Author Topic: Customs by Sith's Herald - Updated Jan. 2012  (Read 81311 times)

Offline patreektherodian

• Jedi Initiate
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
Re: Customs by Sith's Herald - Updated 5/9
« Reply #90 on: May 13, 2008, 08:38 PM »
we should have a bank or list of female names cause frankly the only other decent head is that of what's her name from Pirates. Never saw the Nicole Kidman of Golden Compase yet

Offline Siths Herald

• Jedi Padawan
  • Sith Happens.
    • View Profile
    • The Minnesota Force
Re: Customs by Sith's Herald - Updated 9/3/08
« Reply #91 on: September 3, 2008, 10:04 PM »
I have a few new additions I've been working on over the summer.  Let me know what you think.

The first is the reborn Darth maul from Dark Horse comics.

Next on the list:  I've done a number of Mandolorians in the past.  At the risk of ebing repetitive, I have a few final additions to the Mando army.  These will probably be the last I do of these guys for a while.

The first is Walon Vau, from the Republic Commando novels

Next is a soldier named Ter Jesso.  He's skilled, but very arrogant, to the point of painting his armor orange, almost as a taunt to his enemy.

Most cultures design their droids in their own image. For most it creates the sense of comfort and familiarity.  For the Mandos, they thought a droid in their image would help reinforce the fear their helmets usually inspire.

Daven Lefora is a battle hardened infantryman.  He prefers to go without the jetpacks so common among his brethren, but his skills on land, in the trenches, are unparalleled.

Braydon Hoole is part of a splinter group of Mandos who rely on unconventional weapons and armor to give them an edge in battle.

Bolar Krent is a strict traditionalist.  He wears ancient armor and prefers melee weapons to blasters or projectile weapons.  He is a master and hand combat and passes that knolwedge along to future generations.

Next is a group of Rebels and smugglers.

Mirax Terrik (as seen on the X-Wing comics)

Han Solo receives his medal after the Battle of Yavin.

Here are a couple of Endor Rebel Troopers

This is a fan-fic character of mine.  He is a Dran Shukkan prize fighter named Aresnal Delge.

Here is an Imperial Naval Officer.

Next is a few ewoks to help build up the tribe.

The first one is an Ewok Witch Doctor.  He's an outcast who lives in the mountains away from the main village, but young Ewoks search him out when they seek what their shaman, Logray, is unwilling to provide.

Some Ewoks, though primitive, have very high mechanical aptitudes and eagerly learns the skills to gain them passage off Endor, as was the case with this Ewok technician.

Next is an Ewok Archer, with a back slung quiver.

This guy wields his trusty axe with equal skill as a carpenter and a warrior.

The final group is a few new droids.

The first droid is an ancient and neglected protocol droid.  He still functions, but has not seen regular maintenance in the last three centuries.

The next droid was built based on Dug physiology.  Since most Dugs are not technically apt enough to ever build a droid, there is speculation that someone designed and built this as a farce.

The final custom is not the droid, but the swoop.  Here is my deluxe IG Lancer Droid.

I appreciate your taking the time to look and your feedback. Thanks!
« Last Edit: September 3, 2008, 10:44 PM by Siths Herald »
The dark side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #92 on: September 4, 2008, 02:09 AM »
Great work!  You've definitely been busy!
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: September 4, 2008, 08:41 AM »
Pretty cool stuff, Steve!

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: September 4, 2008, 09:15 AM »
All around, another great batch of work! I particularly like the rebel commandos and Ewoks!
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: September 4, 2008, 01:34 PM »
WOW!!! You've had one heck of a busy summer.  Braydon is the only Mando I'm not liking but it's ONLY because of the shin armor, just looks too big.  Very cool Maul best version of the visionaries that I've seen by far.  Mirax takes the cake for me, though I'd have used Preger Padme legs if possible, it really is awesome.  Army of Ewoks and Commandoes make up a lethal bunch on Endor.  Great stuff all around.
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge

Offline Siths Herald

• Jedi Padawan
  • Sith Happens.
    • View Profile
    • The Minnesota Force
« Reply #96 on: September 4, 2008, 05:49 PM »
Thanks.  Yeah, I might redo the shin guards on that one Mando.

