Author Topic: Willrow Hood  (Read 399201 times)

Offline Dr. Zoltar

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
Re: Willrow Hood
« Reply #255 on: August 9, 2006, 03:46 PM »
I really hope that they make a Bespin Wave in 2008 that consists of:

Luke Skywalker (Medical Frigate)
Princess Leia (Medical Frigate)
Lando Calrissian (Smuggler's Gear)

Why these haven't been made yet I have no idea.  I'd think these figures would be no brainers.  Heck, give us the Luke, Leia, R2, and 3PO in a box set looking out the window from the Frigate.  I'd buy that...

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: August 9, 2006, 05:17 PM »
I really hope that they make a Bespin Wave in 2008 that consists of:

Luke Skywalker (Medical Frigate)
Princess Leia (Medical Frigate)
Lando Calrissian (Smuggler's Gear)

Why these haven't been made yet I have no idea.  I'd think these figures would be no brainers.  Heck, give us the Luke, Leia, R2, and 3PO in a box set looking out the window from the Frigate.  I'd buy that...

I think the reasoning might be that the Medical Frigate has been kind of an afterthought when it comes to TESB.  Think about it.  There are some great scenes when it comes to Hoth, the Bounty Hunters, Dagobah and Cloud City.  When you think about those, the Medical Frigate scene kind of pales in comparison.  Especially when you consider that there really isn't any action involved with that scene.

But seeing how those main settings have been gone over through the years, the Medical Frigate starts to look like something Hasbro could explore.  I think that Luke, Leia and 2-1B could make for an interesting Screen Scene, but I don't think they would make very compelling figures.  Smuggler Lando would probably be a more interesting Basic Figure in comparison.

But I think that Cloud City is probably the most fertile ground for new characters from TESB.  There's Willrow Hood obviously as well as other Cloud City background citizens (Wiorkettle and Treva Horne anyone!), E-3PO, the various Bespin Guards, new or different Ugnaughts and the possibility of Vintage style Bespin Han Solo, Leia or Luke Skywalker.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #257 on: August 9, 2006, 05:26 PM »
How would you go about making a Medical Frigate Screen Scene, anyway? 

What I mean is, you could do it the normal way, with the characters in front of the relatively boring frigate set, or you could do it the other way, featuring the "looking out into the galaxy" backdrop, which is much more interesting a shot, but then you'd have to package the figures backwards in order to be screen accurate.

I think I'd rather keep the galaxy backdrop, and turn the figures around so that they're facing the frigate.  The other ways would be either too boring, or too weird.
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: August 9, 2006, 05:32 PM »
How would you go about making a Medical Frigate Screen Scene, anyway? 

Have Luke on the table getting his new robotic hand, surrounded by 2-1B and Leia.  Luke can have a panel that opens up to the mechanism of his hand.  I think that's probably the most interesting way to offer any of the three characters for that scene.
« Last Edit: August 9, 2006, 05:33 PM by Nicklab »

Feedback

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #259 on: August 9, 2006, 05:34 PM »
Yeah.

I was kinda thinking more along the lines of the iconic final shot of the movie, with Luke, Leia and the droids standing in the bay window, watching the Falcon take off.

You know, what "Dr. Zoltar" mentioned.
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #260 on: August 9, 2006, 05:35 PM »
What I can't believe about not having Luke, Leia and Lando done yet is that they are really easy kitbashes (outside of Luke's Arm)...really easy.  Its pretty weird that they haven't been done

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: August 9, 2006, 05:44 PM »
I definitely know the shot you're talking about.  It's an iconic shot.  But to me I guess it's just 4 figures facing a background, and that's where it loses it's charm.  I think that Luke getting the robotic hand is just more interesting to me in terms of the sculpts and the potential for details.    It just seems like a personal taste thing.

Feedback

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #262 on: August 10, 2006, 12:19 AM »
Well, the other thing about "Lando in Smuggler's Gear" is that we don't really know what that outfit looked  like.  Sure, we could guess that it exactly like Han's  but I bet Lando would prefer a different cut to his pants.  Myabe baggier pants, with shorter boots like the Rebel Fleet Troopers...
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: August 10, 2006, 05:47 PM »
Well, the other thing about "Lando in Smuggler's Gear" is that we don't really know what that outfit looked  like.  Sure, we could guess that it exactly like Han's  but I bet Lando would prefer a different cut to his pants.  Myabe baggier pants, with shorter boots like the Rebel Fleet Troopers...

I imagine that there may be Lucasfilm documentation of that.  It seems that photo documentation on the first film was somewhat slipshod, but with every subsequent movie there was greater and greater documentation of characters and costumes for continuity purposes.

Feedback

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #264 on: August 11, 2006, 11:28 AM »
I would actually like a Luke figure in medical robes. I remember a while back a prototype Luke figure from the vintage line popped up and looked like it could have been Luke in medical robes.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #265 on: May 24, 2007, 05:58 PM »
Scoop Colman just talked to me via cellular phone who was able to pump Hasbro for all they were worth at CIV

Bad News:  ICMG probably won't be making an appearance on a card
Good News: He probably will be making an appearance in a Battle Pack!

Hopefully this will be in 2008.  We'll see

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #266 on: May 24, 2007, 06:06 PM »
But how is he gonna warm the pegs if he's not on a single card?

>:(

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: May 24, 2007, 06:37 PM »
Battle Pack has me very worried that he'll be a ****** kit-bash.

After all this time he deserves to be made into a solid figure.

Please get it right Hasbro!

You can re-release him on a card later and carded completists will buy him again.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #268 on: May 25, 2007, 02:18 AM »
Couple good body sculpts I think Hasbro could use...  Imp. Officer comes close...  Naboo dude.  It's good news though that he's on their radard.  Contrary to the disgruntled it seems.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #269 on: May 25, 2007, 03:43 PM »
Conflicting reports...

"C4: Willrow Hood At Last? Posted by Curto on May 25, 2007 at 02:29 PM CST:
Yeah, that's right...the infamous "Ice Cream Maker Guy" IS coming. Not this year. Not even next year. We'll have to wait until 2009 (maybe longer?), but he IS coming, and unless plans change (there's a lot of time to wait), he won't be in a battle pack, but on a single card. Turns out Mr. Hood was favored over another much-requested item. ;)"

I don't care how we get him, just make him already  ;D
« Last Edit: May 25, 2007, 04:07 PM by jedijaybird »
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird