Author Topic: Willrow Hood  (Read 400439 times)

Offline Jedi_Assassin

• Jedi Initiate
  • My people are dead, I shall have revenge.
    • View Profile
    • My Xanga
Re: Willrow Hood Confirmed For '07!
« Reply #210 on: July 21, 2006, 11:39 PM »
That's all well and dandy but, after the last film, this could be our last shot with the 30th. Nothing drastic like peeing on peoples shoes, that would be hilarious, though.

Offline roron corobb

• Jedi Padawan
  • May the Force be with You
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: July 22, 2006, 01:14 AM »
I think Hasbro laugh ;D at us with the time we waste on asking/telling them which figures we want. Just like the joke during the con. That IMO is an insult to everyone that wants any of those figures.
roron corobb
I'm one of the most well-regarded Ithorian Jedi Masters, having trained as Yarael Poof's Padawan. Roron Corobb
my feedback link

Offline Jedi_Assassin

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • My Xanga
« Reply #212 on: July 22, 2006, 01:23 AM »
Hasbro thinks that since they hold the majority of the market in Star Wars collecting, they can get away with treating their customers like crap. We should find a new company to make these figures. One that listens to the customer.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: July 22, 2006, 01:34 AM »
ICMG has gone from in-joke between 6-7 guys at the old BHC to getting joked about by Hasbro.  We've come a long way, baby, but...we've only just begun

I think this is part of the problem... maybe they think the whole thing is a big joke.

And while it may have started that way, but it isn't. 

The most telling part of that slide was the part that said 'we really listen' or whatever it said...

It only shows that they listen, and then they essentially don't give a ****.

Offline Jedi_Assassin

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • My Xanga
« Reply #214 on: July 22, 2006, 01:40 AM »
Exactly, they don't give a rat's ass about our wants, all they care about the Bottom Line.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: July 22, 2006, 01:47 AM »
So this is Hasbro's idea of having fun!  ::)

Well guess what Hasbro, me too... **** You & I hope your reading this!  >:(

Piece's of ****!  >:(   >:(

Offline Jedi_Assassin

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • My Xanga
« Reply #216 on: July 22, 2006, 08:25 AM »
I should email this thread to Hasbro, actually, could someon else do it because my email has my name and birthday in it, they'll send people to CUT me! lol. But I'll see what I can do. Hey, what can they do to a twelve year old, eh?

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #217 on: July 22, 2006, 10:21 AM »
ICMG has gone from in-joke between 6-7 guys at the old BHC to getting joked about by Hasbro.  We've come a long way, baby, but...we've only just begun

I think this is part of the problem... maybe they think the whole thing is a big joke.

And while it may have started that way, but it isn't. 

The most telling part of that slide was the part that said 'we really listen' or whatever it said...

It only shows that they listen, and then they essentially don't give a ****.

And that is the big picture here. They really don't care becuase they know people will buy whatever it is they release. They don't have to take the time, effort, and money to make soemthing new. They know Star Wars will sell regardless. Its ashame. It really is. It was a tasteless joke and i hope they realize it. It would have been nice if the crowd would have vocalized their unhappiness. Not sure if they did or didnt, but i hope hasbro knows they screwed up.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
Re: Willrow Hood Confirmed For '07! (NOT!)
« Reply #218 on: July 22, 2006, 12:13 PM »
From the Official Site:
#54 Yarna (the multi-breasted dancer in Jabba's Palace)

I'm actually shocked that they used the kind of description they did for Yarna.

But yes, that was a low blow to fans that want these figures. I understand it's a joke (all of us here have a sense of humor, Big H), but why do it now?? If they released this on April 1st, then I think the joke would have been forgivable. But doing it at ComiCon, where a lot of real info is supposed to come out, it does feel like a slap in the face to us and it really discredits them. Someone at the Big H needs to throw themselves upon their sword, err, basic SW lightsaber.

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: July 22, 2006, 02:39 PM »
I just think it's incredibly stupid that they would do that at a major comic con.  A place where if anyone were to buy those figures it would be there.  What a bunch of morons!  Especially Yarna and ICMG.  Those 2 alone are something people have been clamoring for more than  "Marvel Comic" figures(aka cheap repaints for Hasbro).  I just think it's a bad P.R. move on their end.   

Then you have the flipside where Sideshow Collectibles blows away everybody by showing us their dream 12 inch Jabba the Hutt, diorama, and creatures spectacular.  As expensive as it is it surely surpasses anything creatively that Hasbro is showing...endless repainted JediStarfighters, white vintage TIE Fighters from the late 70's, repainted or rehashed POTF and POTJ figures, etc.  Mmmm exciting  ::)

Do not get me wrong Hasbro does some good stuff but they are kind of idiotic at the same time. 

Offline Darth Kenobi

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: July 22, 2006, 02:47 PM »
Haven't read the whole thread but I have a feeling that we will see at least the first two characters in that wave ICMG and Yarna.  Hasbro said, if I heard right,  that they will most likely make the top 25 figures in the fan choice figures poll.  So hopefully the reaction they got from the fans in the room will help them make these two figures. 
The joke through suck, everyone was happy and clapping then angry once 4-01-07 came up. 

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #221 on: July 22, 2006, 10:42 PM »
You know what, I am so annoyed at this point it doesnt even matter. I am disgusted with Hasbro. They said they know they are wanted but can't fit them in. What does that mean? Why can't they just make them and put them in a wave. We had a ROTJ wave, Yarna could have fit there. But no, re-releases and resculpts instead.   >:(
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: July 23, 2006, 11:23 AM »
You know what, I am so annoyed at this point it doesnt even matter. I am disgusted with Hasbro. They said they know they are wanted but can't fit them in. What does that mean? Why can't they just make them and put them in a wave. We had a ROTJ wave, Yarna could have fit there. But no, re-releases and resculpts instead.   >:(

I agree. Why can't they put Yarna or ICMG in a wave, even if it doesn't fit? They had the Tatooine wave with a Bespin Confrontation Vader... the lone Bespin figure at the moment (perfect fit for ICMG, methinks). And Yarna most definitely could have been in the Carkoon wave.

H can produce whatever figures they want, whenever. They just don't want to at the moment.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: July 23, 2006, 02:14 PM »
I was sitting next to Coleman when that joke was make. I laughed my butt off. Seriously. If anything, it does go to show that Hasbo is lurking.

Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: July 23, 2006, 02:21 PM »
Don't worry we'll get ICMG before 2018 hopefully & for yoy guys who want her Yarna too!
KAY-BEE STANDARD RESPONSE:  "All we have is 1990's 'Robocop' toys."
WHICH MEANS:  "Holy ******* ****, please shoot m