The Maul ended up being a very static display piece.  The horns are pretty brittle and in order for him to stay standing (and not break off horns when he falls) I ended up glueing him to the stand.
« Last Edit: September 4, 2008, 07:23 PM by Siths Herald »
The dark side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural.

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: September 4, 2008, 05:55 PM »
well at least it's a cool statue  ;)  How bout the shin guards from the Mace Windu, original Clone Wars version....or was it the Anakin which ever one it was they might work better.
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge

Offline Siths Herald

• Jedi Padawan
  • Sith Happens.
    • View Profile
    • The Minnesota Force
« Reply #98 on: September 4, 2008, 07:35 PM »
I'll have to look at them and see.  Thanks for the suggestion.

Offline patreektherodian

• Jedi Initiate
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: September 12, 2008, 09:39 PM »
Finally a black Officer!  cool use of a an ak47 on that mandelorian

Offline Siths Herald

• Jedi Padawan
  • Sith Happens.
    • View Profile
    • The Minnesota Force
Re: Customs by Sith's Herald - Updated 4-10-09
« Reply #100 on: April 10, 2009, 11:17 PM »
I've done a few new customs lately.  Some are little mor ethan head swaps to build up the armies, or make the figures more to my liking.

The first three are hybrid version of Anakin, Obi-Wan and Capt. Rex.  I liked the Clone wars armor for the Jedi, but I'm not really fond of the Clone Wars clones, so I "fixed" these three.

I never got all of the Walmart Build-a-droid exclusives for the C-3PX.  I decided to make my own, using 4_LOM arms to ger the articulation and grip for the weapons.

I've seen a few others detail the Comic Pack Ewoks.  I did the same to help them fit in with my Ewok army a little better.

I added to my army of Imperial Knights with a couple head-swaps.

Here's a H'nemthe Jedi.

I really liked the Darth Maleval figure that came with Joker Squad, but was very disappointed when the Lightwhip was a piece of black string.  I added some teeny tiny pupils to the figures eyes and made my own Lightwhip by heating and pulling a Lightsaber. I think I went through about six red Lightsabers before I got this right and didn't pull it apart.

Ok - on this last bunch, I swear I made them before this last week's headlines of piracy off the coast of Africa, so this is no attempt to make light of that situation. (I have witnesses who saw them last Sunday...)

Anyhoo - I thought they turned out alright, so here is my little band of Pirates.
The Captain

The Brute

The Swashbuckler

The Gentleman Gunfighter

Enjoy!  Let me know what you think.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2009, 11:22 PM by Siths Herald »

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #101 on: April 11, 2009, 02:40 PM »
Very cool.  Especially the light whip.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline knashdx

• Jedi Knight
  • I see Llama's
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: April 14, 2009, 04:05 PM »
How well do the WWE figures work with the Star Wars stuff?
I have been told to go to hell; well at least I will know everyone there!

Offline Siths Herald

• Jedi Padawan
  • Sith Happens.
    • View Profile
    • The Minnesota Force
« Reply #103 on: April 14, 2009, 10:35 PM »
I think the scale is good.  I also think I need to work on making the peg on the shoulder joint fit better in the the SW torsos.  I am a little ashamed to say after screwing up the modification I ended up just glueing the arms in place.  Another static display... 

That being said, the WWE figures seem to be built fairly rigid, and the connecting parts are standardized.  To me, that is really one of the hardest parts of customizing SW figures.  You can never count on the ball joints, pegs, etc., that connect the parts, being the same size from one figure to the next.

I got my customizing start with G.I. Joe figures back when I was a kid.  Their parts were all 100% interchangable, so it was very easy.   

Offline stormforce customs

• Youngling
  • The Jedi Storm
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: April 28, 2009, 11:42 AM »
Ive just found this site and been looking at your work and have to say man love it its bold well thought out and unbeleavably well exocuted great work man really great work
FOR MY ALLY IS THE FORCE : YODA
SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM