Author Topic: UGP - Sponsorship  (Read 9778 times)

Offline Darth_Ennis

• Jedi Padawan
  • The beatings will continue until morale improves!
    • View Profile
Re: Raising funds idea?
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2006, 08:23 PM »
Exactly how does one get in touch with the almighty himself anyway? I say go for it if we can.

Offline patreektherodian

• Jedi Initiate
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2006, 09:41 PM »
LISTEN CAREFULLY CAUSE I THINK THAT WOULD BE THE ONLY WAY!
Niub had sponsorship with lucasarts for C3 and possibly C2. I worked with him at C3. I have not spoken to him in a while but if you read September 6's news at his site

www.niubniubsuniverse.com  ,

you might find a way to contact him and find out how he got sponsorship. I know that one thing it involed was the making of a mini diorama of the layout of the booth. I'm kind of buisy these days but if you have a hard time contacting him, let me know and I will see what I can do ( I will speak to him in Canadian)

Offline patreektherodian

• Jedi Initiate
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
Re: UGP - Sponsorship
« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2006, 09:42 PM »
PLEASE CHECK OUT RAISING FUNDS THREAD FOR AN THOUGHT!!!

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2006, 10:05 PM »
I was thinking something similiar to what Jesse suggested.  I remember at C3 that there was a separate hall for the "fan stuff" and I would have been surprised if it were the same costs as the booths in the main showrooms.  I was going to suggest talking with someone from FFURG to see what their booth cost as I remember going there (in fact it was my first customizing experience  ;D). 

Having said all that, even if we get a booth for very low cost, I still think a fundraiser is a good idea.  There are definitely material and shipping costs that we are going to rack up for this project.  Although I've got no problems donating some time, materials, figures etc, its still going to be expensive.

One suggestion on the auction route... what if we put together a monthly group project to make a custom to auction off.  Obviously, it may not be customs we would typically make or that we might get burnt out on (clones for many).  If we get 10 people to participate we could raise $250-$500 on eBay.  We'd probably want to stagger the auctions so that the market wasn't flooded all at once either.  Anyway, just a thought.

Offline patreektherodian

• Jedi Initiate
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 11, 2006, 11:18 PM »
Any thoughts on my idea?

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #20 on: September 12, 2006, 01:59 AM »
We were in touch with LFL's representative handling the C3 organization and such...  Look into the event at SW.com and see if there's the links you need there.  There should be something helpful around there.

Paying for a dealer booth for something that is ADDING to the experience and not for profit though is definitely not in your group's best interest.  I'm not personally making it to C4 due to living in PA (I drove to C3 since it was close enough, I can't justify all the added costs for C4 though) but if you want to contact the other staffers from FFURG to talk about things they're at the site of course or CorranHorn here at JD is also a great person to get in touch with since he's one of the head folks there.  At the very least there may be some good advice for you.  I'll make sure and drop a note to Jason when I get a chance as well.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 12, 2006, 09:39 AM »
What a great idea! Does JD have any plans on having a booth at C4? Since this project discussion is based here it would be a natural to have the project as part of it. The FFURG booth would also be a fantastic place to display this since FFURG is the place that I learned most of my customizing skills and consider it to be our public knowledge base for customizing techniques. I just wish I could get more discussions going on over at FFURG forums about this. Basically I'm willing to hitch a ride with whatever web site that will give us space at C4. (except RS ;))
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 12, 2006, 10:29 AM »
How about the new Magnetic stand company?
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 12, 2006, 10:56 AM »
We could stand up all the figures using them. Are those stands any good? I've never used them.

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 12, 2006, 11:08 AM »
Standing up the figures may be a really good idea.  However, depending on their size we may want/need to 'hide' them in the underbrush or whatver ground texture we establish.

This approach may also require us to use a metal base to set up the whole diorama.

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 12, 2006, 01:18 PM »
Of course if we did get them to fund it, they would probably want their product to be visible on the diorama.

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 12, 2006, 01:37 PM »
Good point :) 

I still think its a good idea worth exploring.  Nothing can screw a diorama up more than figures falling all over the place!

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 12, 2006, 03:59 PM »
Maybe we can get the stands donated.

Offline Darth_Ennis

• Jedi Padawan
  • The beatings will continue until morale improves!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 12, 2006, 05:19 PM »
Basically I'm willing to hitch a ride with whatever web site that will give us space at C4. (except RS ;))

AMEN Brother! Personally I would be embarrassed to say I was sffiliated with RS. :P

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 12, 2006, 05:50 PM »
Of course if we did get them to fund it, they would probably want their product to be visible on the diorama.

At the very least they could display a placard and/or have business cards on hand, in addition to loaning us stands.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."