Author Topic: Customs by Sith's Herald - Updated Jan. 2012  (Read 81474 times)

Offline Siths Herald

• Jedi Padawan
  • Sith Happens.
    • View Profile
    • The Minnesota Force
Re: Customs by Sith's Herald
« Reply #45 on: May 15, 2007, 03:30 PM »
Thanks!!  Formbi's sash was a sword belt from the POTC:DMC Torrington.  It's on Formbi backwards so the buckle is in the back.  I actually wanted a little wider sash, like the one on the Wookiee senator, but I didn't have an extra one.  I think it turned out okay though.  That yellow was a B**** to paint over other colors.  It took 4 or 5 coats.

The dark side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural.

Offline Siths Herald

• Jedi Padawan
  • Sith Happens.
    • View Profile
    • The Minnesota Force
Re: Customs by Sith's Herald - Update 9/11
« Reply #46 on: September 11, 2007, 08:42 PM »
It's been quite a while.  I've had a lot of figures at various stages of completion.  Here are a few I recently finished.

You may remember my first two Omega Squad Republic Commandos.  Well, since hasbro decided to make them as well, I figured I'd better get off my duff and finish up the Squad before November.  Here they are.

Omega Squad Commando III

Omega Squad Commando IV

Republic Commandos; Omega Squad

Next is my own creation.  She is Darth Temptuous, Dark Lady of the Sith.  Here she is with the art I based her on.

Darth Temptuous

Darth Bane, as seen in the Jedi Vs. Sith comic.

Gand Dignitary

Jan Dodonna, Lusankya Prisoner

Imperial General in field dress

Stormtrooper Commander

Human traveler

Sullustan traveler

Thug/Slaver

White Wookiee

Enjoy.  Let me know what you think!!

The dark side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural.

Offline Deanna Rash

• Jedi Padawan
  • AH ! Whatta you know a jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 12, 2007, 03:32 PM »
 8) Very nice!! I like them very much! I love the thug/slaver :)
The ablity to speak does not make you intelligent - now get out of here!

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 12, 2007, 05:13 PM »
Some nice clean customs there. Well painted and put together. Do you have a reference shot for Darth Bane? I seem to remember him have armor made of scales.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Siths Herald

• Jedi Padawan
  • Sith Happens.
    • View Profile
    • The Minnesota Force
« Reply #49 on: September 12, 2007, 06:36 PM »
Here is a reference image from the cover of the one of the Jedi vs. Sith comics.

This was from the Battle of Ruusan (the same time period as the novel Darth Bane; Path of Destruction).  He was infected with the scales later, after he left Ruusan.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2007, 05:57 PM by Siths Herald »

Offline stormtripper

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 16, 2007, 01:05 PM »
wow, it's been ages since I have looked at the jedidefender forums. You have some really amazing customs! I am going to check in more often and see your's and others work. Very nice recipes and paint application. Great work for sure!

Offline Siths Herald

• Jedi Padawan
  • Sith Happens.
    • View Profile
    • The Minnesota Force
« Reply #51 on: September 17, 2007, 09:01 PM »
Thanks to everyone for the kind words.  I've been working on four Mandos.  They are nearly complete, but it may be next week before I get photos up.

Offline no boom boom soul brother

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 8, 2007, 03:30 AM »
Awesome customs, nice variety of walks of life, especially that Jan Dodonna prisoner.  Where did you find feet with slippers?

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 8, 2007, 09:32 AM »
I just got myself caught up on all your work. Superb. You really did a great job on everything.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Siths Herald

• Jedi Padawan
  • Sith Happens.
    • View Profile
    • The Minnesota Force
« Reply #54 on: October 9, 2007, 09:52 PM »
Soul Brother and Darth_Anton,  thanks for the kind words!  The Dodonna legs are from the Oriental pirate from POTC III.

A few weeks back I promised my Mandolorians.  I've had 'em done for a while, but just finally got around to uploading the pics.  Enjoy!
Mandolorian I

Mandolorian II

Mandolorian III

Mandolorian IV

Here are all of my custom Mandolorians, including Kal Skirata and Montross

Please let me know what you think.  Thanks!

Offline JangoTat

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 9, 2007, 10:38 PM »
is the blue one supposed to be montross?

they are all really good but i think the green camo one with the Mcfett head is my favourite. nice job man!
School has been on strike all month. so much for the summer job I was hoping to get D:

Offline stormtripper

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 10, 2007, 12:43 AM »
Your doing a great job at hiding those POTF2 parts, I recognize them but you really have done a really excellent job with that.. I like the Mando III the most out of this bunch, which is funny because I am not a fan of the other concept boba helmet, but it really works great with your colour scheme and choice of parts. Your entire mando army is looking very unique....in a good way unique, as in individual!

Offline Siths Herald

• Jedi Padawan
  • Sith Happens.
    • View Profile
    • The Minnesota Force
« Reply #57 on: October 10, 2007, 07:56 AM »
Thanks for your feedback!  Yes, the blue one is my concept of Montross.  Just to the right in the photo is my Skirata.

I just picked up a few more holiday special Bobas.  I'm not sure what I'll do with them yet.  I think Scout Trooper arms would make good Mando armor.  I'll have to look at what parts I have lying around.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 12, 2007, 09:25 AM »
Your doing a great job at hiding those POTF2 parts, I recognize them but you really have done a really excellent job with that..

I second that.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline patreektherodian

• Jedi Initiate
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 13, 2007, 11:05 PM »
speechless