Author Topic: George Lucas in Stormtrooper Disguise.  (Read 105210 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: George Lucas in Stormtrooper Disguise.
« Reply #240 on: August 11, 2006, 10:20 PM »
I think I Am Sith mentioned emailing Hasbro about it today Rob but didn't mention a reply yet...

Hopefully they just let you mail them in on a piece of paper...  That'd be dandy.

As far as the CT figure goes the sculpt is decent and holds up even in today's age.  I'm ok with that...  They're good for filler that way.  Their articulation is not swift though.  Wrists are all the figure needs to be passable so I'm working on something for all mine...  The rest though is just tough noogies I guess.  He harkens back to a time Hasbro was sorta trying, but still doing little goofy **** like bent ankles and things to mess the figure up...  NOt that this time in question has passed completely *cough*Cmdr. Cody*cough* but at the time it was more common.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: August 11, 2006, 10:58 PM »
I've got extra stickers from Biker Scouts and Tusken Raiders and I'd be happy to help you out Brent - but I don't have any entry forms because I didn't buy extra Lukes... are they letting us print these out from anywhere???

Can we send in photocopied entry forms?

I can probably spring for another Luke if need be to get the form.  I can always put him in one of the X-wings.  But I'll wait on word for the order form criteria/requirements for now.  Thanks for the help. :)
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: August 12, 2006, 12:12 PM »
Figures Hasbro would relax the rules, especially after I picked up additional Han's and Greedo's just so I could order another two Lucastroopers. Good thing they were on clearance.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
  • 1/6 the Sith I used to be...
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: August 14, 2006, 09:16 AM »
I think I Am Sith mentioned emailing Hasbro about it today Rob but didn't mention a reply yet...

Monday morning and still nothing back from Hasbro.  I'll make sure I post right away if I hear anything.

BTW, did any of you hear that WM has started their clearance for the VTSC figures?  I read $3 in some areas.
The 60mm Sith Lord - All the hate and anger you've come to expect, now in a new conveniently sized package!

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: August 16, 2006, 05:10 AM »
I haven't heard anything back from them either. My local WM had VTSC figures for 4.25
I remember my dream now.

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: August 16, 2006, 06:36 PM »
I received a response from Hasbro. Instead of sending me a replacement sticker and order form they want me to send the packaging and the figure back to them and they'll ship me out a replacement. Supposedly they are shipping out a prepaid box of some sort to send the figure in.

I wonder if it would of been cheaper for them jst to send the sticker and piece of paper than go through all that.  ???
I remember my dream now.

Offline Gatillo

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama! So what?!?
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I work on Antarctic bugs!!!
« Reply #246 on: August 17, 2006, 09:17 AM »
I hope that goes well.

A few years back Hasbro told me to send an ATT in for a replacement b/c the box came with two right hand sides of the tank; basically the part of the tank that fire rockets and has wheels which is connected once opened.  I could not assemble it so they send me a replacement.

The replacement was Jabba w/Han beast pack and monkey leia.  I have always wondered if there are dozens of tank like this out there but nobody knows b/c they kept them in the box. :-\
You are never alone when there's a clone.

"Feel don't think"...and she slapped me right after I said it too.

Offline Madcow

• Jedi Padawan
  • Isn't the Wokling cute? LOOK AT IT! LOOK AT IT!
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: August 17, 2006, 09:48 AM »
Still no word on whether you need the ACTUAL order form for redemption???

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #248 on: August 17, 2006, 11:26 AM »
Straight from Hasbro:

"As previously announced, we are accepting the five stickers from ANY mix of the five eligible figures. We are also providing you with an online redemption certificate that can be downloaded here. The online certificate will also be honored in place of the official redemption certificate."

So, there you go.   :)

Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
  • 1/6 the Sith I used to be...
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: August 17, 2006, 11:33 AM »
Thanks Jeff for creating that link.  Hasbro responded to my e-mail about 5 minutes ago, but attached a .pdf version of that document and I had no idea how to get it into this response.  You definitely saved me the trouble!
The 60mm Sith Lord - All the hate and anger you've come to expect, now in a new conveniently sized package!

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: August 17, 2006, 11:53 AM »
Straight from Hasbro:

"As previously announced, we are accepting the five stickers from ANY mix of the five eligible figures. We are also providing you with an online redemption certificate that can be downloaded here. The online certificate will also be honored in place of the official redemption certificate."

So, there you go.   :)

Translation:

Please send us five bucks because we are stuck with a lot of this crap.  Send us anything.  Send us stickers.  Matching stickers.  Different stickers.  The order form.  No order form.  We really don't give a **** at this point.  Just send us five bucks.  It doesn't even have to be money.  Just something worth five bucks will do.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: August 17, 2006, 12:08 PM »
Will they accept bits of string?

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: August 17, 2006, 12:10 PM »
Will they accept bits of string?

If you can gather up five bucks worth, yes.  The official announcement is undoubtedly coming.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #253 on: August 17, 2006, 12:48 PM »
Maybe I'll send in a box of Jedi Master Points
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: August 17, 2006, 12:51 PM »
That's funny. You should and see what they do.
I remember my dream now.