Author Topic: Clone Wars Adventures?  (Read 2037 times)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Clone Wars Adventures?
« on: August 7, 2006, 01:07 PM »
I've noticed the comics/TPBs (or are they digests) online and listed on Amazon, and I was wondering if anyone here has read the Clone Wars Adventures line.  From what I can tell, they are drawn in a style similar to the Cartoon Network Clone Wars series, and follows along that storyline somewhat.  I imagine they are probably geared a little more towards kids, but I was just curious if anyone here has read them - and what you think of them.  I miss the series, and thought these might be fun to read (and they are quite affordable at around $6.95 each).  Any information is much appreciated, thanks.

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
  • 1/6 the Sith I used to be...
    • View Profile
Re: Clone Wars Adventures?
« Reply #1 on: August 7, 2006, 01:59 PM »
Brian,

I too have been looking into getting these.  A friend of mine just got the first three issues for his son so I was able to take a look.  They are definitely drawn in the Cartoon Network style and the stories are as fun as the cartoon.  If you liked that series then you will definitely like these books.  Yes, you are correct in assuming that they are meant for the kids, but even as an adult who enjoyed the Cartoon Network series I enjoyed these enough to want to get them myself.  One word of caution, make sure you get the versions you're looking for.  There are English and Spanish versions of these out there.
The 60mm Sith Lord - All the hate and anger you've come to expect, now in a new conveniently sized package!

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2006, 12:04 PM »
I have one of the TPB, it's a very fun read. I loved the cartoon, so I think it's neat that the TPB is in the same style. Another plus is that they are way more affordable than the usual $13-$18 TPB. So I'd recomend that you pick one or two up, you'll enjoy it.

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
  • 1/6 the Sith I used to be...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2006, 01:18 PM »
One thing that I've recently noticed is that these are printed on two different types of paper depending on where you get them.  The 'Made in China' version are printed on shiny, more traditional comic book paper, where as the 'Made in Canada' versions are on non-shiny paper.  All of mine are the Canadian versions and it doesn't bother me, but a friend of mine will only buy the Chinese versions.  To each their own.
The 60mm Sith Lord - All the hate and anger you've come to expect, now in a new conveniently sized package!