Author Topic: Hello from Straxus  (Read 2897 times)

Offline Straxus

• Jedi Initiate
  • Flaming Human Torso Productions
    • View Profile
    • My MYSPACE page
Hello from Straxus
« on: July 30, 2006, 06:10 AM »
Just wanted to stop in and say hello and introduce myself!
I have made a few posts here, but will be far more active in future. I got started with the whole customs thing over at The Jawa, but now I am also becoming more active on other forums as well.
I have been 3d modeling for last six (or more) years, and for a number of reasons (mainly that I was sick of being completely reliant on a computer being fully functional at all times to keep pursuing my hobby.)
Since I started customizing in May of this year, I am managed to learned to paint figures, sculpt, mold and cast, and now I am practicing vehicle and diarama creation methods... Its been a massive crash course in learning these last few months, but very rewarding! Thanks to all those who have helped me learn all this stuff!
...carbon stars with ancient satellites colonized by sentient fungi. Gas giants inhabited by vast meteorological intelligences. Worlds stretched thin across the membranes where dimensions intersect...

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: Hello from Straxus
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2006, 07:48 PM »
Hey Straxus, welcome to JD!  Hope you enjoy your stay.  We've got a great customizing community here, for sure, so I'm sure you'll dig chatting with them and showing off your wares.  Don't forget to pop out and chat with us untalented non-customizers from time to time too though!  ;)  Holler if you need anything...

- Matt

Offline Straxus

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • My MYSPACE page
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2006, 08:14 PM »
Thank you! So far, the customs section at these forums are the most active that I have come across.
I will definitely chat outside the customs area as well.
...carbon stars with ancient satellites colonized by sentient fungi. Gas giants inhabited by vast meteorological intelligences. Worlds stretched thin across the membranes where dimensions intersect...

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #3 on: August 1, 2006, 03:19 AM »
Welcome aboard Straxxus, that's really interesting about the 3-D modeling...  That was something I've had interest in, and was wanting to get into for a profession in my younger days but I was steered elsewhere...  I still sort of regret that.  I had big dreams for that at one time.

Great to have you aboard...  Hope you enjoy the site and if you've got any questions or anything just hit any of the staff up and ask them.

have fun, and welcome to JediDefender.com man.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Straxus

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • My MYSPACE page
« Reply #4 on: August 2, 2006, 03:39 PM »
Thanks!
I really enjoy it here!

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 2, 2006, 04:33 PM »
Welcome to Jedidefender. Nice to meet you Straxus! I'm the DS and I know nothing........but it's a fun site to visit isn't it!!? Have fun navigating the forums!

The DS

Offline Straxus

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • My MYSPACE page
« Reply #6 on: August 3, 2006, 03:22 PM »
Good to meet you!
Definitely! (Right now this site is one of the top two I check everyday!)