Author Topic: Photos of the collection... February 2020 Update  (Read 185330 times)

Offline commander apoc

• Jedi Initiate
  • Fine by me.....
    • View Profile
Re: Finally took pictures of my collection... ****New Photos 03/11/07
« Reply #60 on: August 16, 2007, 11:14 AM »
well, he is pretty geeky. i mean, come on, collecting dolls?

They are action figures...not dolls.  :D

oh yeah.... ;D
There can never be enough clones.....

Online Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 16, 2007, 10:47 PM »
Started re-working the room this week.  The Gentle Giant wall is all set - now I took all the legos and 12" down and expanded the shelving on that wall.  I'm moving the loose figures to this wall - should be about  25% more room for those.  Legos and 12" will go onto the other wall.

Online Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 1, 2007, 09:47 PM »
Updated the pictures back in the first post - the room is all done for now.

Swapped the big walls, expanded the Gentle Giant section... Burger King and Unleashed are in the closet.  Should have a little bit of room to expand loose-figure wise.  Running out of room for carded on the walls very quickly.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
Re: Finally took pictures of my collection... Updated 11/01/07
« Reply #63 on: November 1, 2007, 11:06 PM »
Wow.  That is one heck of a collection Rob.  Very nice!  Do you keep one of everything carded and get 1+ of everything loose?
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Online Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 2, 2007, 01:13 AM »
Wow.  That is one heck of a collection Rob. 

Thanks. :)

Very nice!  Do you keep one of everything carded and get 1+ of everything loose?

That's the current strategy.  I'm seriously debating getting out of the carded game - at 27, I'm starting to feel like I could better spend some of my money in a place other than buying duplicates.

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
  • 1/6 the Sith I used to be...
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 2, 2007, 11:01 PM »
That is simply amazing...  So much so that my computer locked up when it was loading all your pictures.  That is just unreal...  I'm in awe.
The 60mm Sith Lord - All the hate and anger you've come to expect, now in a new conveniently sized package!

Online Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 19, 2008, 12:12 PM »
Gizmodo wanted to feature the collection - article is here if anyone is interested:

http://gizmodo.com/357908/the-biggest-star-wars-collection-in-the-galaxy

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 20, 2008, 04:19 AM »
Damn cool Rob!  Congrats on your time in the spotlight.

You gotta love those comments from the readers too.  ;)

Online Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 20, 2008, 09:53 AM »
Yep - pretty much what I expected.  Half nice, half all hung up on the idea that I have a real live girlfriend.

Whatev.

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 20, 2008, 11:30 AM »
Great article on your collection. The comments were pretty funny. Too bad there are always people that feel the need to tear someone down just to make their empty lives feel better.

That's the first time I've seen your collection Rob. It's most impressive! I really like it. I wonder what my collection would look like if I got everything out and put it up in the same style you have. I'm really impressed with the lego sets you have. I've always wanted to collect lego but there isn't enough room to keep them together and on display.

Have you ever considered getting some custom made cabinets and maybe decorating the room to some star wars planet or star destroyer simular to Wise's room? That will make it look less like a storage room and would really show off the figures. That's something I'm planning for my star wars room during an extensive house remodel. One thing I'm planning is to build a fiber optic star scape ceiling to hang my ships from. I like how you added the rocks for asteroids. It's a great touch.

Is this room filled to capacity now?
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #70 on: February 20, 2008, 04:04 PM »
Congrats Rob. A great read and loved seeing those images again.  8)
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Online Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 20, 2008, 05:13 PM »
Great article on your collection. The comments were pretty funny. Too bad there are always people that feel the need to tear someone down just to make their empty lives feel better.

Yeah, I'm not too worried about it.  She's a hell of a catch and everything is great.

That's the first time I've seen your collection Rob. It's most impressive! I really like it. I wonder what my collection would look like if I got everything out and put it up in the same style you have. I'm really impressed with the lego sets you have. I've always wanted to collect lego but there isn't enough room to keep them together and on display.

Thanks!  The larger legos definitely eat up a lot of space - especially the Falcons.  I have the Star Destroyer boxed up because there's no where to put it and it's too wide for the shelves I use.

Have you ever considered getting some custom made cabinets and maybe decorating the room to some star wars planet or star destroyer simular to Wise's room? That will make it look less like a storage room and would really show off the figures. That's something I'm planning for my star wars room during an extensive house remodel. One thing I'm planning is to build a fiber optic star scape ceiling to hang my ships from. I like how you added the rocks for asteroids. It's a great touch.

I've never thought about doing anything custom for this home because a few years from now I'm expecting us to have moved into something bigger.  The asteroids actually came from a Hasbro Star Wars commercial shoot I was on a few years ago for the OTC Falcon and TIE Fighter.  Afterwards my friend and I asked if we could have them, and they gave us a trash bag full.

Is this room filled to capacity now?

Pretty much.  I'm out of wall space and am looking to sell all my carded figures to get some space back, and because I decided that I was all done buying 2 of everything.

Congrats Rob. A great read and loved seeing those images again.  8)

Thanks sir!
« Last Edit: February 20, 2008, 05:14 PM by Rob »

Offline knashdx

• Jedi Knight
  • I see Llama's
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 21, 2008, 09:37 AM »
Rob

Awesom, just freaking awesom.
I have been told to go to hell; well at least I will know everyone there!

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #73 on: February 22, 2008, 07:05 PM »
Thats pretty awesome! Thanks for sharing.  ;D
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Online Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: February 26, 2008, 12:51 AM »
Thats pretty awesome! Thanks for sharing.  ;D

Thanks!

Do you have pictures of your collection anywhere?  I hear rumors that it puts mine out to pasture.   :)