Author Topic: Looking for Action Figure Head advice  (Read 15574 times)

Offline Smartypants1635

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Sith empire
Re: action figure head with glasses?
« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2006, 04:03 PM »
no the harry potter is larger, I have quite a few

Offline Straxus

• Jedi Initiate
  • Flaming Human Torso Productions
    • View Profile
    • My MYSPACE page
« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2006, 04:16 PM »
duh!! I had totally forgot about the Baroness!!! Foolish me!
Thank you!
...carbon stars with ancient satellites colonized by sentient fungi. Gas giants inhabited by vast meteorological intelligences. Worlds stretched thin across the membranes where dimensions intersect...

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #17 on: November 25, 2006, 05:36 PM »
There is a figure that should be coming out fairly soon in the 21st Century XD line that has a pair of glasses sculpted on, he does have a tanker hat on though.

21st Century Toys Thread
"This is the way."

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #18 on: November 25, 2006, 05:53 PM »
Ryan beat me to it but the X-Treme Detail Line is putting out a D-Day set of figures in the near future, and there's 1 or 2 headsculpts in tehre with glasses.  There is also a company I saw once that made 1:18-ish scaled accessories and glasses were on the menu but I don't have the company's site handy.

They make mostly cloth accessories and stuff, and glasses were there.

Making glasses isn't TOO hard though either...  If you have some thin wire, you can bend it to shape generally.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Straxus

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • My MYSPACE page
« Reply #19 on: November 25, 2006, 09:25 PM »
Excellent!
Thanks for the input guys!
...carbon stars with ancient satellites colonized by sentient fungi. Gas giants inhabited by vast meteorological intelligences. Worlds stretched thin across the membranes where dimensions intersect...

Offline stormtripper

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 27, 2006, 02:43 PM »
about 200 years ago I made this custom, it was from a generic soldier 6 pack.

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 27, 2006, 03:58 PM »
There are a number of GI Joes that wear glasses such a Sgt Slaughter. Here my use of the Barroness.

This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Straxus

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • My MYSPACE page
« Reply #22 on: November 28, 2006, 10:30 AM »
Very cool. I remember that custom!

I think what I will do is do the sculpt of Gordon Freeman's head first and make copies (that I can then later use for star wars customs) then scultp just the frames of the glasses on one of the copies. (much the like the 1984 Baroness figure) That way I can have eye details present (and then painted) and just do a very light gloss with maybe a slight shade of blue in the areas where the lenses would be.

Once again wanted to thank you guys for the input on this.
Though this figure wont be worked on right away,  I wanted to get all the information on how best to start it prepared for when I do start on it. Since time is finaly available to me again and I have had some much needed successes with some small detailed articulation peices for my mass produced sculpting figure project, I will with luck start getting some figures done for a change!

Offline IncomT65

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 28, 2006, 01:17 PM »
And the last pieces of Marine armour casts as well  ;)

Offline Straxus

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • My MYSPACE page
« Reply #24 on: November 28, 2006, 06:01 PM »
The first half of the removable marine armor mold was made last night. Just got back from out of town getting molding casting supplies to finish the rest tonight! Incom, the Marine is still top priority..hehe.

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
Looking for SW-compatible female heads
« Reply #25 on: May 17, 2011, 02:48 PM »
Hey guys, I'm looking for some SW-compatible female heads. Any suggestions? I heard that the POTC figures were good, and read somewhere about the Liz Sherman 3.75" figure from the Hellboy 2 boxset. I haven't seen anyone use the new POTC figures yet, nor have I seen any pics of them standing side by side with SW figures, so I'm not sure of the scale. 'm trying to make some dancers for Jabba's palace, as well as the Outlander club.

Has anyone done any customs using any of these? Any other suggestions?
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: Looking for SW-compatible female heads
« Reply #26 on: May 17, 2011, 04:40 PM »
Female heads are the worst to look for...

Here's some I've used:

-ST:TNG Tasha Yar (original 3.75" line)
-Indiana Jones Marian & Ilsa (German chick), & Irena (Russian chick).  These all fit the Female Imperial Officer body pretty well.
-Mix/Match all the female heads Hasbro has done now (generic SW chicks like Rebel pilots, Imperial females, McQuarrie hero, etc.)
-Old G.I. Joe Scarlet head (not sure what line it's from but it's from some years ago and looks fairly good).
-POTC Elizabeth Swann in Chinese outfit.

That's just a few I've used Lando.  There are others.  GI Joes Pursuit of Cobra females are pretty decent headscuplts too, like the Baroness, Scarlet, Covergirl, etc.  I've used them to make different female imperials without much modification even.

Some of those require a lot of modification though of course.  Even a Vintage Leia head like Hoth Leia, could be used with the right paintjob...  Look less like Leia, more like a random woman like Torryn Farr or something.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77