Author Topic: "Other" Kubricks and Minimates (Non SW)  (Read 218251 times)

Offline Padawan

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Re: Kubricks and Minimates
« Reply #240 on: April 11, 2004, 12:56 PM »
Does anyone here have any Mez-Itz? I'm bidding on my first ones, two sets of classic Monster Mez-Its (Wolfman, Frankenstein, Dracula, Mummy). They also have Dick Tracy, Hellboy, Alien and tons more. Check out mezcotoyz.com

I have the Cinema of Fear set, Army of Darkness set, the stealth and regular Predator set, both Alien sets, all three Hellboy sets, and I used to have the Monster and Austin Powers sets.  I got rid of the Monster set, because I got the Universal Monster Kubrick's.  I like them all though, Mez-Itz are my second favorite mini-figure next to Kubrick's.  
« Last Edit: April 11, 2004, 12:57 PM by Padawan »

Offline BigDumbWookiee

• Jedi Apprentice
  • It comes in pints?! I'm getting one.
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: April 11, 2004, 02:22 PM »
Got pictures? I'd like to see the Cinema of Fear, Alien and Predator sets.
"Of all the things to worry about, the wookiee has no pants..."

Offline Padawan

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: April 11, 2004, 06:07 PM »
Got pictures? I'd like to see the Cinema of Fear, Alien and Predator sets.

These are all past picture's.  I would take some better ones for you, but my camera is out of juice.  

Offline BigDumbWookiee

• Jedi Apprentice
  • It comes in pints?! I'm getting one.
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: April 11, 2004, 09:32 PM »
Cool stuff man! So the Cinema of Fear set is the set of Freddy/Jason/Leatherface? Any other CoF sets coming?
« Last Edit: April 11, 2004, 09:32 PM by BigDumbWookiee »
"Of all the things to worry about, the wookiee has no pants..."

Offline Padawan

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: April 12, 2004, 09:16 AM »
Cool stuff man! So the Cinema of Fear set is the set of Freddy/Jason/Leatherface? Any other CoF sets coming?

Not sure, but I don't believe so.  

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #245 on: April 12, 2004, 09:39 AM »
THinking about jumping into this deeper and picking up sets of the Disney Kubricks...trying to find out what the chases were though...anyone know where there is a good checklist/release list???  Series 6 just came out, Maximillian is too cool to pass up, I also still need to get B.O.B.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: April 12, 2004, 10:13 AM »
Well, if you end up with spare Princesses (sp?), you have a place to dump them.  I'm sure my daughter would be thrilled with them.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: April 12, 2004, 10:16 AM »
Well, I took my first jump into "mini-fig" land this weekend.  We were shopping, and there was nothing new on the Star Wars pegs, so picked up a mini-mate set at TRU for around $8.  I bought the four-pack with Spider-Man, Venom, Green Goblin, and Damaged Spider-Man.  I should have never done this, because now I want to get more of these little guys.  They are very cool little figures, nicely articulated, and they score big points with me because they don't take up too much display space.  Plus, even though they could be cheaper, I don't mind paying around $2 a figure.  They had a couple of different types of packaged sets there...ones with plastic windows, and oens with solid boxes, with pictures on the front.  Are the solid boxed ones the newer releases (or how they release them now?).  The one I got was a solid box (they didn't have any Spidey ones in plastic window form, mainly just Daredevil sets.  Anyways, I hope this hasn't started another addiction, but I already want to go pick up an X-Men set next time we're there :).

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: April 12, 2004, 11:28 AM »
Put a fork in him.  He's done :D

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #249 on: April 12, 2004, 11:52 AM »
Brian...you may want to check this set out too...an AFX exclusive

http://www.shopafx.com/marmingianxm.html

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: April 12, 2004, 12:05 PM »
Thanks for the link Scott....I've always thought that Giant Sized X-Men set looked pretty spiffy.  Once again, looks like I'm getting in late, so I'll have some catching up to do.  Not sure about chase figures, etc., if they are wicked expensive I'm not sure if I'll be going that route or not.  I was going to ask you guys too, is TRU going to continue to sell these?  The one nearest us had the "four packs" like the one I picked up, but I'm obviously still missing some from the Spider-Man set thus far (Peter Parker/Spider-Man and Carnage, as well as the Black Chase Spidey).  They also had packs of X-Men, Daredevil, and possibly Hulk if I remember right.  I didn't have a lot of time to look through them, we were kind of in a hurry, so I grabbed the Spidey set I wanted for now.  Anyways, I was just wondering if TRU (or other retail outlets) were going to continue carrying these...because I don't know if I'd have a lot of luck keeping up otherwise.  Thanks again for everything guys.....should have never started, I could see minifigs becoming quite addicting, with (in some cases) lower prices, and easier to display since their small.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: April 12, 2004, 01:04 PM »
The difficulty of the chase figures is what kept me out of this line.  Not that they seem overly expensive, though relative to Kubrick's they are a bargain.  We just never received any up here in Canada.  One day last fall/winter I drove down to Grand Forks and managed to both find and pass on black spiderman and the chase Elektra sitting on the shelf at a store that was closing in the Columbia mall.  So really, they should be relatively cheap.  

I'm trying desperately now to stay away from Marvel stuff.  I just found a Spiderman cold cast statue I've had for over 15 years.  Might have  to sell that off if it can generate any cash on ebay.  

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: April 12, 2004, 01:30 PM »
Yeah, I'm never a big fan of chase figures either Morgbug...but I don't know if I'd be completist with this line or not anyways.....watch me say that now  ::)  I could see me wanting a black costume Spidey down the road somewhere, but I don't think I'd want to fork out big money for it when it isn't all that different from Venom.  For now I think I'll stick with the Spidey ones, then maybe move on to X-Men and go from there.  I should have never started  ;).  Are you planning on giving up/staying away from Marvel stuff all together, or just minimates or other specific lines?  Hate to see a fellow Marvel collector give up the game...but you have to do what feels right, or what has precedence in your collection.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: April 12, 2004, 02:21 PM »
Staying away from minimates for now.  The Legends stuff I'll continue to pick up but it eats up an awful lot of space in no time flat.  I talk like I'll give them up, but seriously doubt it would ever happen.  

This toy addiction is a constant battle.   :-\

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #254 on: April 13, 2004, 02:45 PM »
Damn. I just picked up the Spidey 4-pack of Minimates today. Now I want Carnage and Rhino.

Stupid addicting articulated plastic. I swear, toy companies must put an opiate in the plastic that we breathe in as soon as the package is opened.

But anyway, these are neat, and where can one find that awesome X-Men boxed set with the repro of Giant-Size X-Men cover on the front?
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk