Author Topic: The Lady Luck (Lando's ship)  (Read 5152 times)

Offline Mitsukara

• Jedi Initiate
  • Casual/Poor Collector and Customizer
    • View Profile
The Lady Luck (Lando's ship)
« on: August 6, 2006, 11:04 PM »
Introduced in Heir to the Empire, Lando apparently picked up a cruise-ship kind of a thing with which he cavorts around the galaxy (when he hasn't got "real" work that is), the Lady Luck. It's not nearly as fast or handy as the Falcon, but it was used in the Thrawn Trilogy and several other EU books for various purposes. So it's kind of an old staple piece of the EU, kinda.

Anyway, I don't remember any sort of statistics or class name being listed in HTTE, (though there might've been) but I was kind of hoping to find some pictures of the ship. Would anyone happen to have any or know more about the subject? It would be very helpful, thanks :)
« Last Edit: August 6, 2006, 11:06 PM by Mitsukara »

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: The Lady Luck (Lando's ship)
« Reply #1 on: August 7, 2006, 12:25 AM »
You're in luck...  The ship is a Space Yacht actually...  it's bigger than the Falcon IIRC, and actually MicroMachines MADE a MM of the ship.  Maybe not the Lady Luck but like a YT-1300 Freighter it's the same shape/look...

There is also sightings of them in RPG's and also in video games.  In particular the space yacht appears in X-Wing: Alliance.  It's a fairly simple looking craft.  If I see its image online I"ll gladly post it for you.  Unfortunately a truly cohesive and definitive guide to ships and vehicles doesn't exist.  The writers who've put out the "Complete Guide" series haven't come CLOSE to touching all the vehicles and ships seen and created in the EU.  There's so many 2-legged walker designs alone that you could probably fill a book with just walkers in general.

I'll look for that image though if I can find it.

and right off the bat...

I think this is from the Complete Guide to Vehicles/Vessels.

This is a 3D rendering of some sort.  Possibly from a game or a random net artist.

I found these just by doing a simple Yahoo Image Search for "Star Wars Lady Luck", so remember that Yahoo/Google are your friend when you just want a picture.  I'm sure the CGtVV has at least some dimensions for the vessel too.
« Last Edit: August 7, 2006, 12:29 AM by Jesse James »
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2006, 01:29 PM »
You can also take a virtual tour of the Lady Luck on a level of Jedi Outcast.  I'd make it quick though....there's a bunch of Relo's thugs attacking around the same time!
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2006, 10:41 PM »
I forgot about that part of JO, good point...  Games can often be a great chance to see the INSIDE of ships from EU that you otherwise may not have ever seen. 
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Jediknight760071

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2006, 01:22 AM »
You can also take a virtual tour of the Lady Luck on a level of Jedi Outcast.  I'd make it quick though....there's a bunch of Relo's thugs attacking around the same time!

No if you enable cheats and use NPC Kill All. Not that I've ever done that. ;)

Offline Oboewan

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 3, 2006, 09:40 AM »
In Star Wars Galaxies, one of the veterans rewards was a YT-1300 Frieght that you could actually fly around in and walk around inside... it was pretty cool (but had no weapons)

Oboewan
"Who is more the fool... the fool or the fool who posts after him?"

Offline Clone Commander

• Jedi Padawan
  • I ate my Lama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 5, 2006, 10:40 PM »
Hmmm...I always thought that the Lady Luck was captured by the empire when they took control of Bespin.  :-\
Clone Commander Appo.