Author Topic: Painting Custom Figures - Tips and Tricks?  (Read 16206 times)

Offline Nirvana

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
Re: customs
« Reply #45 on: August 19, 2006, 07:30 PM »
I mainly use Apple Barrel and Folk Art acrylic paints. They run at about a dollar a bottle, and have a very rich color when given a few coats. The only downside to them is that they chip easily.

Another brand I've come to love is Tamiya Brand Acrlyics. Found at most hobby stores, they mainly come in all military colors and have virtually no chipping once completely dry.
My whole expanse...I cannot see...

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: customs
« Reply #46 on: August 19, 2006, 09:23 PM »
Customs Forum Index Thread - Tips, Hints, Tutorials, and More!

Check the thread index out paint questions have been brought up several times. In the future try and check there first because you'll find many of your questions have probably already been answered. If you don't see what you are looking for there, try www.ffurg.com. They'll have anything you could possibly need. If for some reason you can't find what you are looking ofr in either place go ahead and start up a thread here.

I'm going to go ahead and merge this with the existing paint "Painting Custom Figures - Tips and Tricks?" thread.
"This is the way."

Offline Daigo-Bah

• Jedi Apprentice
  • What a desolate place this is...
    • View Profile
Re: Painting Custom Figures - Tips and Tricks?
« Reply #47 on: August 20, 2006, 10:19 AM »
This is a pic of the Ultra Escape Pod after a wash.  I greatly diluted regular Fol Art black, and just touched all the details with the tip of the brush, and the black colored water runs into the recessed parts on it's own.

« Last Edit: August 20, 2006, 10:25 AM by Daigo-Bah »
Greg Reeves

My *New* top 3 most desired figures: 1) Yerka Mig; 2) Uncle Owen; 3) Hoth Luke

Offline Dan

• Jedi Knight
  • Got some
    • View Profile
Re: Painting Custom Figures - Tips and Tricks?
« Reply #48 on: August 22, 2006, 07:36 AM »
That is a serious upgrade to the escape pod! I just might be able to pull that one off!  ;)