Author Topic: johnboy walton's customs updated 9/3/06 with Improved VSTC Greedos pg 9  (Read 38203 times)

Offline johnboy walton

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
Here's a couple of improvements I made a little bit back.

I used the great base of the VSTC Greedo - though I've always been a little disappointed in the effort put forth on the eyes of the figures - -- they just don't look very lively.

So anyway, I took some very small rhinestones from a local Michael's craft store, then hollowed out the eye sockets, along with some added space for the rhinestones, and carefully cut the circles to a smaller dimension to fit them in.  I added a small bit of aluminum tape backing, but the head works just as it did before - only with the look of the reflective eyes that the Rodians have in the movies.

Hope you like them.

« Last Edit: September 3, 2006, 09:43 PM by johnboy walton »

Offline roron corobb

• Jedi Padawan
  • May the Force be with You
    • View Profile
Re: johnboy walton's customs updated 9/3/06 with Improved VSTC Greedos pg 9
« Reply #121 on: September 3, 2006, 09:15 PM »
Great tip. I might have to try that myself. Did you put them in from the inside?
roron corobb
I'm one of the most well-regarded Ithorian Jedi Masters, having trained as Yarael Poof's Padawan. Roron Corobb
my feedback link

Offline Roton7

• Jedi Padawan
  • Roton, King of the Ozone
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: September 3, 2006, 09:25 PM »
Woah...at first I thought your idea was kinda lame, but looking at the pics, it actually looks cool! It really does make Greedo look more "life-like". :)
Yo is what yo is.

Offline johnboy walton

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: September 3, 2006, 09:40 PM »
Corobb - I forgot to mention that, yes I did put them in from the inside, so that they didn't looked "tacked on."

Roton - I'll post a pic of the movie Greedo  --  - I think that it gives a bit of the look of the eyes in the movie.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: September 6, 2006, 10:30 AM »
Subtle, but totally genus.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."