Author Topic: Willrow Hood  (Read 399196 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: Willrow Hood
« Reply #390 on: September 15, 2007, 11:10 PM »
What, in your world nobody's allowed ice cream?  You commie.  >:( 

;)

Okay, like that ;D. Not so much that don't allow ice cream, but I think it needs a more Star Warsy name before I would allow a character to be "ice cream man"  ;).
roron corobb

So he's a frozen creamed milk distributor/engineer?
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #391 on: September 15, 2007, 11:32 PM »
He's not an "Ice Cream Man", he's an Ice Cream Maker Guy!  Big difference.  ;)
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #392 on: September 16, 2007, 05:36 PM »
True...  He merely could've lifted the equipment in the chaos that ensued.  An opportunist.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline roron corobb

• Jedi Padawan
  • May the Force be with You
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: September 16, 2007, 08:58 PM »
True...  He merely could've lifted the equipment in the chaos that ensued.  An opportunist.

See maybe he wasn't even into ice cream. Could have been a common looter with thoughts of a quick credt. ;D
roron corobb
I'm one of the most well-regarded Ithorian Jedi Masters, having trained as Yarael Poof's Padawan. Roron Corobb
my feedback link

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #394 on: September 16, 2007, 10:28 PM »
I was just thinking of how full circle this all has come.  I created the petition, website and backstory because of one simple reason:

At one point right before AOTC came out there were idiots around the CSW/RS forums who were insisting that Plo Koon could create Ice through the Force when no such power had been revealed at any time in any of the movies.  Me being pretty much anti-EU and really anti-Idiotic Backstory, glommed on to this rediculous idea.  I didn't really start the wishing for Ice Cream Maker Guy, there had been requests on and off since about 1999-2000 but about this time I was growing tired of the immature newbies that invaded my on-line home, so a plot started to form.  A Jedi Master who could create Ice had to pass on his trade on to someone in the OT as seemingly everything else in the PT had to do...and like Jesse said above all EU has to tie in to the main story plot of the movies in absolutely stupid forced ways...so there was the seed.  The final straw can be thanks to Adam Pawlus, back when he worked at Yakface he through out a challenge, get 100 signatures on a petition and he would plug it on their main page.  Piece of cake...I had 100 signatures in like a day and the rest sort of spiraled out of control and while I insanely want this figure made...its all sort of surreal that I started it and while part of it was joke and part was anger and part was challenge...its still a big deal to me.

And now here we are...Willrow Hood has an official lame EU backstory.  Maybe that will inspire someone else to petition, create a website and piss Adam off :P

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #395 on: September 17, 2007, 01:42 AM »
All worthy goals...  Get crackin' folks.

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #396 on: November 9, 2007, 09:16 PM »
Some more-or-less positive verbiage out of the Hasbro camp today regarding Willrow, despite the somewhat-snarky question from ActionFigs/SirSteve'sGuide:

Since there has been buzz about doing a Willrow Hood (ice cream guy) figure, is there a chance that you'll visit other obscure characters from Bespin such as Treva Horme, Wiorkettle, and alien Bespin guard Utris M'toc? These characters are visually more interesting than Hood (many people think so), and Trooper M'toc could be the basis for a potential army builder as he's a Bespin security officer. (AF, 11/09/07)

Well, Willrow has the advantage in that he has a sizeable amount of fan support as shown by his relatively strong vote showing in the Toy Fare Fans' Choice poll last year. We like the Utris idea…a strong possibility for the next time that we do a Bespin Guard.
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #397 on: November 9, 2007, 11:37 PM »
Yeah, gotta love the (ever-so-constant) crowd that say, "he's not interesting" looking...  Well, neither are 2 or 3 figures that weren't even IN the film if I'm not mistaken.

Call me crazy, and I could be wrong here so by all means do call me crazy if I am, but weren't Wiorkettle and the Bespin dude both characters invented for the CCG, not actually IN Star Wars anywhere?

I'm all for EU, but as much anti-WIlrow as that question was, I've got a list a mile long of EU characters I'd want long before those guys he asked for...  If they are indeed EU of course.

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #398 on: November 9, 2007, 11:42 PM »
"Utris M'toc"?  Is he that guy with all those funky ridges on his forehead?

I thought we determined that he looked like a Star Trek reject more than he looked like someone who belonged in the Star Wars universe.
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: November 10, 2007, 02:15 AM »
It sounds like there's a Cloud City wave in the works.  Hasbro brought up Ugnaughts in the JTA Q&A, and that we might be seeing Ewoks/Ugnaughts/Jawas in 2-pack form in the near future.  Ugnaughts plus Willrow Hood would be good fodder for a Bespin wave.  Here's what I think might be cool for a Cloud City themed wave...

-Willrow Hood
-Ugnaught 2-pack
-Han Solo - Bespin gear or Carbonite
-Lt. Sheckil (Imperial Officer)
-Leia - Cloud City Escape
-E-3PO
« Last Edit: November 10, 2007, 02:19 AM by Nicklab »
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Nathan

• Jedi Knight
  • Destroying the hobby one EU figure at a time.
    • View Profile
    • The Clone Wars Unofficial Site (in carbonite)
« Reply #400 on: November 10, 2007, 09:42 AM »
Call me crazy, and I could be wrong here so by all means do call me crazy if I am, but weren't Wiorkettle and the Bespin dude both characters invented for the CCG, not actually IN Star Wars anywhere?

Nutjob! :P Actually I've not heard that. Wookieepedia (the Star Wars Wiki) doesn't say anything about that in the entry for either of them, and they're normally very thorough about such things--sometimes ludicrously thorough.

Utris, on the other hand, is from a deleted scene, at least according to that same source.

"Utris M'toc"?  Is he that guy with all those funky ridges on his forehead?

I thought we determined that he looked like a Star Trek reject more than he looked like someone who belonged in the Star Wars universe.

I'll grant you that he does look more like a refugee from the Shatnerverse, but the GFFA is a big place, and if we have room for talking trees and killer teddy bears, I think there's room for this dude. ;)
« Last Edit: November 10, 2007, 09:46 AM by Nathan »
Twitter: @OKeefeNathan
Blog: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Fanboy (in carbonite since '09, back someday)

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #401 on: November 10, 2007, 09:47 AM »
Treva Horme can be seen right before Willrow Hood comes on screen, I've never seen Wiorkettle, doesn't mean though that he isn't there

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #402 on: November 10, 2007, 02:17 PM »
I'll grant you that he does look more like a refugee from the Shatnerverse, but the GFFA is a big place,

Okay, I just had to Urban Dictionary GFFA.  Nice job.

and if we have room for talking trees and killer teddy bears, I think there's room for this dude. ;)

???

Killer teddy bears, yes, but talking trees?  Is this the GFFA or Imaginationland?

Offline Nathan

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: November 10, 2007, 03:43 PM »
Both I suppose. It's the EU, which I would include in the GFFA but some would file under Imaginationland.

E.g.,

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Ood_Bnar

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/T%27ra_Saa

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Bafforr_tree

And of course:

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Talking_Tree

Offline Nathan

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: November 10, 2007, 03:47 PM »
At least now we know where the Entwives disappeared to. They just became Jedi.

And why Treebeard was so bummed about losing them. That's some pretty amazing cleavage for a vegetable.