Author Topic: Hello Beasties, From the Captain  (Read 4144 times)

Offline Desfiy

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Hello Beasties, From the Captain
« on: August 10, 2006, 02:13 PM »
Hi folks well a lil bit about me.

I am english originally, I married my wife on halloween of last year and I have been living in this great country of america since september of last year, I have my green card now and my work permit so I am set, later on I plan on becoming an american fully.

I have been collecting Star Wars figures since December of last year and before that always loved looking at the custom alliance, jedime poboy, ffurg and don and jen customs, always thought about doing some of these customs myself, never got round too it.

I am usually found in the rebelscum forums, but I have decided to also do some posting here as I am interested in getting into the customizing side as well.

Well like I said just a little bit about myself and what I am here for.

Offline Tracy

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Call me "Your Highness" one more time........
    • View Profile
Re: Hello Beasties, From the Captain
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2006, 02:25 PM »
Welcome to JediDefender -- and welcome to America also! :)

Tracy
« Last Edit: August 10, 2006, 02:25 PM by tamidala »
"Y'all know you're the only ones with the Jesus fish in the titty bar parking lot" - Name
Cancer Sucks >:(

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2006, 03:26 AM »
Ahoy, Cap'n!  Welcome to port JD!  Glad to see you started your own Welcome thread here, as I was in the process of splitting your post off of the Wookiee Welcome Wagon thread so you could get a more personal welcome...  ;)

I'm sure you'll dig the friendly, knowledgeable, and mature (read: OLD) vibe we've got goin' around here.  Great customs action too, as I see you've already discovered.  So kick up your boots, relax, and enjoy the boards here at ye' olde JD.  Always good to have another Brit join us as well.  Holler if you need anything!  Ale and rum are in the fridge.  Cheers.

- Matt

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2006, 03:36 AM »
Welcome aboard Captain Jack...

Good to have you here at JD...  Look around and branch out from customs too if you have the chance as we think you'll find it a rewarding experience.  We're a lot different than the Rebelscum crowd and offer a different look at the various licenses for Lucasfilm stuff.

If you've got any questions feel free to ask.

And welcome to America again...  Gaining citizenship here must be an interesting experience.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2006, 12:37 AM »
Welcome, and thank you for becoming an American citizen!

Cheers,

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2006, 03:04 PM »
Welcome Cap'n. Reid's the name, don't wear it out.

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2006, 01:53 AM »
Hello Captain Sparrow.

I hope you have an interesting stay here. Well, you just may find some of my posting interesting to say the least ::).
..Don't listen to Mattie, either, he calls it an 'old' venture. I disagree after all I'm only in my twenties anyhew :P :-X.

Have a swell time here, Last time I was in England was 1998 I stayed for a month...it didn't rain 2 days total.

The  8) DS

Offline Desfiy

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2006, 10:33 PM »
Thank you all for the welcome, I am enjoying my stay here in america and in JD, so bonus for me, lol.

I'll take the grog from the fridge and replace it with whisky, love the stuff. ;D

To say the least about the green card experience when the wife is about is the best thing I can do, lol.  We wnet through sheer hell to get the Green Card and the Work Permit, well at least doing it the legal way.

Offline Desfiy

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2007, 01:19 AM »
Well I thought I would update this seeing a lot has happened to me while I have been here, first off I gained a job doing landscaping unfortunately I also gained an injury in doing said job, which caused me to get Ulner Nerve Damage in my left arm and now being told I have RSD on top of this, talk about bad luck, lol.

I had to sell my entire collection also in april some on here benefited from that the rest went to ebay to help pay for initial medical bills, while work was considering giving me the paper work to file for workmans comp, suffice to say I do not have a job now, when I get over this as they said if I was to file for workmans comp they would no longer need me, not that I will ever get rid of the RSD, I am lucky that I live in a state were there big on retraining you. The Doctor is going to start doing injections into my neck to see if it will help with the pain, if not I am going to be fitted with a microchip at the base of my spine.

What else can I tell yous, well I had to get a new car while this was all happening and my water boiler fell through the offshot floor, so I had to replace the floor never done it before, but if I do say so myslef it looks good I still need to rip out the Dry Wall and put new Dry Wall in there, just waiting to get the arm working better so I can go ahead and do this.

Also my poor whippet got bit in the head by my great dane, my great dane got spooked and the whippet was walking by I came down stairs and found her lying on the floor with blood gushing from her head, its not looking good for her, we may have to put her down, which I am not looking forward to in the slightest.

So basically this year has been pretty crap for me.

Oh but on the plus side I did manage to get most of my collection back and working on the other half, anycase this is my updated news.

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
  • 1/6 the Sith I used to be...
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2007, 11:27 PM »
Hey Capt. Jack,

I hope that things take an up turn for you and your family.  May 2008 be a much better year!

M
The 60mm Sith Lord - All the hate and anger you've come to expect, now in a new conveniently sized package!

Offline Desfiy

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2007, 01:32 PM »
Well the Inevitable happened with our whippet  :'( , she is now at rest with the other canines that went before, my wife is devastated and I am just holding up, she was put to sleep this morning Friday Nov 30 2007, may she rest in piece and have no more trouble or problems. :'(