Author Topic: Bonus Mini Hologram Figures  (Read 30073 times)

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: Bonus Mini Hologram Figures
« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2005, 09:52 AM »
All I want is a Grand Army of Rancor Keepers, Hoth Hans, and Nien Nunbs. GARKHHNN.

jk. :P

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #16 on: October 24, 2005, 05:06 PM »
Ahhh, the accursed Mini-Holograms.

I noticed that a guy has the Carkoon Wave up on eBay:

Way over-priced Saga 2006 Wave 1 on eBay- $70 for 4 figures =  ::)

Here is what he had to say about the figures he had (I changed the text to nuke the ALL CAPS stuff) -

Saga #1 Princess Leia (Boushh) with Luke Skywalker Mini-Hologram
Saga #2 Han Solo with Queen Amidala Mini-Hologram
Saga #4 Barada with Darth Maul Mini-Hologram
Saga #5 Chewbacca with Han Solo Mini-Hologram

So, I guess we know the identity of the first 4 Mini-Holograms...

I don't know about the rest of you but I am totally stoked about the Mini-Holo Maul with Barada!  One of my favorite scenes from Jedi is where Barada is speaking with the mini-holographic ghost of Darth Maul!  Or remember the time Han talked with Amidala via Mini-Hologram?  Awesome!  [/sarcasm] :-X
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #17 on: October 24, 2005, 05:08 PM »
Maybe Vader will come with Holo Jar Jar
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Nathan

• Jedi Knight
  • Destroying the hobby one EU figure at a time.
    • View Profile
    • The Clone Wars Unofficial Site (in carbonite)
« Reply #18 on: October 24, 2005, 05:28 PM »
WTF? Is that for real??

I'd love to have the mini-Maul, and the Queen Amidala wouldn't hurt either, but it sucks that I wasn't planning to buy either of those figures. Hmmm.
Twitter: @OKeefeNathan
Blog: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Fanboy (in carbonite since '09, back someday)

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 28, 2005, 12:43 PM »
I have heard reports now that these are being packed randomly. Anyone else hear this? Reactions?

I myself would be disappointed, but it would not get me to buy every conceivable combination.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 28, 2005, 12:46 PM »
I can't remember where I read that now, but I've heard the same thing.

I think it's a really poor idea on Hasbro's part.  So now I'll have to be careful which figure I buy to avoid getting doubles of the Holos.  Annoying is the best word I can come up with.  :-\

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #21 on: October 28, 2005, 12:51 PM »
The Pit of Carkoon wave is now in-stock at ToyRocket ($30 each!   ::)) and they have the following disclaimer on all the figures:

"and randomly packed, exclusive hologram micro figure. Collect them all, each sold seperately. COLLECTORS NOTE: Unfortunately, due to the random nature of the bonus micro figures, we will be unable to take requests for specific hologram insert figures."

So, there you go - more evidence that these are in fact randomly packed.   :-\
« Last Edit: October 28, 2005, 12:52 PM by Jeff »
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #22 on: October 28, 2005, 01:25 PM »
You just knew this **** was going to happen… I assume that there will now be "chase" ones or "store exclusive" ones to hunt down. >:(
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Nathan

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 28, 2005, 03:05 PM »
******* retarded. >:( ::)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #24 on: October 28, 2005, 07:24 PM »
Hmmm,

I agree it's a bit on the slow side of Hasbro...  This is me thinking for the well-being of completist carded guys...  I don't personally care about the random packing of these but I do feel for you who DO care. 

I will say that I like the idea of mini-holo figures.  I've supported that idea since, about 5 years ago a buddy of mine cast a mini Vader for me and other customizing buds and the figure is a must-have for with Veers.  Other mini-holo's are cool then in my book and could be useful to openers like myself.

How hard would it have been to just pack specific holos with specific figures though, and simply not doing a holo for some figures and repacking one of the other "main character" holos for with those odd background guys.  IE: pack Fett with a mini fett, but pack Barada with a mini fett as well, and pack Veers with a mini Vader, and Vader w/ mini Vader...  You get the idea.

Though, a mini holo Veers and Derlin wouldn't be bad IMO since I'd dig an Imp Officer mini holo for dioramas, and a Hoth Rebel mini holo like he's "reporting in" to the command center or some stuff.  Yeah I'm thinking too much.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 28, 2005, 07:37 PM »
We make fun of it now but those things will end being as collectible as the coins, freeze frames and commtech chips. 

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 29, 2005, 12:35 PM »
We make fun of it now but those things will end being as collectible as the coins, freeze frames and commtech chips. 

Yeah, but when you got a Luke Freeze frame figure, you got a Luke Freeze frame with it. This is just going to get more people into buying SW who could care less about the hobby, only re-sale to the morons who will have to have all 6 Leia Boushh holo varients. :P
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g

Offline Nathan

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 30, 2005, 12:34 AM »
From 'Scum:

Apparently, "Good Guy figures" will come with "good guy holos" and the same for "bad guys". They do appear to be very randomly packed. These particular figures came with Luke Skywalker (Jedi), Queen Amidala, Han Solo and Darth Maul. The good guy holos are on a base with the Rebel insignia and the bad guys have the Imperial insignia.

Unfortunately, there will probably be A LOT of theft with these. The tape is right beside the holo figure and all someone has to do is cut the very small piece of tape, peel back the corner and pop the holo out. No doubt there will be a lot of cards that are tampered with.

Lovely. Just frikkin lovely. ::) >:(

For what they are, I actually like the mini-holos, but so far the distribution and execution just blows.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 31, 2005, 09:22 AM »
After seeing them a little better in the pics, I don't mind the overall idea of the holos either.  A neat pack in, along the lines of freeze frames, coins, etc.  The random packing is going to be a real pain, especially for those who want to get all of them.  Plus, if there is a certain one you want...perhaps a favorite character(s)....there's going to be a lot more searching.  The idea is nice, but the execution might not be...as is often the case with Hasbro it seems.  We'll see though, these might be a neat little "add on" to collect.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 31, 2005, 09:44 AM »
What do you guys think about the sculpts. It looks to me, via the Maul, that some will have action poses. I actually would prefer more static neutral poses as they would be more movie accurate, even on characters who never showed up as Holos. But that's me.