Author Topic: I'm Calling Hasbro Out!  (Read 5395 times)

Offline Fritzkrieg

• Jedi Padawan
  • Don't make me destroy you.
    • View Profile
I'm Calling Hasbro Out!
« on: August 19, 2006, 10:00 AM »
I think it's more than a little funny how small companies like 21st Century Toys can produce a large vehicle like thier 1:18 Avenger with a 3 man crew to boot. But, hasbro still insist that their production cost would be too high to produce the AT-TE. Surely there pruduction cost would be much lower than 21st Century's.

I say Shinanigans Hasbro Shinanigans!!

Give us our AT-TE
Fritzkrieg

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
Re: I'm Calling Hasbro Out!
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2006, 11:07 AM »
Yet, the AT-AT seems to look larger than an AT-TE. ::)
KAY-BEE STANDARD RESPONSE:  "All we have is 1990's 'Robocop' toys."
WHICH MEANS:  "Holy ******* ****, please shoot m

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
I remember my dream now.

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2006, 10:25 AM »
And?

And nothin'.

It's funny to me, that's all.

If you take your personal wishlists and post them on enough sites, maybe, just maybe, Hasbro will finally take notice, and make your Star Wars toy dreams come true, no matter how bad for Hasbro's business they may be.
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline ATL

• Youngling
  • Cody shot my Illama
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2006, 03:20 PM »
Maybe you should put one on the Jawa,FFURG, and the Bothan Spy!Oh and DeathStarPlans2 ;D
FOR THE REPUBLIC!
I love the 212th

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2006, 06:10 PM »
Let's do that for ICMG so he comes in '08! :P
KAY-BEE STANDARD RESPONSE:  "All we have is 1990's 'Robocop' toys."
WHICH MEANS:  "Holy ******* ****, please shoot m

Offline ATL

• Youngling
  • Cody shot my Illama
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2006, 08:28 PM »
Eventually they will give in like with the Juggernaut
FOR THE REPUBLIC!
I love the 212th

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #8 on: October 7, 2006, 07:00 PM »
21st Century doesn't have to pay royalties and license fees to Lucasfilm.  Learn a bit about how toy companies work before making such a statement.
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline Clone Commander

• Jedi Padawan
  • I ate my Lama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 5, 2006, 10:23 PM »
Well if they did, they would probably make it so that it would be underscaled, the bonus figures would probably be a saga clone trooper with a removable helmet and either a preview clone or a saga clone pilot.
I would still buy it, I meen I got enough clones but you know. whatever.
Clone Commander Appo.

Offline Fritzkrieg

• Jedi Padawan
  • Don't make me destroy you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2006, 03:26 PM »
21st Century doesn't have to pay royalties and license fees to Lucasfilm.  Learn a bit about how toy companies work before making such a statement.

I may not be the fountain of knowledge that you are about such subjects, but I do get tired of people making exscuses for Hasbro's shortcomings. You certainly are not helping the
cause.

Fritzkrieg
Fritzkrieg

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2006, 11:04 PM »
To Fritz's defense a bit Mike, 21st pays licensing fees to a multitude of other groups actually, and they're also a private company a fraction of the size of Hasbro, so those two help to counterbalance the argument that Hasbro has to deal with LFL and such...

Still I think Hasbro's had some legitimate reason not to do large new ships...  At least to me they do.  It doesn't have much to do with royalties though I don't think, but instead simply their risk factors they keep beating to death in the Q&A's.  I think Hasbro looks at it more along the lines of, "if we have a mold, we'll use it, but if not then we have to weigh a lot of things to make sure we don't end up losing out in the end".  Thus you get a Y-Wing that's scaled to a 1" figure instead of a 3.75" figure, and an AT-AT that was ideal for Miniatures gaming on a tabletop instead of "true" scale to the basic line... 

I think though, Hasbro has a lot it can learn from 21st Cent. Toys...  A whole lot.  They really step up their figures a notch with every wave, and there's definitely a lot they do right that Hasbro could do more consistantly right...  if that makes sense.

On vehicles though, I don't think Hasbro would ever take the risk 21st does, and 21st seems to have a method to their madness that pays off well for them in the long run too despite being dwarfed by Hasbro...  And again, they do pay royalties out too...  In relative terms, I think they have as many (or more) financial bitches they can make than Hasbro ever would. ;)
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77