Author Topic: "Other" Kubricks and Minimates (Non SW)  (Read 218544 times)

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
Re: Kubricks and Minimates
« Reply #375 on: June 29, 2004, 01:11 PM »
do these numbers mean anything?

I think I may have won the lottery, whats the bonus number?  :D

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #376 on: June 29, 2004, 01:16 PM »

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: June 29, 2004, 01:23 PM »
I think the lottery is fixed!  :P

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: June 29, 2004, 02:12 PM »
Beth

I actually have the receipt in my pocket...do these numbers mean anything?

Yes, they do!!  I called Green Bay and gave the girl the numbers and she said they are currently all out but since the UPC is still active she expects more in.  
Thanks for the codes!!!  Hopefully this will help out others so you could call ahead in case the TRU isn't close.

Beth

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #379 on: June 30, 2004, 12:19 PM »

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: July 6, 2004, 10:54 AM »
I'm not sure if anyone is interested, but Amazon.com has a few Marvel Minimates sets up for sale now, with free shipping.  They have:

Capt. America/Absorbing Man/Maskless Spidey/Doc Ock

Carnage/Spider-Man/Thing/Doctor Doom

Grab Line Spider-Man/BD Daredevil/Civilian Logan/Juggernaut

Most of you probably already have these, but I ordered a couple of sets...and figured with free shipping it might not be too bad of a deal.  Here's the LINKY

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #381 on: July 6, 2004, 11:22 AM »
Dangnabbit...I need some of those and my order I placed from Killertoys a long, long time ago still hasn't shipped.  Which reminds me I should email them again and chew them out.  I ordered the two variant packs, they said they were in stock.  And then two days later I got an email saying they weren't in stock >:(  And so the rest of my order has never shipped

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: July 6, 2004, 11:51 AM »
That stinks Scott, hopefully you can get something worked out.  I hope that these continue to be available online via Amazon, Tower Records, etc., because with these two sets on the way, I'd really like to continue to collect these...at least as much as possible...and the TRU nearest us doesn't seem to carry them (at least I can't find them).

A quick question...what has all been released now, is it just up to Series 4 and 5, waiting on 6, 7, etc.?  Just curious what was all out now, and how much I need to catch up on.  I don't think I'll go all "completist" on this line, since I'm a bit behind and exclusives are tough, but it is awfully tempting.  There's just so wee....don't take up much room at all :P.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #383 on: July 6, 2004, 11:53 AM »
I think it is through Series 5...MisterPL has a handy dandy list over at the AA Boards...

Right Here

http://www.artasylum.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=14;t=000003

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: July 6, 2004, 12:00 PM »
Thanks Scott, I really appreciate it.  Those boards over there really help out, and MisterPL is the Minimates master...great list.  Thanks again.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #385 on: July 6, 2004, 12:03 PM »
Thanks Scott, I really appreciate it.  Those boards over there really help out, and MisterPL is the Minimates master...great list.  Thanks again.
That he is...now if he could only get them to start pumping out some Avengers (Thor, Vision, Hawkeye, Wasp, AntMan, Yellowjacket, Wonder Man, Beast (hey he's an X-Man too), Black Knight, Black Panther, Moon Knight etc etc etc etc)  

Every Marvel toy line is WAY too X-heavy in their approach

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: July 6, 2004, 01:12 PM »
That's a great point, there are a lot of Avengers that could be explored in this line.  Its true, most lines seem to be a little too X-heavy, and hopefully that is something they can get away from.  Marvel seems to have such a great "universe" of characters to explore, and hopefully they will be able to get to many more of them.  I do understand the need to have some of the "main" ones out there from time to time...Spidey in particular, which I don't mind too terribly as long as they don't get ridiculous....but I don't need a hundred different Logans/Wolvies either.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #387 on: July 6, 2004, 01:32 PM »
I guess I've always heard that's what retailers want...which at some point Toy Biz and AA have to say B.S...all you need to do is take a look at the X-Men Movie lines and Failed X-Men Classics too see that X-Men don't sell.  People want variety...and I think AA knows this but also wants to please retail too and they know Wolvie will sell :-\ (maybe as I pointed out above, not always)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: July 9, 2004, 02:33 PM »
Well, I'm very slowly building up my minimates collection.  My second set came today from Amazon (along with a VOTC Han!), and I have added Thing, Dr. Doom, Carnage, and another regular Spidey to the collection.  I already had the Spidey, but I don't mind having another.  These minifigures could sure get addictive, I can see why so many of you have several Kubricks, Minimates, etc.  I have another set on the way, so then I'll have 12.  Hopefully I can catch up a little bit :).

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: July 9, 2004, 02:47 PM »
Just another thing to stay away from  :P

Even now, Walmart has reduced the two packs down to $5.00 Cdn which is a pretty good price up here.  Darn near picked up the Daredevil and Kingpin two pack.  The Kingpin is priceless as a minimate.  But these have never sold well up here, so I'd be setting myself up for another round of importing toys.  We've been stuck with the first waves of these figures forever, with no chase showing in our cases so far, far too frustrating to begin on these.   :-\
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.