Author Topic: Straxus Customs 6-8-08 Cobra Sand Viper Re-envisioned  (Read 33855 times)

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
Re: Straxus Customs 9-30-07 Gand Mandalorian and Gand Crimelord
« Reply #60 on: October 2, 2007, 12:11 PM »
I've commented on your latest figs over at RS, but this is the first time I've seen your helmet sculpts and I have to say that they are simply stunning. Kudos.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Straxus

• Jedi Initiate
  • Flaming Human Torso Productions
    • View Profile
    • My MYSPACE page
Re: Straxus Customs 9-30-07 Gand Mandalorian and Gand Crimelord
« Reply #61 on: October 3, 2007, 02:34 AM »
I dont use the thumbnail option that often. I think I will just go to standard pics from now on.
I am so so sorry for any pop ups and stuff anyone got. I want you all to know I dont know how this is happening and I will kill the current links and change them to standard pics.

Thanks Darth_Anton!
« Last Edit: October 3, 2007, 08:18 AM by Straxus »
...carbon stars with ancient satellites colonized by sentient fungi. Gas giants inhabited by vast meteorological intelligences. Worlds stretched thin across the membranes where dimensions intersect...

Offline Straxus

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • My MYSPACE page
Re: Straxus Customs 11-16-07 Mandalorian: Pink the Fabulous!
« Reply #62 on: November 16, 2007, 09:30 AM »
Introducing possibly the most terrifying Mandalorian ever!!!

PINK THE FABULOUS!!!

So titled the "Fabulous" due to the unholy redecorating this Mandalorian warlord unleashes upon conqured worlds!!!

After trying three different cameras I realized that the true brilliance of the pink of this figure could not be captured, only emulated with the help of paint shop pro. To truly comprehend how pink this figure is in person, image the sun as the color pink and stare into it until you are blind!!! (I have been seeing pink for the last two days everytime I close my eyes after painting. No joke!)

...carbon stars with ancient satellites colonized by sentient fungi. Gas giants inhabited by vast meteorological intelligences. Worlds stretched thin across the membranes where dimensions intersect...

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
Re: Straxus Customs 11-16-07 Mandalorian: Pink the Fabulous!!!
« Reply #63 on: November 16, 2007, 12:31 PM »
Now I'm scared. You don't see alot of pink in the Star Wars universe. He needs a feather boa to accent the color scheme. I think this color scheme would look interesting on the EE female Mandalorians whenever they come out.

When the heck is someone around here going to make Pink Five?!!
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 19, 2007, 12:39 PM »
 :'( My eyes they burn with PINK!!!!  This actaully looks really great Straxus, and would look better with R2-KT droid next to him/her/whichever.
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge

Offline patreektherodian

• Jedi Initiate
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 19, 2007, 02:25 PM »
I believe Aerosmith has a song called Pink. This would be a good theme song for your Bunty Hunter.

Offline Straxus

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • My MYSPACE page
Re: Straxus Customs 12-12-07: 212th Combat Medic
« Reply #66 on: December 12, 2007, 11:00 AM »
Well dont have access to the digital camera I was borrowing so I am back to the creative webcam...  :P

This is my 212th Combat Medic

Sorry about the crappy pics. Its the best I can do, my webcam takes better pics than my digital camera...

Parts:
Body - Saga Legends Biker Scout
Lower Arms - Clone Trooper
Lower Legs - Concept McFett
Paldron (or whatever its called) - Galactic Marine
Pouches - 21C figure accessories
Saw - Mediviper
Head - Heavily Modified AlyoshaSurgeon
Helmet -  Strax-Helm 02
Paint used - Citadel/Games Workshop

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: December 12, 2007, 12:20 PM »
Now that is cool! I love the color scheme and the head. I wonder if there are any more of those Strax-Helm 02 left at G2G. You've outdone yourself with this one.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: December 12, 2007, 12:32 PM »
Wow that awesome Straxus, as if the fig itself isn't bada$$ it takes the cake with your custom helmet.  The only thing I'd add is maybe a holster for a blaster pistol, though I'm sure he spend most of his time saving his fellow brothers I can't imagine going into a battlefield unarmed or carrying something as big as a carbine.
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge

Offline Straxus

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • My MYSPACE page
« Reply #69 on: December 12, 2007, 10:48 PM »
I have a holster I cut off a stormtrooper a while back, I might add that (with a few mods) to carry a pistol.
Master_Phruby, gtg does casting by request now, so it will be available! (if the link disappears it means they are making a new mold of the origional sculpt cause the old mold gave out.)

Offline Straxus

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • My MYSPACE page
« Reply #70 on: December 13, 2007, 08:40 AM »
Since I was asked on another forum about the paint colors I used to make the 212th "Utapau" trooper color, here goes:

I painted the first layer of orange with games workshop "Blazing Orange" first, then final layer with "Fiery Orange". The pouldron was just painted with "Fiery Orange" alone to give it a slightly brighter look and not blend too much with the armor. (Wanted it to still look like the pouldron was over armor not part of it.)

Here are some closeups of the face.

Offline Straxus

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • My MYSPACE page
« Reply #71 on: February 13, 2008, 11:58 PM »
Just got the pics sent to me this evening! My girlfriend's mother's boyfriend is big into photo stuff and took these pics for me!
IG-42 "Cleaner" Droid

41st Elite Combat Medic

212th (Utapau) Combat Medic

Pink the Fabulous

41st Elite Airborne Trooper

Shaak Ti "The Force Unleashed"

Here is a new helmet I have been working on.
Imperial Airborne Trooper Helmet Sculpt
(with Republic Airborne Trooper for comparison.)

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
Re: Straxus Customs 2-13-08 High Quality Pics and new helmet
« Reply #72 on: February 14, 2008, 05:48 AM »

Whooo.  I love me some of that 41st Elite medic, Utapau as well.  Breathtaking!

I'll be right back.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Brisk Arper

• Jedi Initiate
  • ITS A TWAP!!!!
    • View Profile
    • mandalorian mercs
« Reply #73 on: February 17, 2008, 10:14 AM »
anyone else get as scared as i am right now?......wierd comment LOL

seriously thoguth dude those are some VERY sweet customs the imperial airborne is a great idea...may take a look at that idea myself! well done!
in the words of a famous admiral......

ITS A TWAP!!!

Offline Straxus

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • My MYSPACE page
« Reply #74 on: February 25, 2008, 11:42 PM »
...and some more!
The Abomination of Raxus Prime
(My entry for this months Yakfinities Cross Breeds contest)
Just prior to the Clone Wars, Count Dooku, experimented with his new sith talents taught to him by Palpatine. He collected specimens for a dark hybrid program. After a number of experiments, one succeeded. The Abomination was a created by the merging of Gand, Quarren, Aqualish, Tweilek and Geonosian physiology. The creature at first was very primal. As it turned out, due to some odd chance the creature developed a way of absorbing knowledge and memories from victims it consumed. By the time of the Clone Wars it had developed a suprisingly impressive intellect and shown force sensitivity. Keeping to the code of the Bane, the creature was not taught in the ways of the Sith and its secrets, but however given a twisted and limited knowledge of jedi techniques. The Abomination was locked away in stasis hidden somewhere on Raxus Prime. It was to be released if anything ever happened to Dooku. When word eventualy made it back to CIS agents still on Raxus Prime the creature was unleashed. It slayed and consumed most the organic CIS agents and destroyed the Droids. Upon the deactivation of the droid armies, The Abomination went about reactivating a number of them to serve him and with the resources of a world of junk, built his own double bladed light saber.
Many beleive the creature to just be a legend. The sentients of Raxus Prime know better...

Ahntek the Gand Mandalorian
This was my entry for the Sith Empire.net Mandalorian Contest

Xhan the Golden
This was my entry for the Yakfinities Crime Bosses Contest
I forgot a couple accessories when I grabbed him for taking over to get pictures taken. So minus the Spice inhaler and coat.

SOK-118
This droid was being worked on as an additional entry in the Yakfinities Force Unleashed but didnt make it in time. It was a security droid on Raxus Prime. I tried to show the damage, rust and weathering it suffered in the toxic environment.
The head is a custom sculpt and the torso is modified.
Base figure was a 4-LOM

Styshia Rathus
A character I plan on making a few variations of in the future.
Cover story is former Imperial Officer who resigned and formed a mercenary group. In truth was recruited by the ISB (Imperial Security Bureau)
Still working on this figure

This is Styshia's droid a heavily modified RA and CZ hybrid.
RAZ-1X

Battle Droid Warlord (name yet to be determined)
...and Raxus Prime Junk Golem Steed
This droid was rebuilt by The Abomination on Raxus Prime. It serves as one of his main warlords.
Still working on the droid. The backpack is from a Armored Core kit, the flame is from a Marvel Legends Figure and the Robotic Bird thing is a Techno-Spawn figure that I found at a toy store on clearance. I figured it would serve as a good steed in the toxic junk wastelands.

the photographer did a good job editing my hand out of the pic!