Author Topic: Willrow Hood  (Read 400539 times)

Offline Daigo-Bah

• Jedi Apprentice
  • What a desolate place this is...
    • View Profile
Re: Willrow Hood
« Reply #495 on: January 5, 2009, 09:26 AM »
Yeah, and he really should be one per case, not two or more like some other main character figures.  In researching for my Dagobah diorama, I noticed that there is an ice cream maker at Luke's training site, when he's force-lifting the boxes while doing a handstand.  So now I need a second Willrow just for that!  His plain outfit should be an easy custom for other characters.
Greg Reeves

My *New* top 3 most desired figures: 1) Yerka Mig; 2) Uncle Owen; 3) Hoth Luke

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #496 on: January 5, 2009, 02:18 PM »
Don't forget he's also in the cantina in ANH...in the back corner there was a coldstone!   ;D
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: January 6, 2009, 01:19 PM »
Agreed that Willrow should be one per case.  I also expect him to warm, but on the bright side, Yarna was sitting quite a bit but is long gone now following the Christmas rush.  Lots of kids must have got six boobied hideous action figures for gifts. 

I wonder if I could make Willrow the last SW action figure I buy? 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: January 6, 2009, 02:17 PM »
Yarna is still pegwarming in my area... in fact, she's the only figure left from the Christmas season at quite a few stores in these parts.

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #499 on: January 6, 2009, 06:05 PM »

If all goes to plan, he'll be the first SW action figure I'll have bought since around Thanksgiving 2005.

(Unless I get a little weak-kneed upon seeing the new Ben Kenobi in person.)

And he'll be the last, too.

(Unless Hasbro ever comes to their collective senses and finally does a good R2-D2 using the new Astromech body.)
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #500 on: January 6, 2009, 07:31 PM »
Agreed that Willrow should be one per case.  I also expect him to warm, but on the bright side, Yarna was sitting quite a bit but is long gone now following the Christmas rush.  Lots of kids must have got six boobied hideous action figures for gifts. 

You should come down to Colorado Springs Brent...Yarna is Legacy's Moff Jerjerrod here.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #501 on: January 6, 2009, 08:36 PM »
You should come down to Colorado Springs Brent...Yarna is Legacy's Moff Jerjerrod here.

I concur...  Lots of Yarna here.  Actually, the ONLY figure at my nearest WM is Yarna.  Not one other figure there now, but Yarna.  About 6 pegs of Yarna.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: January 6, 2009, 09:36 PM »
And this is what I was worried about when Hasbro said they were going to do Yarna.  I knew she would be a pegwarmer before too long.  But fanboys on boards kept saying that she would sell, that they'd buy multiples, yadda yadda yadda. 

Figures like this were made to be shortpacked.

No offense to ICMG, but he should be shortpacked, too.  It's way too inside for the casual buyer.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: January 6, 2009, 10:39 PM »
I kind of think the smartest move for Hasbro on this would be to have thrown him into a battle pack for some reason, maybe the heroes all running out of cloud city with him on the side carrying his precious machine.

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: January 7, 2009, 08:46 AM »

The only problem with that is due to the build-a-droid, you can't short pack any one figure over the other figures in that same wave that contain the rest of the parts to the same droid.

In Hasbro's defense on this issue, they ONLY Yarna in the Wave 1 cases. It's not like Yarna came mixed in with Wave 3 or Wave 4, so they packed her as lightly as they could under the constraints of the build-a-droid line.

Like Chewie said - figures like this would have been much better if left for a "battle pack" of some kind. They could have given us a ROTJ Jabba's Palace battle pack with an all new Jabba, new Oola and this Yarna figure and the entire set would have sold just based on Jabba alone.

Part of me is glad that they put her on a card since she was one of those figures that "almost" got made in the original Kenner line, but when I look at the sea of Yarna figures that are on the pegs now, I have to worry that her "failure" will eventually get back to Hasbro and deter them from releasing figures of obscure characters like her in the future.

I hope I'm proven wrong, but I think the exact same thing is going to happen with Willrow Hood. About the only reason a kid might want this figure is to complete the droid he has a part of.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: January 7, 2009, 08:46 AM »
Our local WM has nothing but Yarnas and Breha Organas on the pegs, and probably at least 10 of each.

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: January 7, 2009, 09:08 AM »
Sorry to hear that guys.  Seriously, she is not that bad where I live.  You can find her easily enough but she's not the only figure standing.  Mrs Organa seems to be hanging in good quantities at this point. 

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: January 7, 2009, 10:21 AM »

The only problem with that is due to the build-a-droid, you can't short pack any one figure over the other figures in that same wave that contain the rest of the parts to the same droid.

Not really.  They found a way around that by packing the same part that a new figure has with a reissue as well.  And in most cases that was an army builder.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #508 on: January 7, 2009, 10:22 AM »
I bought up a bunch of Gargans to donate to Toys For Tots and it turned out not even the homeless kids wanted them.  "No thank you sir, I'd rather go without this Christmas than to be caught dead playing with that thing," a dirty little nine-year old told me.  Sad.

They could have given us a ROTJ Jabba's Palace battle pack with an all new Jabba, new Oola and this Yarna figure and the entire set would have sold just based on Jabba alone.

How many Battle Packs have they done which consisted of entirely brand-new sculpts?
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #509 on: January 7, 2009, 10:30 AM »
I agree with Nick, it's easy to shortpack a figure still...

In Case #1 you could have
1x Willrow (Droid Piece 6)
1x Stormtrooper Repack (Droid Piece 6)

And in Case #2
2x Stormtrooper Repack (Droid Piece 6)

Problem solved!  Willrow is shortpacked, but there are still plenty of droid pieces out there.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender