Author Topic: 30AC Wave 2 - The Battle of Yavin  (Read 84494 times)

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
Re: Battle of Death Star Wave
« Reply #60 on: February 11, 2006, 08:54 PM »
I was really hoping we'd get a look at this wave at Toy Fair, but alas...
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Dan

• Jedi Knight
  • Got some
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 12, 2006, 09:03 AM »
A repack of hood-up leia would be a nice addition as well. Although, I don't think she wore it that way on the death star or yavin...

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
Re: Battle of Death Star (Yavin) Wave
« Reply #62 on: February 23, 2006, 12:44 PM »
I merged the two threads (Battle of Death Star / Battle of Yavin) together since one of the reports from Toy Fair indicated a pseudo-confirmation that they are two different names for the same thing.

Still no confirmation on the actual figures in this wave though, so for now all we have is the rumor reports...

Rebel Sentry
Luke Skywalker (Ceremony)
Han Solo (Ceremony)
Rebel Pilot
Death Star Trooper
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 23, 2006, 06:03 PM »
A repack of hood-up leia would be a nice addition as well. Although, I don't think she wore it that way on the death star or yavin...

I agree... I would absolutely love to see the VOTC Leia repacked actually... maybe with a removable hood?

:P

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 24, 2006, 12:13 PM »
I'm looking forward to seeing the DS Trooper the most. Since the rumor is that he's a re-tool, I want to see how badly they mess it up. ;)
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 24, 2006, 01:03 PM »
I'm looking forward to seeing the DS Trooper the most. Since the rumor is that he's a re-tool, I want to see how badly they mess it up. ;)

I would of been happy with the POTJ Imperial Officer with the POTF Death Star Trooper head and helmet.   Then midway through the run change over to the grey uniform. 

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 25, 2006, 11:59 AM »

I would of been happy with the POTJ Imperial Officer with the POTF Death Star Trooper head and helmet.   Then midway through the run change over to the grey uniform. 

Yeah, but that's not movie accurate is it?

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #67 on: February 25, 2006, 12:30 PM »

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #69 on: February 27, 2006, 04:28 AM »
Scott's showing you the grey uni'd Death Star Trooper Anton. :)

The uni of the guy in the pod in scenes where Tarkin orders the destruction of Alderaan is grey with a black helmet and headset but he's not really easily visible in the film itself.

There's actually 3 uniforms for DST's in the films that are clear...  There's the grey one which I've always assumed to be an officer of sorts.  There's of course the black uniformed ones which are in ANH and ESB.  They're sporting the tunic and riding breeches. 

Then in ROTJ there's guys in the POTJ Imp. Officer outfit with Death Star Trooper helmets on, running about on Endor.  I think they're in the hangar scene too...  So technically all 3 are right, more or less.  :)

I'd love a super articulated one in the tunic/breeches, grey and black variants...  I'd dig it if they put the POTF2 figure's head/helmet on the POTJ Officer's body then later as a kitbash.  the head's a perfect fit for that body actually, so it'd be a simple way for Hasbro to make a load of cash.  If they were EXTRA nice they'd put articulated TIE Pilot legs on him, as the pack-in Pilot with the bendable knees has legs that fit the Imp Officer body perfectly.  it'd be a nice kitbash and a slightly better poseable figure as well.  I'd buy tons of that I'm sure.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 27, 2006, 09:37 AM »
Scott's showing you the grey uni'd Death Star Trooper Anton. :)

The uni of the guy in the pod in scenes where Tarkin orders the destruction of Alderaan is grey with a black helmet and headset but he's not really easily visible in the film itself.

There's actually 3 uniforms for DST's in the films that are clear...  There's the grey one which I've always assumed to be an officer of sorts.  There's of course the black uniformed ones which are in ANH and ESB.  They're sporting the tunic and riding breeches. 

