculpts of Luke and Han ceremonial really appeal to me.  That's a scene that really feels incomplete right now.

A Ceremonial Han doesn't do a lot for me (his shirt's buttoned all the way up!  And he has a medal!), but I'm really hoping for a nice new Ceremonial Luke.  I've always loved that outfit, and the two figures it's gotten are balls by today's standards.  Super-articulation, new holster, a blaster, a lit saber along with a separate hilt. . .  it could turn out really nice if they put the effort into it. 

Still don't know the best way to do the jacket, though.  I guess a molded-on jacket would probably still look the best.
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: June 2, 2006, 04:27 PM »
(53) Rebel Sentry Guard
(54) Han Solo Ceremonial
(56) X-Wing Pilot
(57) Fan's Choice

Is there supposed to be more to the wave than that?  I think it needs a couple Imperials or we're looking at a pegwarming wave.

:)

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: June 2, 2006, 08:34 PM »
(53) Rebel Sentry Guard
(54) Han Solo Ceremonial
(56) X-Wing Pilot
(57) Death Star Trooper
(58) Fan's Choice

Is there supposed to be more to the wave than that?  I think it needs a couple Imperials or we're looking at a pegwarming wave.

Check out my other post regarding rumored figs past Yavin.
« Last Edit: June 2, 2006, 08:45 PM by Jim »

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #86 on: June 3, 2006, 02:10 AM »
Still don't know the best way to do the jacket, though.  I guess a molded-on jacket would probably still look the best.

You mean between cloth and a separately sculpted jacket piece?  I'd say the separately sculpted...  I'm not opposed to cloth most of the time though, but I'm having some Leia Collection flashbacks on the thought of a new Ceremonial Luke with cloth jacket...  The POTF2 basic's sculpted jacket was nice, it was his ripped sculpt and goofy "lean" that I hated...  I would definitely be into a new sculpt Luke Ceremony then.

The Han is so-so, yeah...  Still, it's a Han they haven't done yet.  I think his sleeves are full-length too (ooooo!), but it'd be different.  Maybe a nice smirking face sculpt...  :)  It'd be a little different and better than Cantina Han.  Right now my Ceremony Leia and Luke look incomplete though, that's why I'm interested in the Han so much.

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: June 3, 2006, 10:14 AM »
I modified the list since I left off one the most wanted figs.  The Death Star Trooper is suppose to be #57 and the Fan's Choice is #58.

If this ends at this number it is almost identical to the first year of the original Saga series which ended at 57 figures.  And that was a movie year (AOTC).  So it is most likely that this may be the last assortment.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: June 3, 2006, 10:24 AM »

Check out my other post regarding rumored figs past Yavin.

Gotcha - thanks.  A Death Star trooper would be a great addition to it... and a VOTC Stormie really would make it a solid wave.  I hope that happens somehow.  Wonder what the Fans Choice could be... I'd be happy with a McQuarrie Stormie repacked.

Offline Clone Hunter

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Cybertronian Artifacts
« Reply #89 on: June 3, 2006, 11:24 AM »
I'll have to rewatch the scene, but how about the officer who was at the command roundtable and was ordered by Tarkin to destroy Alderaan?

How about an updated old Tarkin?
My trade thread: http://www.jedidefender.com/yabbse/index.php?topic=10408.0
Email is your best bet to contact me.