Author Topic: Willrow Hood  (Read 399147 times)

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
Re: Willrow Hood
« Reply #615 on: July 25, 2009, 08:47 PM »
Yarna's the perfect example of a figure that should be packed one per case.  I expect that with Willrow.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: July 25, 2009, 09:44 PM »

I'm going to go ahead and guess that Hasbro knows what happened with Yarna and that they're going to reduce the quantities of Willrow accordingly.

That is precisely what I heard from Hasbro in their booth.  They are painfully aware of the Yarna situation and are taking measures so that we don't have another such situation again with a collector targetted figure.

Production numbers for Yarna were determined around January of 2008, which was a full 6 months before the economy began to tank.  When that happened, collector demand diminished in a big way, and that in part led to so many Yarna's becoming such pegwarmers.

That and it's...Yarna. 

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #617 on: July 25, 2009, 09:50 PM »
Yarna is a weird example of a peg warmer because the first TLC waves last year had to be produced in larger quantities due to the official TLC launch. The "collector" market bought her right out of the gate because they/we knew her history, the modern day collector didn't appreciate the fact that certain figures were developed for the vintage Kenner line but never made it past the prototype stage.

I believe that Willrow Hood won't receive Yarna's pegwarming status do to the fact that he'll be produced in far fewer numbers and he probably won't be slotted in revision cases like Yarna was.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: July 25, 2009, 10:28 PM »
I'm still waiting on the PT fans to snap up the 42 mustard troopers at my local TRU.  They weren't totally obscure background characters.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #619 on: July 25, 2009, 10:43 PM »
If they were cheap, I would.  I liked the techies for Naboo.  Never got as many as I wanted, but then again I never saw them on sale really.  I think I got a couple reds on sale, but never the yellow. 

It sold well, here, actually.  The yellow sat longer, but the red was gone fairly fast.  I was shocked.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: July 25, 2009, 11:42 PM »
Heck, I'm still waiting for the Willrow haters to snag all of the Quinlan Vos figures. You know, the #1 most wanted figure in the Fan's Choice poll?
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: July 25, 2009, 11:47 PM »
Wasn't Yarna some other site's choice figure? I guess they aren't buying up their favorite gal in bunches.

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #622 on: July 26, 2009, 02:51 PM »
First of all, congrats once again to Scott on Willrow finally getting made.  I know that us fans can be (and often are) a contentious bunch, so I know it has to be fulfilling to see something you care about so much come to fruition.  So, again, congrats Scott, and I know I'll be buying a second one for an autograph if you decide to go that route.  ;)

That is precisely what I heard from Hasbro in their booth.  They are painfully aware of the Yarna situation and are taking measures so that we don't have another such situation again with a collector targetted figure.

The problem now is that, at least in my neck of the woods, there is such a glut of figures like Yarna (who is, admittedly, Pegwarmer of the Year, but around here, not by as large a margin as in other areas), Bail Organa, Breha Organa, Ak Rev, and Stass Allie, that it's keeping newer figures from actually reaching the shelves.  As I've belabored and moaned about so many times before, the ONLY TLC figures my local Target has or has had since prior to Christmas 2008 is Yarna, Bail, Breha, and Allie, and then it's at least 5-10 of each of those figures.  There is no room on the pegs for any new TLC figures at all.  TRU has about 10 Yarnas and 5 Ak Revs for TLC and that's it.  No new TLC has arrived since wave 4 back in March.  Wal-Mart, believe it or not, is doing fairly better, although one WM STILL has 15 Jerjerrods from 2006 hanging on the pegs, now at higher than original price.

I really think that Hasbro needs to do another "return for store credit" move like they did in 1999 and 2002 where they send out the reps, box up all those Yarnas, Organas, and (at least here) Jerjerrods, and switch them out for newer figures.  Because, in all honesty, if those figures haven't moved an inch in the last 12 months (or 36 months, as the case may be with Jerjerrod), they aren't going to move at all.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #623 on: July 26, 2009, 10:13 PM »
Thanks again to everyone for all of the kind words.  As I have said a few times, it is almost surreal.  I can guarantee that Willrow will not pegwarm in Minnesota.  I plan on buying at least 20+ myself...I'd really to get a prototype if one pops up let me know

The vitriol at the other sites really doesn't bother me because most of the other sites are full of johnny come latelies who haven't been posting on the boards since the old Tomart days.  If you know what ISE is you get Ice Cream Maker Guy and why it is so cool that is happened.  If you know that the Rebelscum forums and the BHC before it were once my home you get Willrow. 

I really hope he is out before Christmas :)

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #624 on: July 26, 2009, 10:55 PM »
...I'd really to get a prototype if one pops up let me know

And you thought I was the English genius?
« Last Edit: July 26, 2009, 10:57 PM by Matt »
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Sprry75

• Jedi Apprentice
  • semper ubi sub ubi
    • View Profile
« Reply #625 on: July 27, 2009, 12:30 AM »
Maybe it's time for a website update.

http://www.geocities.com/ocb75/

I hope not.  That's classic just the way it is (although a working link to and/or scan of the original Decipher card might be nice).

This one, on the other hand, could use a touch-up.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2009, 12:33 AM by Sprry75 »
"Really?  Sorry."

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #626 on: July 27, 2009, 12:37 AM »
...I'd really to get a prototype if one pops up let me know

And you thought I was the English genius?
I never claimed to be ::)

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #627 on: July 27, 2009, 12:58 AM »
This one, on the other hand, could use a touch-up.

With all of the new Lobot memorabilia that has flooded the market since Fall 2003, I've barely had enough time to even get it all archived into the collection, much less update the website with it.  Once it slows down, though, I'm all over it.  I promise, it'll once again be the best Lobot fan site on the internet, bar none.  Your patience, is all I ask.

I never claimed to be ::)

I updated a three year old thread on the unofficial Wilco fan boards tonight with news of Willrow, where I mentioned you by name, and this is the thanks I get?  A stupid rolleyes smiley?  You'd think that after your lifelong dream has finally come true, you'd be a little bit less of a dick to people who helped make it happen, but I guess not.
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #628 on: July 27, 2009, 01:03 AM »
You are right...thanks to the following:

Matt Colman
Philip Wise
Gregg McCaul
SirSteve's Cousin Steve
Jango Fettish
The guy who made up the lame EU Willrow Hood Story
Matt (I forgot your last name)

Better  ::)

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #629 on: July 27, 2009, 01:08 AM »
You are right...thanks to the following:

Matt Colman
Philip Wise
Gregg McCaul
SirSteve's Cousin Steve
Jango Fettish
The guy who made up the lame EU Willrow Hood Story
Matt (I forgot your last name)

Better  ::)

Not really, no.  I'm only buying twelve Willrows now, instead of the seventeen I originally planned on.