Author Topic: My new love...Chipotle Burritos  (Read 6408 times)

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
I just returned from my Lover's place and am full of spicy beef and beans...Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrp  What a great lunch that was :-*

Offline Hung Solow

• Jedi Initiate
  • Public Enemy #1
    • View Profile
Did you return because you didn't want to defile here bathroom???  ;D ;) :P
Blessed be the Maker and his Water, Blessed be the coming and the going of Him, May His passage cleanse the world. --- Dune: Dr. Kynes; Imperial Ecologist

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
I won a T-shirt at Chipotle two weekends ago!  My brother and I went to get our burritos and a lady was walking down the line with a big bowl of chili peppers.  We got the idea that it to guess how many peppers were in the bowl

I got the correct answer (57) so I got a free T-Shirt and a Free Burrito.  Good stuff!

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
I won a T-shirt at Chipotle two weekends ago!  My brother and I went to get our burritos and a lady was walking down the line with a big bowl of chili peppers.  We got the idea that it to guess how many peppers were in the bowl

I got the correct answer (57) so I got a free T-Shirt and a Free Burrito.  Good stuff!

Wow...just...wow. I wish my life was reducsed to guessing hom many peppers were in a bowl. ;)

Now eating them...thats where I come in.

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline Mainland05

• Jedi Apprentice
  • inventing a time machine :)
    • View Profile
Re: My new love...Chipotle Burritos
« Reply #19 on: November 21, 2003, 11:25 AM »
Taco Bell, do you guys all have Taco Bell?
Born & Raised Modesto Man. :)

Offline infallible

• Youngling
  • Wishing for Cake
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 25, 2003, 10:20 AM »
Taco Bell?  Surely you jest...

Chipotle is far and away superior to Taco Bell.  Don't get me wrong, I like the T-Bell, but it's fast food quality.  Chipotle isn't gourmet, but it's damn good.  Taco Bell is yankee Tex Mex, but Chipotle is closer to real southwest food.

Num.  I want one now...  Goin'ta ChipOTle to git a burrEEto...  (Damn McDonald's...)

Offline Matt Carroll

• Jedi Initiate
  • Who shot who in the what now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 25, 2003, 11:42 AM »
These are fairly new to Minnesota and there is one right down the road from my house...I cannot say how much I love this place.

I usually go for the Barbacoa (spicy shredded beef) with hot Salsa, Black beans, Sour Cream and Cheese and then add in some Chipotle Tabasco for good measure.  

Sure its fast food and sure they are owned by Satan but if you haven't tried it, you are missing out!

www.chipotle.com

Don't take this the wrong way Scott, but Chipotle sucks ass.   :)  There is a local set of places (Denver/Boulder area) called Illegal Pete's and a regional place called Qdoba, both of whose "fast food" burritos put Chipotle to shame.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2003, 11:42 AM by Matt Carroll »
Matt Carroll
udflyerman (at) gmail (dot) com
Always looking for rare/unusual Darth Vader items to add to my collection

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #22 on: November 25, 2003, 09:12 PM »
Didn't Chipotle start in Denver before being taken over by Satan?  They are the best burritos I've had...here's an idea Matt.  Pack a couple in dry ice and send them on up to me and I'll give each one a whirl...we'll see which is better :-*

Offline Ginger girl

• Youngling
  • babushka!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 25, 2003, 10:24 PM »
mmmmmmm...chipotle.  Their burritos are good...but I cannot finish a whole one.  Too big.

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 26, 2003, 09:02 AM »
I have yet to make it to Chipotle, even though they have popped up like crazy around here.  There are just so many local "hole in the wall" Tex Mex and real Mexican food places around here that I never make it.

It would help if they have a drive thru, that how Taco Cabana gets all my business...and whoever said it before is right, TACO BELL?  Surely you jest....

Does Chipotle JUST have Burritos?

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #25 on: November 26, 2003, 09:38 AM »
no...they sell soft shell tacos, nachos and BEER

Offline Matt Carroll

• Jedi Initiate
  • Who shot who in the what now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 26, 2003, 12:19 PM »
Didn't Chipotle start in Denver before being taken over by Satan?  They are the best burritos I've had...here's an idea Matt.  Pack a couple in dry ice and send them on up to me and I'll give each one a whirl...we'll see which is better :-*

They may have. I'm not sure if they started here in Denver or not, but Chipotle has been here for over 4 years.

Of course, we could always do the burrito gaunlet taste test the next time you are out here in Denver as well.  :-*
Matt Carroll
udflyerman (at) gmail (dot) com
Always looking for rare/unusual Darth Vader items to add to my collection

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #27 on: November 26, 2003, 02:14 PM »

They may have. I'm not sure if they started here in Denver or not, but Chipotle has been here for over 4 years.

Of course, we could always do the burrito gaunlet taste test the next time you are out here in Denver as well.  :-*

Your on...we'll eat three burritos in three hours.  My wife will not be happy with the results but I think I might be :)

And I was thinking of Quizno's which I know started in Denver...but I just looked and Chipotle started there too!

Offline Ginger girl

• Youngling
  • babushka!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 26, 2003, 07:44 PM »

Your on...we'll eat three burritos in three hours.  My wife will not be happy with the results but I think I might be :)

And I was thinking of Quizno's which I know started in Denver...but I just looked and Chipotle started there too!

hmm...if your wife's not happy you very soon might not be.  lol

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #29 on: July 13, 2004, 04:07 PM »
Bump (all others besides Matt Carroll feel free to reply)

Anyone had the chance to partake in this hefty and oh so delicious piece of Mexicana?