Author Topic: Willrow Hood  (Read 399176 times)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Re: Willrow Hood
« Reply #705 on: November 10, 2009, 02:50 PM »
Yeah, that's basically what I was hoping for.  I assumed it was due to the fact that the "big" sites like SSG, the official star wars boards and some others are delusionally obscuring the origin.  Scum, GH and others have been quite decent.  I sure wish there had been a picture of Scott at the midnight madness sale with Willrow photoshopped in.   ;)
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #706 on: November 10, 2009, 02:53 PM »
I didn't realize SSG was trying to obscure it. :)  That's funny...  Though who do they reach at this point?  Last time I was there they're pretty much out of the loop unless other sites put them in the loop for news.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
  • CreatureCantina.com SUCKS!!
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
« Reply #707 on: December 21, 2009, 01:14 PM »
So now that Geocities is gone, think it might be time to pull down the petition banner?   ;)
Bill Cable - Steeler Fan & Star Wars Collector
  http://CreatureCantina.com       
"Cable is incapable of contributing anything positive to this world" - cstoj

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #708 on: December 21, 2009, 02:22 PM »
I hate to say it for Scott's sake, but this is the only figure from the ESB wave that I can find... if I wanted to, I could have had an army of 5-6 Willrow Hoods by now, but nothing else from the wave (except the repack Bacara, I did see him once and one repack Snowtrooper).  I can not seem to find anything else from this wave yet as it looks like I'm always a few hours late when a case makes its way out at a Wal-Mart... I'm sure they'll ship in better numbers before too long though.  I can't see anything from this wave being overly hard to find, unless the wave is in very limited production.

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #709 on: December 21, 2009, 05:03 PM »
Well, I have yet to see this figure or any from the ESB wave at all.  :-\
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #710 on: December 21, 2009, 09:25 PM »
I hate to say it for Scott's sake, but this is the only figure from the ESB wave that I can find... if I wanted to, I could have had an army of 5-6 Willrow Hoods by now, but nothing else from the wave (except the repack Bacara, I did see him once and one repack Snowtrooper).  I can not seem to find anything else from this wave yet as it looks like I'm always a few hours late when a case makes its way out at a Wal-Mart... I'm sure they'll ship in better numbers before too long though.  I can't see anything from this wave being overly hard to find, unless the wave is in very limited production.
I'll take all 6 of those today if you can get them...lmk

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #711 on: December 21, 2009, 09:51 PM »
I found my carded Willrow last week and I love him! This first one will remain sealed and on my shelf for the forseeable future and i'll be purchasing every one i see fromm here on out.  :)
« Last Edit: December 21, 2009, 10:29 PM by Jayson »
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #712 on: December 21, 2009, 10:09 PM »
I can't find this wave at all, much less extras.  Saw one remnant pile and got what I could.  Haven't seen a single remnant since.  I'm still behind 4 figures.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #713 on: December 22, 2009, 10:29 AM »
I can't find this wave at all, much less extras.  Saw one remnant pile and got what I could.  Haven't seen a single remnant since.  I'm still behind 4 figures.

No sign of this wave locally here either, unless I totally missed them.  I was hoping the preorder at BBTS would be coming in stock shortly, but we'll have to see.  I figure with the 6 month+ "break" we seem to be getting with Legacy stuff in 2010, I will hopefully have plenty of time to pick up this wave (and any extras).

Online Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #714 on: December 22, 2009, 10:49 AM »
I can't find this wave at all, much less extras. 

No sign of this wave locally here either, unless I totally missed them. 

Ditto.  I found a lone Willrow once at a Walmart near work and I haven't seen any of the others at all.  Hopefully they get to TRU and Target as well soon so I can up the odds of finding them...
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #715 on: December 22, 2009, 11:12 AM »
I'll take all 6 of those today if you can get them...lmk

If I see any more lingering around, I can pick a couple up if you want.  Keep in mind though this has been spread out over a couple weeks and it seems like each Wal-Mart I've seen these at only got in 1-2 cases of this wave.  The others are just clearing out faster.  He still ends up sold within a day or so and I have not seen any stores replenish with this wave yet that put out a case... I just keep getting to the stores apparently a bit too late to score the other stuff.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #716 on: December 28, 2009, 03:18 PM »
Anyone have a plethora of these things lying around?  I still have yet to see one (granted I'm in a frozen wasteland) and still haven't seen it up on hts.com.  Help. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #717 on: December 28, 2009, 03:46 PM »
I found this wave at WM once and that was it. I had 2 cases on preorder from BBTS but canceled one. I may cancel the other. I hate doing that but I almost feel it's a waste to get at this point, usually they get them first. I only want one more Willrow, 2 more Lukes and another Wing Guard. By the time they get the wave they will be all over. I am afraid they will nix me during the EU wave release if I cancel the other case. Geek paranoia perhaps?
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Daigo-Bah

• Jedi Apprentice
  • What a desolate place this is...
    • View Profile
« Reply #718 on: December 29, 2009, 01:28 AM »
There were so few of this wave out before X-Mas, combined with all the distribution problems, that I think we'll see a good bit more of these showing up soon.  I was lucky to find the one case (minus Snowspeeder Luke) a few weeks back.
Greg Reeves

My *New* top 3 most desired figures: 1) Yerka Mig; 2) Uncle Owen; 3) Hoth Luke

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #719 on: December 29, 2009, 12:03 PM »
There were so few of this wave out before X-Mas, combined with all the distribution problems, that I think we'll see a good bit more of these showing up soon.  I was lucky to find the one case (minus Snowspeeder Luke) a few weeks back.

I have this wave, but I hope to get a few more AT-AT Drivers and Snow Troopers. I'm hoping that this wave, as well as the last few, will continue shipping during the lull in new product in the spring.