Then in ROTJ there's guys in the POTJ Imp. Officer outfit with Death Star Trooper helmets on, running about on Endor.  I think they're in the hangar scene too...  So technically all 3 are right, more or less.  :)

I'd love a super articulated one in the tunic/breeches, grey and black variants...  I'd dig it if they put the POTF2 figure's head/helmet on the POTJ Officer's body then later as a kitbash.  the head's a perfect fit for that body actually, so it'd be a simple way for Hasbro to make a load of cash.  If they were EXTRA nice they'd put articulated TIE Pilot legs on him, as the pack-in Pilot with the bendable knees has legs that fit the Imp Officer body perfectly.  it'd be a nice kitbash and a slightly better poseable figure as well.  I'd buy tons of that I'm sure.

Thanks Scott and Jesse! I've never noticed a trooper in a jumpsuit before, I'll take a good hard look in those scenes next time.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #71 on: February 28, 2006, 02:26 AM »
Yeah ROTJ kind of dumbed down a lot of ANH's uniforms.  There's Yavin Techs and Officers working on Home One but you have to look closely...  There's the DST's but they're in jumpsuits...  That kind of stuff.  It's weird.

I pay attention with a particular anal retentive flare to uniforms.  I'm a big military feind so it's something I have interest in.  Of note, there was a military advisor on board for ANH and ESB but not ROTJ.  Thus in ROTJ the ranks on Imp. Uniforms are all the same...  It's supposedly a reason there's uniform differences too however there's a lot of ways to explain that the uniforms in ANH and ROTJ are actually similar in most ways but that what we see of say the Rebel Soldiers are Commandos/Spec. Forces and not the "grunt" Fleet Trooper guys, and then the Mon Cal uniforms can be explained away too...  It's not like we see human Ship Commanders to say that this ISN'T the Alliance Fleet Standard for ship crewmen or whatever...  Lots of fudging room, though ROTJ is noticeably less "together" compared to ANH and ESB which blended seamlessly together and had lots of variances in details like arm patches, rank badges, etc...  There's some rich detail there, and it was really quite nicely laid out.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 28, 2006, 09:41 AM »
Of note, there was a military advisor on board for ANH and ESB but not ROTJ.  Thus in ROTJ the ranks on Imp. Uniforms are all the same...  It's supposedly a reason there's uniform differences too however there's a lot of ways to explain that the uniforms in ANH and ROTJ are actually similar in most ways but that what we see of say the Rebel Soldiers are Commandos/Spec. Forces and not the "grunt" Fleet Trooper guys, and then the Mon Cal uniforms can be explained away too...  It's not like we see human Ship Commanders to say that this ISN'T the Alliance Fleet Standard for ship crewmen or whatever...  Lots of fudging room, though ROTJ is noticeably less "together" compared to ANH and ESB which blended seamlessly together and had lots of variances in details like arm patches, rank badges, etc...  There's some rich detail there, and it was really quite nicely laid out.

Screams volumes about Kutz's influence on the saga, doesn't it? Regarding seeing Human ship commanders in ROTJ, don't forget that scenes were filmed with Madine commanding one of the crusiers. There's a picture in the Sansweet Action Figure Archive. I think one of the BG guys is wearing a Hoth style uniform. :P

Offline Nathan

• Jedi Knight
  • Destroying the hobby one EU figure at a time.
    • View Profile
    • The Clone Wars Unofficial Site (in carbonite)
« Reply #73 on: February 28, 2006, 01:51 PM »
I read there was some sort of costuming snafu that led to all the ROTJ Imp rank badges being the same ... I'm not familiar with details. Probably more a run-of-the-mill blooper than anything that needs to be rationalized.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2006, 01:54 PM by Valin Kenobirific! »
Twitter: @OKeefeNathan
Blog: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Fanboy (in carbonite since '09, back someday)

Offline Gatillo

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama! So what?!?
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I work on Antarctic bugs!!!
« Reply #74 on: February 28, 2006, 03:50 PM »
wardrobe malfunction?
You are never alone when there's a clone.

"Feel don't think"...and she slapped me right after I said it too.