Author Topic: George Lucas in Stormtrooper Disguise.  (Read 105300 times)

Offline TheBlackDog65

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
Re: George Lucas in Stormtrooper Disguise.
« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2006, 12:16 PM »
No complaining, just an easy pass.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2006, 01:00 AM by TheBlackDog65 »
"For too long gentleness has been equated with weakness.  Yet it takes more strength to be gentle than to be mean."

John Keeshan

Wants: Saga Wave 3

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2006, 01:00 PM »
Yeah, that head sculpt is fantastic. Too bad the body sculpt doesn't compliment it. At any rate, I'm kind of glad it's the Commtech body. It makes it easier for me to get only one.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Online Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2006, 01:04 PM »
I'll send away for my free one since I had planned to open all of my vTSC figures anyway... now I'll just hope that he comes in a while mailer box and not carded so that I need another one.   :-X
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline CloneF13Y35

• Jedi Padawan
  • I think I"m a CLone Now
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 11, 2006, 01:10 PM »
so you gotta spend at least $50 plus tax to get each VOTC figure to get the 5 coupons needed to get ONE GL in stormtrooper disguise?? :-\
IF the 5 figs were ones I really RILLY wanted then maybe but other than the SA looking x-wing pilot Luke and Tusken Raider, they just don't trip my trigger.
{{|///////Frank//}[================>
"I think I'm a Clone now"
"No I'm not!"
"Yes - I AM"

Offline foolintherain76

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 11, 2006, 06:24 PM »
I'm assuming 2 things here:

That you just need to send in 5 proofs of purchase from the outer casings of the figures.  That means you could buy all Scout troopers if you wanted to.  I don't think they would individualize the stickers b/c that would just take more work (and cost) for them.  Seems reasonable to assume.

And that the Lucas Stormtrooper is carded on a Vintage style card.  That's why he's considered VOTC.  If not, I definitely won't purchase it anyway, b/c I like all my figures carded.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 11, 2006, 06:39 PM »
I said yesterday that it looked like the original pic was photoshopped due to the helmet... looks like I was right unfortunately... it comes with the buff Stormtrooper helmet -

http://photos.sirstevesguide.com/showphoto.php?photo=16332&cat=4755

Personally, I think this is one of the funniest things I've ever seen.  Hasbro tried to build this up like it was some big deal, and they fall flat on their face with a pathetic attempt at a figure (if you can even call it that).

:P

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 11, 2006, 07:02 PM »
and they fall flat on their face with a pathetic attempt at a figure (if you can even call it that).

:P

I'd call it a piece of turd that came out of a llama's ass.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 11, 2006, 08:12 PM »
I still think the headsculpt is pretty good. The rest of the figure is meh, but it's meant as a display piece/novelty item anyway, so it doesn't bother me one bit. I'll still get one, since I'll be getting all of the VTSC.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 11, 2006, 08:53 PM »
so you gotta spend at least $50 plus tax to get each VOTC figure to get the 5 coupons needed to get ONE GL in stormtrooper disguise?? :-\

Plus shipping and handling, I think.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline TheBlackDog65

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 12, 2006, 01:03 AM »
Again, this is a figure that I just see no use for, nor do I have any interest for. This will sound crazy to some, but IMO if Hasbro really wanted to remember George, make  a figure of a character he actually played in the movie . . . . oh wait, that's right, its coming out in April . . . .
Or make a figure with Geore in a flannel shirt and jeans . . . and on his stand, put the name Great Flannel One.
"For too long gentleness has been equated with weakness.  Yet it takes more strength to be gentle than to be mean."

John Keeshan

Wants: Saga Wave 3

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 12, 2006, 02:18 AM »
It's a bonus - that's how I'm forced to look at it.  I'd be buying these VOTC figures anyway, so kudos to Hasbro for reviving the old mail-away offer thing and letting us all get in on the nostalgia that comes along with it. 

If it was Hermie Odle everyone would be furious - at least with a Lucas figure most people won't freak out if they don't get one.

I'll order as many as I'm able to with all the Scout Troopers I'm hoping to find and maybe I can trade the extras if there are any.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2006, 02:20 AM by Rob »

Offline Dan

• Jedi Knight
  • Got some
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 12, 2006, 08:38 AM »
With the VOTC concept, it might have made sense to make that "director" version of lucas. I just hope these are prototype shots and that it ends up being more VOTC like.

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #27 on: February 14, 2006, 10:03 AM »
What I find funny is that you can order a case of these figures from SWS.com but you still have to send in the proof of purchases to get you GL stormtrooper.

Let's see, didn't I just purchase a case from you guys? Why don't you just send me 2 GL's with my order and we'll call it a day?

::)

« Last Edit: February 14, 2006, 10:04 AM by jedijaybird »
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 14, 2006, 12:21 PM »
It's an incentive for carded collectors to buy an extra set - nothing more, nothing less.

Being that it requires VOTC UPC's, one would think the stormtrooper would be of VOTC quality....

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 14, 2006, 03:25 PM »
Are you going to have to send the UPC's or the Kenner logo on back of the cardback ???.  If only the UPC then you can still get away with keeping the fig carded since the UPC is on a seperate insert inside the case.  I put my VOTC in a regular figure case since I could not stand those cheap ass cases that were included so this would work out perfect for myself.