Author Topic: Save the PN Forum! (aka "If You Build it, Will They Come?")  (Read 13273 times)

Offline Vator

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Save the PN Forum! (aka "If You Build it, Will They Come?")
« Reply #30 on: June 6, 2007, 10:00 PM »
As I'm borrowing a campus computer whilst at a camp, I'll keep this brief ....

Essentially the only so-called main source of the problem here, so far as I can surmize, is that CHEWIE no longer posts here. Largely, without Mr Cook this sub-forum would not be. When he "left" JD, that built in Rykrof Enloe audience went with him over to Yakface. Ergo, the forum activity has largely died.
- June 22, 2004 12:13 AM -

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 9, 2007, 02:44 AM »
Hey guys, thanks for the interest still in my stories and I'm humbled to hear that someone thinks I helped build this sub-forum, that's a very nice thing to hear... I can honestly say that I did do a lot of work to try and build the community here in this part of the hobby so that is truly appreciated.  I worked very hard to recruit people to come over here a few years back.  But as time has passed, and an opportunity came for me about a year and a half ago with another site, most of my time does need to be spent elsewhere.  But I'll try more when I can to keep up on other people's work here... if it's posted at Yak too, I usually post feedback there.  I think it's just natural for a mod at one site to usually spend most of their time at that site, so I'm sorry if anyone thinks I betrayed this section or the customizing board.  Plus with having a two week old infant now, my time will be less and less online at all the sites.  Noboday can be everywhere at once.   :-\

But, I do still post the redos here, and will soon be on new chapters - probably by end of summer.  The redos do have some changes in them (actually quite a few in chapters 17 and 18 - especially 17 which I think the redo is a must read for anyone wanting to read the new chapters later on).

Anyways, comments are nice to get.  I think that a couple years ago a lot of us got spoiled by the great feedback that so many people used to leave us.  A lot of it helped with the excitement with ROTS.  The way to try and get more feedback though, I think is:

1) Work harder on your story - don't just post it your first time out - make something for your eyes only, and then go back a few weeks later and see what you could have done to improve it.  Honestly - try it sometime.  If you really want feedback, work hard.  Give people a reason to type a response.

2) Leave feedback for others.  If you don't, then don't complain when you don't get it.

3) Post at more than one forum.  You'll find an audience for these at several different sites.

4) Also, if someone leaves you bad feedback or sends you rude messages telling you your work sucks, take something from it.  Either try and use it as constructive criticism if it's from someone who really is leaving you honest feedback that is trying to help you.  But if someone is doing it privately (I used to get it all the time and even publically from time to time), they're probably just trying to get under your skin so don't even worry about it.  Ignore them.  If they were so special, they'd be posting something that was getting the attention of Lucasfilm.  So forget them.  Don't let them ruin your hobby for you, because that's what they are trying to do.

Also, if anyone ever wants to discuss privately about their PN's, I know that Lance Quazar would probably love to help out with advice, and I would to if I have time as well.  My email is rykrofenloe@yahoo.com

:P

Offline Darth Depressis

• Jedi Padawan
  • i've never seen garbage eat garbage before
    • View Profile
    • http://swfanon.wikia.com/wiki/User:Darth_Depressis
« Reply #32 on: August 6, 2007, 09:59 PM »
to be honest after having gone through all feedback on my as of this moment incomplete sequel trilogy photo novel series and then looked into the work of those whom have left unsettling and or outstanding feedback.

I've come to the point where i suggest we should all just consider the source and take the good and the bad with a just a grain of salt, not to sound like south park's George Lucas but these are our stories! who cares if half of the community doesn't get what we do and those who also do it are not on the same page as you. just be happy they gave it enough thought to write about what they liked and or most likely didn't like about it...

anyways glad to see the general state of decay hasn't gone away since i left for California a month ago...(my sisters graduation and a job-op that turned to bantha fodder..lol) 

I'm glad to announce that the next update of episode VIII: THE VOLATILE VISION will be the conclusion to this chapter and will ultimately leave all of you waiting for the final chapter of my trilogy...

« Last Edit: November 23, 2007, 11:03 AM by Darth Depressis »

Offline Quazar

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 16, 2007, 02:22 PM »
This preview image is AWESOME!  Look forward to the conclusion of Episode VIII!

Great job, DD.
Sith Lords Are Our Speciality

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 18, 2007, 12:37 AM »
Yes very good preview, you definitely have a very unique style too with your PN's too.

;)

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 22, 2007, 10:30 PM »
If I could ever get my hands on a camera & some army-builders I'd do some PN. Here's what I'd like to do.

Comedy Series (Deciding if they will be the real characters or just figures)

Galactic Civil War PN

Indiana Jones PN

Master Chief vs. Predator
KAY-BEE STANDARD RESPONSE:  "All we have is 1990's 'Robocop' toys."
WHICH MEANS:  "Holy ******* ****, please shoot m

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 24, 2007, 12:07 AM »
Indy - that could be a lot of fun.

I'm actually considering making a short 3-4 chapter GI JOE series at some point.

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 3, 2007, 09:57 PM »
Yeah, I'm looking for a "McGuffin" for the story.
KAY-BEE STANDARD RESPONSE:  "All we have is 1990's 'Robocop' toys."
WHICH MEANS:  "Holy ******* ****, please shoot m