Author Topic: Willrow Hood  (Read 398725 times)

Offline Fritzkrieg

• Jedi Padawan
  • Don't make me destroy you.
    • View Profile
Re: Please Vote Willrow Hood
« Reply #105 on: March 19, 2006, 09:26 AM »
The Empire has inavded your City and you only have Time to Grab one Precious Belonging before evacuating. Desicions, what do you take? Your precious Pet, Clothing, Money, a cherished Family airloom, or The Ice Cream Maker!
Fritzkrieg

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: March 19, 2006, 10:56 AM »
I finally made my choice, and I chose Darth Malak.  This was a tough poll, because I think there were a number of good choices.  Here's my methodology...

The Clones - Both of these Clones are bound to be made.  Hasbro has come to recognize just how much of a market there is for Clone Troopers, so I think that both Commander Neyo and the Galactic Marine are bound to be made by Hasbro within at least the next couple of years.

Luke Throne Room Duel - This figure has got to be in the pipeline.  There's been enough whining and complaining about it that it's bound to be made in a form that's similar to that of the VOTC line.  Just give it some time.

Ultimate Darth Maul - This figure's already been done in the Sith Lords Evolution set.

Kir Kanos - The rumors have been around since last year that this is going to be an Entertainment Earth exclusive.  Why waste the vote?

Quinlan Vos - Out of all of the EU figures, I think this one has the best likelihood of being made.

Clone Wars Padme - I think the Clone Wars animated line has some legs.  The demand for the WalMart 3-packs was pretty serious.  There are bound to be some more Clone Wars animated figures at some point, and I think Padme is bound to be part of that.

Padme in black leather - Uhhhh... why does this sound like a fanboy's disgusting little fantasy?  Just the seediness of this makes me turn away from it.

Dead Padme - Yeah, this is what we need.  An action figure of a CORPSE.  An action figure of a woman who died in childbirth.  How pleasant.   

The NJO characters - I hate to lump them all together, but I really have no connection with the NJO characters.  As such I can't invest the vote with these characters.

Kyle Katarn - We already have a Kyle Katarn.  Do we really need another?

Mara Jade Skywalker - Same deal as Kyle Katarn.  I'd rather have an all new figure than another version of a character that I don't read that much about.

Corran Horn - I seriously thought about voting for Horn.  I've heard the name over and over again, but the thing is, I haven't read a single thing featuring Corran Horn.  Haven't read about you, not voting for you.  Sorry dude.

Hermi Odle - This figure very nearly got my vote.  I think that a fan poll would put this figure over the top.  In fact, I think this one may win the poll, or at the very least get some serious consideration from Hasbro at some point in time.  I decided to invest my vote otherwise.

Yarna d'al Gargan - There have been a lot of calls for this figure over the years.  Why, I don't know.  This is quite possibly the ugliest character ever in the Star Wars universe.  And franky, I don't want to get that vomit taste in my mouth when I look at my Jabba's palace diorama.

Ice Cream Maker Guy - I know there's been a buzz about this guy from a number of collectors on a number of forums.  But you know what?  It's not even a choice for me.  It's kitschy and weird, but seriously, this is like having a Marvel Avengers or Fantastic Four toy line and having a Willie Lumpkin (the mailman) figure.  It's become an inside joke and just isn't that funny, just as most inside jokes aren't funny.

The KOTOR characters - This is where I decided to invest my vote.  I weighed the choices pretty well.  There's Darth Nihilus.  He's an incredibly cool looking character.  But he doesn't seem that important in the grand scheme of KOTOR II.  Darth Sion seems like a better choice, but he didn't even make the finals.  HK-47 is cool, but definitely an ancillary character.  Bastilla is cool, but not as important a character as the two Sith lords in this game.  Revan?  You ARE Revan if you've ever played KOTOR.  Thing is you just don't know it until late in the game, and the character isn't readily identifiable since there are a number of variables you can choose in building your player character.  The only option is to choose Revan as his Dark Lord persona with a mask.  You only get to see that in flashbacks.  With all of that in mind, I chose Darth Malak.  He seems like the most identifiable of the KOTOR characters.  Here's hoping that he wins.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #107 on: March 19, 2006, 03:38 PM »
Oh...

And I or anyone else didn't name good ole Willrow

That would be Decipher

He's already part of the EU...I hope we can make him a bigger one

Offline Ithorian Clergy

• Jedi Initiate
  • Straight up rocket scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: March 19, 2006, 03:42 PM »

He's already part of the EU...I hope we can make him a bigger one

Would an onscreen figure really be considered EU?  I mean, Boba Fett only had a few seconds more screentime than ICMG, so I don't think duration of screentime really matters.

Kyle Katarn, Scorch, McQuarrie Concepts...these I consider EU.
If you vote for me all of your wildest dreams will come true.  Thank you.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #109 on: March 19, 2006, 03:45 PM »
The name and occupation are as EU as Ponda Baba or Wuher are...I wasn't talking about his appearance in ESB ;)

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: March 19, 2006, 06:42 PM »
I'm using every email address I have to vote Hood. I'll even tell my non SW fans to vote Hood also!
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Darth Paul

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: March 19, 2006, 11:09 PM »
Chalk up another vote for ICMG....go Willrow!

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: March 19, 2006, 11:58 PM »
Looks like ICMG is doing pretty good by the support here.  That's nice to see.  I'm sure pick, Yarna will be beaten out by ICMG or some clone.

I really don't want to see a clone win in though. 

:P

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: March 20, 2006, 04:11 PM »
I don't know if anyone's made this analogy before but it just hit me that he looks like he's trying to get a first down.  Maybe someone could convert a McFarlane football figure into a Willrow Hood Unleashed figure.   ;D

:P

Offline Gatillo

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama! So what?!?
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I work on Antarctic bugs!!!
« Reply #114 on: March 20, 2006, 05:24 PM »
Well he is running away from danger and carrying something, hmmm ::)
You are never alone when there's a clone.

"Feel don't think"...and she slapped me right after I said it too.

Offline Nathan

• Jedi Knight
  • Destroying the hobby one EU figure at a time.
    • View Profile
    • The Clone Wars Unofficial Site (in carbonite)
« Reply #115 on: March 20, 2006, 06:22 PM »
Maybe someone could convert a McFarlane football figure into a Willrow Hood Unleashed figure.   ;D

That's so crazy it just might work!
Twitter: @OKeefeNathan
Blog: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Fanboy (in carbonite since '09, back someday)

Offline IndianaVader

• Youngling
  • Senior Awsome
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: March 21, 2006, 08:53 PM »
I would have voted for ICMG, but I ultimately went with Bastila Shan.  But my IP address changes every time I restart my computer, so I'll probably throw a few votes his way.

I'm with you guys in spirit, and will definately buy him if he gets made.

_Max
"So... could you blow up the world?"
"Egad, I hope not!  That's where I keep all my stuff!"

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #117 on: March 21, 2006, 09:43 PM »
Chalk one more up for everyone's favorite Ice Cream Man. :)
"This is the way."

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: March 22, 2006, 12:47 PM »
Well, I voted for ICMG because I remember the petition and all the fun we had joking about it.  I only have one request if he is made, will you autograph one for me Scott??  ;)
Beth

Offline IndianaVader

• Youngling
  • Senior Awsome
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: March 22, 2006, 12:52 PM »
Haha, yeah, that'd be bad-ass!

_Max
"So... could you blow up the world?"
"Egad, I hope not!  That's where I keep all my stuff!"