Author Topic: Willrow Hood  (Read 399232 times)

Offline Dan

• Jedi Knight
  • Got some
    • View Profile
Re: Willrow Hood
« Reply #285 on: May 28, 2007, 11:20 AM »
It is amazing on so many levels- that it was ever requested, that people formed such strong opinions, that literally thousands of hours have been spent typing either for or against it, that it has occupied time in Hasbro development meetings, truly mind boggling. It is almost on a par with the blue/brown coat issue- sort of the modern version.

I'll buy him. He makes way more sense than naboodude, pisspoor luke resculpt, darth tutti fruiti, or frumpy lucas clan packs. In a line that has literally pushed me out by the sheer amount of non-movie and/or repainted/retooled product being marketed, he is a welcome unique distraction. And he's bound to come with a prop, that's as close to "playset" as Hasbro has been in a long time.

Thanks Scott, I'll take one of those signatures as well.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: May 28, 2007, 11:56 AM »
I don't get it.  The more obscure the better.  I hope Hasbro makes every character that managed to find their way into the movies, especially OT, and no matter how short their time on screen was.

I hope Willrow gets made and then I hope he gets done again for Jabba's palace.

Not sure why anyone would root against something like that, but oh well.

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: May 28, 2007, 12:08 PM »
Willrow is awesome. I'd like him made, but not until we see an SA Zam, SA Ackbar, SA Nien Nunb, Sim Aloo, and Yarna. That makes him #6 on my list of figures I most want to see made from all the movies, and #2 of characters that have never been done in any line before. Thats where I stand on ICMG.
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #288 on: May 28, 2007, 04:31 PM »
From the way Curto talked, and maybe I'm interpreting his post wrong, he was saying someone equally requested and "shot down" got passed over for ICMG...  I'm wagering that was Yarna.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: May 28, 2007, 04:43 PM »
From the way Curto talked, and maybe I'm interpreting his post wrong, he was saying someone equally requested and "shot down" got passed over for ICMG...  I'm wagering that was Yarna.
My interpretation too, but I can't quite grasp why they'd even make that choice.  Both placed high on the fan poll (which seemed geared to EU/PT, or maybe just dominated in the vote is more like it) and Yarna was almost made at one point, so why bump her again?  Sure, it's a matter of time, but it still makes no real good sense to choose either over the other ???
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #290 on: May 28, 2007, 04:46 PM »
It could be the timing...  That WIlrow's just who they'd rather do first.  I think Yarna will happen personally, just a matter of when.  She's one I could have cared less about but I'll take her and her boobies.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: May 28, 2007, 05:39 PM »
With Willrow and Hermi taken care of, Yarna's sure to be the undisputed #1 at this point.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #292 on: May 28, 2007, 07:51 PM »
Some things the anti-Wilrow crowd need to grasp...

Hasbro won't "lose money".  I've seen the poorly thought-out logic that somehow Hasbro would lose a little on ICMG, but with a brief reality check people would realize that, once they're sold in an assortment, the money's not lost...  You only lose money if your expenses exceed your sales/income...  One solitary figure in an assortment will not do that.  And knowing collectors as Hasbro does,they know that even most of the belly achers will buy one.

Will Wilrow Pegwarm?  That remains to be seen...  Production could be cut to meet the most exact numbers in the budget, so essentially he'd break even...  Or they could saturate the market with 3 to a case to start and reshipments of him as time rolls on...  Or they could pack him 1 to a case and drive up demand right away making him as popular at retail as the McFigures of 2007...  Or if you want a much more close analogy, Sio Bibble.  Who the hell wanted that guy?  Nobody, but we got him, he's far more boring than ICMG and from a far worse film, and he's still one of the most demanded re-releases by some (probably some of the whiners that ICMG is getting made, I would wager). 

Yet there's BIbble still holding some secondary value because...  *drum roll*  Hasbro made him, I can pretty much guarantee you they never lost one $.01 on him, and he's as boring as watching collectors bitch because a figure is getting MADE... 

I think that's the main point here though.  People are bitching because something GOT MADE.  I'm all for everyone's right to complain, but complain when you DON'T get something, please...  Not when you do.  Even if it's not something you wanted, it is proving a point that Hasbro listens, and that fans somewhere are getting something cool they want too.

Did I want the Sith Infiltrator?  Not really...  I really didn't like it's scale then when I saw it.  But at the end of the day I'm happy for the guys that got a SI when they were accepting of what you knew Hasbro would deliver...  It is what it is.

I personally can give two ***** about Yarna myself...  If we never got her, I don't care, but ya know what?  I'll be happy for the Yarna camp when she gets made...  Why?  Because it makes someone happy...  I cannot really think of a better way to end this than "grow the **** up". 

If you didn't know better, you'd think some of the schlubs that started collecting a year ago that are whining about this had some stake in this.  Like if Wilrow Hood bombs, that these guys would lose their jobs...  Please though, come back to reality.  It's a new figure from a good movie...  If you hate this figure so much you should be selling your Sio Bibble to someone, for cost, that needs it.

EDIT: This wasn't directed at anyone in particular here either, I understand people who DON'T want the figure fine...  There's lots of stuff I don't want.  I can agree with the mode of thought there.  I don't see a point in wishing something didn't get made that was actually in the films (or EU for that matter) though.  I think the anger should be reserved for the pink stormtrooper with blue highlights, or the neon orange, red, green, and blue Death Star Droid 4-pack. ;)  I do direct this slightly at the guy who just hopped into collecting last year though and now has a bitch about something people who've been in it for 10+ or even 30 years are now finally getting after such a long time.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2007, 12:55 AM by Jesse James »

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #293 on: May 28, 2007, 10:05 PM »
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #294 on: May 28, 2007, 10:07 PM »

Post padding is not allowed here, deuce
« Last Edit: May 28, 2007, 10:12 PM by OCB »

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #295 on: May 28, 2007, 10:22 PM »
Post padding is not allowed here, duece

Couple things:

• What's a "duece?"
  • I can expound upon my comments if you like (or if you don't).  Here goes:  There's a lot of things in Star Wars I think are ****:  Much of the prequels; nearly all of the Exhausted Universe, etc.  But I'd never in a million years waste my time actively "hoping" that that stuff never gets made.  I might not care about a super-articulated Jar Jar, for example, but somebody out there does.  How in the world does it affect me if they get something they've been wanting?  Here's a novel concept:  If I don't like or care about something, I don't buy it.  I don't know, I just think this whole "anti-Figure X getting made" thing is for the birds.  It's selfish and juvenile.  And that's saying a lot, 'cause I'm one of the most-juvenile people here.
  • 3064, baby!  Only 11,077 more to go!
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #296 on: May 28, 2007, 10:46 PM »
Post padding is not allowed here, duece

Couple things:

• What's a "duece?"
  • I can expound upon my comments if you like (or if you don't).  Here goes:  There's a lot of things in Star Wars I think are ****:  Much of the prequels; nearly all of the Exhausted Universe, etc.  But I'd never in a million years waste my time actively "hoping" that that stuff never gets made.  I might not care about a super-articulated Jar Jar, for example, but somebody out there does.  How in the world does it affect me if they get something they've been wanting?  Here's a novel concept:  If I don't like or care about something, I don't buy it.  I don't know, I just think this whole "anti-Figure X getting made" thing is for the birds.  It's selfish and juvenile.  And that's saying a lot, 'cause I'm one of the most-juvenile people here.
  • 3064, baby!  Only 11,077 more to go!
::)

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #297 on: May 28, 2007, 10:52 PM »
::)

I don't know why I bother sometimes.  Honestly.

I wish you never got made.

>:(

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: May 28, 2007, 10:54 PM »
Couple things:

• What's a "duece?"

Duece = Turd
« Last Edit: May 28, 2007, 10:54 PM by Rob »

Offline Scott

• Staff Member