Author Topic: Willrow Hood  (Read 400597 times)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Re: Willrow Hood
« Reply #330 on: June 29, 2007, 10:37 AM »
some boards where the mods are major petitioners for Willrow Hood take on a "group think" mentality where forum participants support WH because the mods do, as that's the "cool" thing to do on that board.

Riiiiiiiiight, because people can't enjoy something without being told to by moderators.  Sure thing sport.  I do everything Jeff does because he's damn sexy, not because of any group think thing :-X ::)
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: June 29, 2007, 12:58 PM »
I don't think any one of the mods have coerced any member of JD to support the making of Willrow (unless they're using some sort of subliminal messaging)MAKE. WILLROW. HOOD.. In fact, I've never seen them crack down on anyone for free thinkingMAKE. WILLROW. HOOD.. I mean, if they really doubt it, go to the ESB WishlistMAKE. WILLROW. HOOD.. Not everyone picked WH, but they still support Scott's wish to get the figureMAKE. WILLROW. HOOD.. I do think everyone here wants to see him molded because Scott's put so much time and effort into the characterMAKE. WILLROW. HOOD.. I think it's amazing to see such passion, so people should just back off and get a lifeMAKE. WILLROW. HOOD..

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #332 on: June 29, 2007, 03:48 PM »
Since1978's not been around long enough to really make those assumptions so I say read that with a grain of salt...  He doesn't know who's actually been in the hobby as long as he says he has been, and who hasn't really.  I signed the petition for ICMG long before I worked here actually, if I'm not mistaken, and that was long before I also hung out here since I didn't start my stint around these parts till I actually was part of the staff.

Not to mention the people at Scum who signed up...  Dan Curto anyone?  I don't see him lurking about our forums and posting "me too!" because we told him to like ICMG.  Dan likes him because Dan's on board and has been on board with the ICMG deal since it was brought up years ago.  That might be before he really started working at Scum even?  Not sure.

What it boils down to is a large portion of old-time collectors got behind it...  New guys don't get it, and don't like it as much.  Older collectors who were there from the start do, and support it.  The fact a fan's getting a figure made...  A single fan...  That's great.  That's a positive thing for collectors, but you cannot make people realize that fact obviously.  These are the same people who, IMO, wouldn't get the significance of the Hoth Han Coat debate...  They simply have blinders on because they weren't part of it.

Instead you'll just hear that "this will kill the line", or "I want my _______ figure instead", that you know obviously Hasbro will get to in the future. 

As I said...  Why whine and moan about it?  Why bitch up a storm like it's ending your life in collecting if this figure, which some people actually DO want, is getting made for those people?  Is it so impossible to say "It's not my cup of tea but it is making other collectors happy so that's cool"?

Like I said before, grow the **** up already...  Stop wishing what others want doesn't get made when Hasbro says they're gonna crank it out, just because you don't want it.  Don't buy it and be happy when you do get the things you want instead... 

It's sad how selfish people are in the hobby that they can't simply be happy for other people who get something they've asked for...  I don't particularly want playsets unless they're really something nice/special, but if they whipped up a playset I didn't like but others were happy, I'd be happy for the people that got their wish.

Is that a concept so foreign to so many people?  Jesus, the immaturity in this hobby is overwhelming at times.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2007, 03:51 PM by Jesse James »
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: June 29, 2007, 05:42 PM »
The worst part is how I got all sucked into arguing with a 14 year old...

I'm so embarassed.   :-\

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: June 29, 2007, 08:17 PM »
Jesse, you said it a heck of a lot better than I... Thank you.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #335 on: June 30, 2007, 12:49 PM »

I'm so embarassed.   :-\

*points and laughs*  :D
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: July 2, 2007, 05:00 PM »

I'm so embarassed.   :-\

That's why the smart ones steer clear of the basement.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: July 2, 2007, 06:30 PM »
Someone's got to try to defend Willrow.   >:(

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: July 2, 2007, 07:19 PM »
Someone's got to try to defend Willrow.   >:(

You mean Willrow (Man)Hood?  ;)

Offline JangoTat

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: July 2, 2007, 07:41 PM »
"man i wish they never decided to make ICMG. he is such a dumb choice"  ::)

just kidding. although i cant say i ever really cared about hasbro making the figure if and when he is released i will pick one up, because if what i have read is true he is quite the popular guy and besides I'm sure Vader would love some ice cream :P

Besides one mans loss is another's victory...
School has been on strike all month. so much for the summer job I was hoping to get D:

Offline Nathan

• Jedi Knight
  • Destroying the hobby one EU figure at a time.
    • View Profile
    • The Clone Wars Unofficial Site (in carbonite)
« Reply #340 on: August 16, 2007, 03:46 PM »
Willrow is this month's entry for StarWars.com's "What's The Story?" contest.

http://www.starwars.com/hyperspace/member/whatsthestory/input.html

It should be open for submissions till the end of the month.
Twitter: @OKeefeNathan
Blog: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Fanboy (in carbonite since '09, back someday)

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: August 16, 2007, 04:05 PM »

Just look at Scott's Official Willrow Hood Site;)

Offline Nathan

• Jedi Knight
  • Destroying the hobby one EU figure at a time.
    • View Profile
    • The Clone Wars Unofficial Site (in carbonite)
« Reply #342 on: August 16, 2007, 04:16 PM »
Been there, seen it. So this is Scott's chance to get his backstory officialized. ;)
Twitter: @OKeefeNathan
Blog: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Fanboy (in carbonite since '09, back someday)

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: August 16, 2007, 06:22 PM »

If any backstory other than Scott's wins, I'll be very pissed. I'd hate to see Willrow turn into a former (but now reformed) Sith apprentice who flew a A-Wing in the Battle Of Hoth.

Offline brian_peppers

• Banned
  • Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: August 16, 2007, 07:19 PM »
i remeber when there were doing fan choice they called bastilla a generic jedi well this was probably the most generic. figures are more for kids than adults no kid would want that it would be a pegwarmer.
I suck.