Author Topic: "Other" Kubricks and Minimates (Non SW)  (Read 217524 times)

Offline MisterPL

• Jedi Padawan
  • Sarcastic instigator at large.
    • View Profile
Re: Kubricks and Minimates
« Reply #195 on: February 27, 2004, 03:03 PM »
But you didn't pick them up?  Don't want to stray down that road, huh?   ;)

It's been hard enough to stay away from Palisades Muppets let alone Disney block figures. Had they been Minimates at that price, they'd be in my daughter's hands by now, especially at $3 a set. (And when she got tired of them, they'd be Daddy's custom fodder!  ;D)
Post sober.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #196 on: February 27, 2004, 03:07 PM »
Matt...I'm definitely thinking of ordering a case of Muppets Kubricks, I'm sure I'll have some spares :-*

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: February 29, 2004, 04:28 AM »
This new Konami UFO set is going to kill me!  :'(

Konami SF Gerry Anderson UFO New Secret Rare GAY ELLIS

This was only released at the Wonder Festival toy show in Japan.

Rare Konami SF Gerry Anderson UFO Ltd ed SHADO MOBILE 3

New Set w/Ellis:

Old Ellis:

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: March 3, 2004, 03:19 PM »
Those Muppet Kubricks do look great.  It was tough to avoid the regular figure line for me as well, but if these weren't too hard to find/pick up...they would be tempting.  When do these start to get released (if anyone knows)...and are there any further details on the line?  I could really see a person getting into being an all-out Kubrick/Minimate collector.  I know I'd like to be able to pick up the Star Wars, Lord of the Rings, Muppets, and Batman lines.

Also, I know this is a stupid question...but I'm not very knowledgable on the mini-figs.  Are all the Kubrick figures overseas only (with minimates being the U.S. ones).  I was just curious, as to the availability of the lines (like LOTR, Muppets).  I know that Star Wars is always overseas (or buying them from online retailers).  Thanks!

.......had to add this after actually going back and reading through the Kubricks/Minimates thread here.  I see that DC minimates are going to be available now too?  I was wondering when/if these would be coming out.  Other than the Star Wars kubricks, I'm really tempted by the Lord of the Rings, Batman/Justice League, and maybe the Muppets mini-figures.  I was curious what these cost, or how tough they are to collect?  I know the Kubricks tend to be kind of tough (at least from what I have read here).  Thanks...again :).
« Last Edit: March 3, 2004, 03:47 PM by mosnab »

Offline Padawan

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: March 4, 2004, 03:08 AM »
Those Muppet Kubricks do look great.  It was tough to avoid the regular figure line for me as well, but if these weren't too hard to find/pick up...they would be tempting.  When do these start to get released (if anyone knows)...and are there any further details on the line?  I could really see a person getting into being an all-out Kubrick/Minimate collector.  I know I'd like to be able to pick up the Star Wars, Lord of the Rings, Muppets, and Batman lines.

Also, I know this is a stupid question...but I'm not very knowledgable on the mini-figs.  Are all the Kubrick figures overseas only (with minimates being the U.S. ones).  I was just curious, as to the availability of the lines (like LOTR, Muppets).  I know that Star Wars is always overseas (or buying them from online retailers).  Thanks!

.......had to add this after actually going back and reading through the Kubricks/Minimates thread here.  I see that DC minimates are going to be available now too?  I was wondering when/if these would be coming out.  Other than the Star Wars kubricks, I'm really tempted by the Lord of the Rings, Batman/Justice League, and maybe the Muppets mini-figures.  I was curious what these cost, or how tough they are to collect?  I know the Kubricks tend to be kind of tough (at least from what I have read here).  Thanks...again :).

You should check out Kubrickworld.com to get a lot of good information about Kubrick's.  There are also a good number of U.S. dealer's of Kubrick's.  There is a links and resources page at Kubrickworld.com and there are links for U.S. and overseas Kubrick retailers.  Kubrick's vary tremendously in their price.  A basic set of the Muppet's will probably be around $5.00 per figure.  I am very biased in the miniature figure collecting realm, as Kubrick's are the priority of my entire collection.  Minimates have plenty of articulation, but the quality cannot compare to Kubrick's.  I was very upset when I found out that LOTR minimates were being made.  I was really hoping for Kubrick's of them.  I do collect a few Mez-Itz, but that is only because they are character's I really like.  I think the quality of Mez-Itz is mediocre.  Hope this is of some help to you.  Also I have some Star Wars series 2 and Marvel series 2 Kubrick's for sale for very good prices if you are interested.      
« Last Edit: March 4, 2004, 03:10 AM by Padawan »

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #200 on: March 4, 2004, 11:37 AM »
The DC Mini-mates will be sold with ships, cars etc, this was the only way they could get around certain licensing rights

There is a Batman Kubrick set which I've seen at places like Comic Shops as well as Suncoast...its similar to the ones that were released in Japan, 2 less figures

MUppets are out in June

Otherwise...to Padawan you'll listen

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: March 5, 2004, 10:10 AM »
LordoftheRingsGuide.com has posted a couple of new minimate images from Art Asylum....Gollum and Uruk-Hai Swordsman.  You can check them out here:

New LOTR Mini-mates

This line looks like it could be really cool.  I have always wanted to have a LOTR collection, and really like the Toy Biz figs...but maybe this would be a more "manageable" collection due to the size and my display space constraints :).  These are supposed to start showing up in April/May-ish right?  What figures have been confirmed for the first wave so far?

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #202 on: March 5, 2004, 11:16 AM »
mosnab...A guy I know threw together this list for DC

http://www.artasylum.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=19;t=000005

Maybe you could ask that guy if he knows the lineups for LOTR too...if only we knew where he posted :-\ ;)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: March 5, 2004, 11:47 AM »
 :D Thanks for the info and linky Scott.  I've been lurking around those AA forums since you posted that.  The more I look through pictures of the Star Wars Kubricks, the LOTR minimates, as well as the DC and Marvel stuff, the more tempting it is to start collecting these little guys.  I could see where "mini-fig" collecting could become quite addicting though  :-\.  It sure wouldn't take up as much space though, would it?  Thanks again.

Offline Padawan

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: March 7, 2004, 05:36 PM »
Here are some updated pics of my Kubrick collection.   ;D

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #205 on: March 7, 2004, 08:34 PM »
Wowza Padawan!  Kubrickia right there, really great collection!

I just opened up a couple of Kubricks today, Kelloggs Series 1 (got a secret Tony) and my Daredevil and X2 Wolverine.  I'm bidding on some Monsters, Inc sets right now and will probably get the Rocky Sets.  I still need those two Back to the Future box sets too, and the two chase Fetts :-\

I also popped open my X-Men Mini-Mate boxset, those are some nice figures...

Offline buffet1fan

• Youngling
  • son of a !!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: March 7, 2004, 08:39 PM »
Do they still have to rocky sets on the tower records website they were 12.99 each and if you bought over twenty dollars you got free shipping.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender

Offline Padawan

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: March 7, 2004, 08:44 PM »
Do they still have to rocky sets on the tower records website they were 12.99 each and if you bought over twenty dollars you got free shipping.

As OCB stated, they still have them.  That's where I got mine from.  They usually go for $10-15 a set on ebay, but since Tower has free shipping you really can't beat it.  

Offline buffet1fan

• Youngling
  • son of a !!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: March 7, 2004, 08:47 PM »
padawan have you seen any biffs from the back to the future set anywhere?  looks like the first box set of bttf is comeing down alittle, but the new set seems to keep getting higher.