Author Topic: George Lucas in Stormtrooper Disguise.  (Read 104986 times)

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
Re: George Lucas in Stormtrooper Disguise.
« Reply #30 on: February 16, 2006, 10:42 AM »
Anyone heard anything more about how Lucastrooper will be shipped?  I just got this ugly, ugly info from a BBTS e-mail regarding the vTSC Pre-Order that they have on their site:

...and the Lucas Mail-Away should not be missed, it will also be packed in the vintage style packaging.

WTF?  I guess I was assuming he'd be in a white mailer box, but this makes it sounds like he'll be carded and clamshelled!

If this is true and he does come carded, then that means I will need TWO of these Lucastroopers - one loose and one packaged.

And then I have to ask if can we trust Hasbro to send us minty-mint carded versions?  I hate hate hate the idea of having to send away for multiples of this guy to ensure that I get a minty-mint carded sample in the mail.   :(

Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 16, 2006, 06:44 PM »
Yikes.  The only possible good that would come of the Georgetrooper (I like that name more  :P) being carded and clamshelled is that the clamshell will hopefully protect the card, allowing it arrive in decent shape.  If it was just carded, I highly doubt they would have the brainpower to ship in securely enough to arrive in mint shape.  ::)

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 16, 2006, 08:32 PM »
Okay, don't everyone throw stones at me because I'm about to say something bold....

Sometimes I really hate Hasbro's logic and often I criticize them but today I had a thought about being optimistic about it. I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that I've noticed Hasbro doing alot of out-of-character, different, un-hasbroesque type of promotions and trying new things...thought about it and came to the thought that they're doing the right thing right now with the SW line. The movies are gone and not much to keep interest sparked but this promotional stuff is a trying step towards keeping the line alive at this point and I'm thankful for it. This is a good attitude towards the line they're showing and...yeah they're making mistakes and not perfect decisions but I like they're attitude towards things. I'm going to do my part in trying to buy as much stuff as I can to keep the line afloat so I can CONTINUE to see toys from them in the future...Including this silly bodied awesome head sculted GL fig. ;)
« Last Edit: February 16, 2006, 08:35 PM by Darth Slothus »

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 16, 2006, 08:48 PM »
What I find funny is that you can order a case of these figures from SWS.com but you still have to send in the proof of purchases to get you GL stormtrooper.

Let's see, didn't I just purchase a case from you guys? Why don't you just send me 2 GL's with my order and we'll call it a day?

::)

Great point. It'd make a lot of sense.

Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Darth Delicious

• Jedi Padawan
  • Kneel...kneel before Wobb!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 18, 2006, 11:57 PM »
Ha! The first thing that popped into my head with this younger version of the JorgTrooper was Lucas in Love!  :D

That was an amusing fan film, but after viewing Anakin and Padme's relationship in the prequels, I think we can categorically say George Lucas has NEVER been in love.  ;D

I am seriously underwhelmed by this figure. Why the hell do I want a figure of George Lucas?

Can the Rick McCallum the Hutt figure be far behind? Then we could have a George Lucas as Bib Fortuna figure to go with it...they have the same chin cushion.  :-X

-DD
« Last Edit: February 18, 2006, 11:59 PM by Darth Delicious »
Back from the dead!!!

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 10, 2006, 12:30 AM »
So this is how it works:

What to do from EE

George Lucas mail-in offer details: In each Luke Skywalker (X-wing Pilot) figure is an order form. Each other figure includes a tab you must affix to the order form. Collect all the tabs from each figure along with a check or money order for $4.95 to:
Vintage Figure Redemption Request
PO Box 10790
Bozeman, MT 59719-0790

Offers must be postmarked by November 30, 2006. Figures will arrive between June 30, 2006 and December 31, 2006. Rules subject to change. Please consult the form(s) inside your action figures upon receipt for additional details.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2006, 01:59 AM by JesseVader08 »

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 10, 2006, 02:30 AM »
Hmm.  I was hoping for no shipping but kind of expecting it.  Seems a little steep for a new head on an existing body which doesn't appear to be the VOTC sculpt.  Figure may change, I guess, but we'll see.

$44.95 minimum for the head cheese....

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #37 on: March 10, 2006, 04:38 AM »
The extra five bucks is a little much, considering the cash you're already laying down on this thing.  I guess I'll pass, because I don't plan to get Greedo.  If a mountain of cash lands on me, sure, but until then...

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #38 on: March 10, 2006, 06:10 AM »
Hmm.  I was hoping for no shipping but kind of expecting it.  Seems a little steep for a new head on an existing body which doesn't appear to be the VOTC sculpt.  Figure may change, I guess, but we'll see.

$44.95 minimum for the head cheese...

You and I were on the same wavelength with this one E...

I was sitting there reading the story and just pondering the $4.95 even...  I'm going to be ordering up two, but even if I got enough crap for 3 of them I'd pass on the 3rd or give the paperwork to someone else who wanted it.  It's a bit dull and the sculpt is sad I think (I am assuming it doesn't change).  I'll get it, but I think Hasbro could market repainted astromechs and protocol droids, and people would be happier and more enthusiastic.

A Gonk Droid with the vintage paintjob?  Hell I'd try for as many as I could get actually...  And that woudln't be costing Hasbro a penney over the basic manufacturing costs.  The mold exists, a paintjob change costs no more than a normal paintjob...  It's profit for them if they still tack the $5 shipping charge on, plus it drives sales of other crap... 

Plus it wouldn't be a craptacular Lucas figure nobody REALLY was asking to get.  Droids, people actually want though, and not allt he paintjobs are necessarilly good candidates for regular release into the line.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 10, 2006, 06:42 AM »
Yeah, the $5 thing blows it for me.  I got burned when they did not send me my Early Bird figures (yes I was anal about getting everything correct to send it) and it never showed.   Now they want me to buy all the $12 VOTC figures PLUS $5 more bucks for Lucas' head on a Commtech (should have been VOTC) Stormtrooper body?  Nope, not going to bite on that. 

I know I sound pissy but it should be a free figure in the mail for us.  Sorry.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 10, 2006, 09:19 AM »
I agree. We're already over paying for the figures, you would figure they could give us something for all the money we spend.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Dan

• Jedi Knight
  • Got some
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 10, 2006, 11:06 AM »
I have to agree with the posts above me. Not only do you have to buy 1 of each VTSC, you have to open them, you have to pay more per figure than a regular figure, and then you get to pay 4.95 at the end? That is a lot of hoops to jump through, even if they have spent 10 years training us like circus animals. I think mail aways are one of the greatest things you can do to a collectible line. I loved them as a kid, and I love the concept as an adult collector. This is more about pushing product then rewarding loyal customers.
I like 3 of the VTSC figures, but I wanted to get multiples to get my 5 POP, not get told I have to get Greedo too. To me, that makes Greedo a $17.00 piece of crap I have to buy to get a questionable quality Georgetrooper. Not exactly feeling rewarded right now...  ::)
« Last Edit: March 10, 2006, 11:07 AM by Bob Dylan SW fan »

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 10, 2006, 11:15 AM »
questionable quality Georgetrooper.

Exactly.  From what we've seen, it's turning out to be a big piece of ****. 

Commtech stormie body and POTF2 helmet.

They need to use the VOTC stormtrooper body with a newly tooled helmet. 

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #43 on: March 10, 2006, 11:23 AM »
$4.95 for shipping?   ::)

I mean, of course I'm going to pay it because I "need" that figure (insert lame OCD joke here), but ugh.

Still waiting for an answer on whether he is going to be white-mailer boxed OR carded/clamshelled.  That will determine if I can get by with just one of if I'll need 2...  :-\

Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 10, 2006, 11:30 AM »
Bah, I'm going to send away for one anyway, why bother complaining about another $5 down the drain? All it does is keep me from buying more basic figures.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks