Author Topic: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed  (Read 85261 times)

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
Re: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed
« Reply #165 on: December 4, 2008, 06:27 PM »
Some new downloadable content was released today, at least for the 360 (and maybe the PS3 as well, I don't know):

Jedi Temple Mission Pack ~ 800 points/$10

The Apprentice Mission Pack contains an entirely new single-player mission set in the Jedi Temple on the planet Coruscant.  In this mission Darth Vader’s Secret Apprentice turns to the Jedi Temple to learn more about his father, and while searching through the rubble of the destroyed building he must confront his inner demons... Download this mission pack and you’ll also get 6 brand new characters and 3 all new Secret Apprentice costumes.

Character Pack 2 ~ 400 points/$5

Download the Star Wars®: The Force Unleashed™ Character Pack 2! In this pack you get seven new characters including Republic Trooper, Tatooine Luke, Ben Kenobi, Jedi Master Plo Koon, Count Dooku, Jango Fett, and C-3P0. You’ll also get three new Secret Apprentice costumes including Utility Combat Suit Apprentice, Animated-style Apprentice, and Spirit Apprentice.
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #166 on: December 4, 2008, 06:35 PM »
Thanks for the heads up Matt. I love your new avatar BTW. :)
"This is the way."

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #167 on: December 4, 2008, 06:36 PM »
Get in that ass, Larry.
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline JangoTat

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: December 4, 2008, 06:39 PM »
Some new downloadable content was released today, at least for the 360 (and maybe the PS3 as well, I don't know):

The Apprentice Mission Pack contains an entirely new single-player mission set in the Jedi Temple on the planet Coruscant.  In this mission Darth Vader’s Secret Apprentice turns to the Jedi Temple to learn more about his father, and while searching through the rubble of the destroyed building he must confront his inner demons... Download this mission pack and you’ll also get 6 brand new characters and 3 all new Secret Apprentice costumes.

Character Pack 2 ~ 400 points/$5

Download the Star Wars®: The Force Unleashed™ Character Pack 2! In this pack you get seven new characters including Republic Trooper, Tatooine Luke, Ben Kenobi, Jedi Master Plo Koon, Count Dooku, Jango Fett, and C-3P0. You’ll also get three new Secret Apprentice costumes including Utility Combat Suit Apprentice, Animated-style Apprentice, and Spirit Apprentice.

damn/ wish this stuff was free...
School has been on strike all month. so much for the summer job I was hoping to get D:

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #169 on: December 4, 2008, 07:27 PM »
I'll probably download the new mission after Christmas.  I'm not on X-box live right now.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Chris M

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Time to nut up or shut up.
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: December 26, 2008, 06:53 PM »
I got this game for PS2 for Christmas and I enjoy the game, but am getting pissed the **** off.

I've been playing the first level and have been playing the boss for a ******* hour now.  I can't figure out how to beat him.  I'll get him down to two bars and then the circle pops up.  I push circle, we get into a stand off, and then that ****** is back to 1/3 strength and then we go round and round again. 

Anybody help me out here? 

Also, are you only able to play as the dark side on the PS2 version?
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."  Ben franklin

Embrace the suck.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: December 27, 2008, 03:06 PM »
Chris,

I don't have a Playstation, but as far as the story goes, you will have a decision point towards the end of the game for light side or darkside.

My nephew got this game for the Wii and I played it a little....it's a lot of fun with the Wii controls, but I noticed some little differences in the levels and such.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: April 14, 2009, 06:43 PM »
Started TFU on Saturday and finished up on Sunday.  Nice game, but blah - I won't be playing it again even though I couldn't get enough of frying up all of those Stormies.  Glad I finally got around to playing it as I now have a good connection with what Hasbro released and it makes me appreciate the figs that much more.  Killing Vader just seemed....so wrong, but somehow I managed to become the Emperor's new friend.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: April 14, 2009, 08:49 PM »
Did you play both endings?
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: April 15, 2009, 11:06 AM »

No - wouldn't the other ending just play out with me not killing innocent people?  Not sure I want to spend another 8 hours or so on this game.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #175 on: April 15, 2009, 11:47 AM »

No - wouldn't the other ending just play out with me not killing innocent people?  Not sure I want to spend another 8 hours or so on this game.

You can just load the Death Star level over again. All you have to do is walk over to the Emperor at the end rather than trying to finish off Vader.
"This is the way."

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: April 15, 2009, 01:05 PM »
I had no clue...Will have to try the other version tonight.  Thanks for the tip!

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
  • 1/6 the Sith I used to be...
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: June 4, 2009, 10:32 AM »
Not sure if anyone has else out there has been holding off buying this or not, but I noticed that Amazon has the Wii version listed for $19.99 now...
The 60mm Sith Lord - All the hate and anger you've come to expect, now in a new conveniently sized package!

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
« Reply #178 on: June 4, 2009, 01:07 PM »
I guess it's worth $20... I've played through it twice, and I paid $60 + the cost of the extra mission and skins.

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #179 on: July 20, 2009, 06:48 PM »

This is the Deal of the Week on XBox Live this week.  Half-off, 400 points, $5, whatever, for Gold members only.

There's also five new Achievements posted which indicate some upcoming downloadable content, probably revolving around original trilogy-era Tatooine:

And The Quarterback is Toast    30
Defeat Boba Fett

Skywalker Style   15
Meet Jabba and defeat his pet using the pit gate

No More Lies, Old Man   50
Defeat Obi-Wan, before and after he becomes more powerful than you can possibly imagine

Hot Bot   15
Use the hot irons three times on the Gonk Power Droid

Jawa Juicer   15
Crush 5 Jawas by using the grinder in the Garbage Processing Room

Probably an announcement during Comic Con.