Author Topic: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed  (Read 85267 times)

Offline JangoTat

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed
« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2007, 10:16 PM »
ohhhh makes sense. it would really suck on the PS2 though :S
School has been on strike all month. so much for the summer job I was hoping to get D:

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2007, 03:10 AM »
If they're porting it to the PS2 (why?), it's disappointing there's no port for the X-Box since it's amuch more powerful system than the PS2, and where the hell is the Wii port?  Man, who doesn't think the Wii controller isn't the ideal to play a game where you kick the **** out of people with the force?

I think they're missing the boat with that, but there's been rumors of a completely separate SW game for the Wii so maybe I'm jumping the gun...  I just think TFU is going to be fantastic on next-gen systems so now I'm more intent on getting a 360.

I hope the "Apprentice" you play isn't customizeable for the figure line accompanying it...  I prefer a story with a set line and characters.  I'd love a figure then of who you play as.

This game looks fantastic, so far, I am curious to see how it plays, what the real style of the game is, and if it's not too over the top.  I don't want it to really stretch the precedents the force have set for them within the films somewhat.  I can see it being more a tool of destruction and all...  I just don't want it to go over the top like in the CW toons or something like that.  I'm hoping for "realism" (using that term loosely obviously).
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2007, 11:35 AM »
If they're porting it to the PS2 (why?)

Because the PS2 is still the best-selling home console out there, and they'd be losing out on a ton of sales if they didn't port it to the PS2.  That's why.  Whereas the original XBox is all but dead, with nearly all of it's support having already gone over to the 360.
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2007, 07:23 PM »
I bet there is still hope for the PC folks, it will just take a while longer.  Hell, Gears of War (awesome game btw), is also coming to PC.

I am glad I have a 360 now.  ;D
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #19 on: February 15, 2007, 08:32 PM »
I'd think the work porting it (It has to be substantial to dumb down the engine and things) to the PS2 wouldn't be worth it...  I can see not taking it to the X-Box for that very reason of course, but seriously if your'e going to dumb the game down for a last gen system, why not for the two that did well?  There's as many XB owners not owning 360's as there are PS owners not owning PS3's I'd think...  Equal money lost despite the XB abandonment.

Either way I'm actually not interested in owning a copy of this for a last gen system...  I'd want it for PC or a 360 god willing I can get one. 

I really hope this lives up to expectations.  I'm thinking the hype is going to be very Phantom Menace-ish. :(
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2007, 08:58 PM »
Jesse, they ARE making a Wii port. You must have missed it in my earlier post. :-*
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #21 on: February 15, 2007, 09:12 PM »
There's as many XB owners not owning 360's as there are PS owners not owning PS3's I'd think...

Oh, no.  At this point, a lot more XBox owners have made the jump to the 360, than their PS2 brethren have with the PS3.
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #22 on: February 15, 2007, 09:38 PM »
Guess I gotta **** or get off the pot. :)

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #23 on: February 15, 2007, 09:45 PM »
Guess I gotta **** or get off the pot. :)

Hey, me too--but I'm waiting to see what happens later this year.  All kinds of rumors flying about regarding a price drop and/or redesigned hardware of some kind. . .

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #24 on: February 16, 2007, 01:21 AM »
Yeah I honestly can't afford it.  I got a camera last year and that's still getting paid, though near done there.  Don't want to do a pile-on of electronics so I'll live without this.  FU isn't due till the end of the year anyway.

The video I just posted on the front page though...  My god that looks like fun.

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #25 on: February 16, 2007, 11:12 AM »
The video I just posted on the front page though...  My god that looks like fun.

Here's another tech demo that's been making the rounds.

It's not as fun as seeing stormtroopers getting tossed around, but we do get a look at the Felucia environment, as well as a look at a giant Rancor skeleton, Indiana Jones on a rope bridge, and a certain hated Gungan character encased in. . .  Jello?

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #26 on: February 17, 2007, 01:26 AM »
The link's coming up as some spanish text on a google page. :)

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #27 on: February 17, 2007, 09:18 AM »
That's funny--it was working just fine right before I put it up.  Weird, wild stuff.

Try this.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2007, 09:19 AM by Matt »

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #28 on: February 20, 2007, 01:43 PM »
Jesse, they ARE making a Wii port. You must have missed it in my earlier post. :-*

The Wii version has yet to be confirmed.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 20, 2007, 09:40 PM »
Is that so? I saw the "Next Gen Systems" line and assumed Wii was included. I think LucasArts would be stupid not to make a Wii version, this game sounds like a perfect fit for the system.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks