Author Topic: New Jedi Academy ScreenShots  (Read 8000 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
New Jedi Academy ScreenShots
« on: May 30, 2003, 12:28 AM »
http://www.lucasarts.com/products/jediacademy/

Check it out folks...  Lotsa fun for everyone!

While I'm disappointed to see a game that may not have improvements on blaster/ranged weapons, I still think the game looks sweet.

The screen of the docked ship at a Tatooine-Esque spaceport is VERY nice work.

Take note that the Jedi are wearing "Hoth Rebel" uniforms while on that cold weather planet...  Pretty nice attention to detail.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
Re: New Jedi Academy ScreenShots
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2003, 12:56 AM »
I've checked out that site before, and I can hardly wait for that game to come out.  I really wish it was coming to PS2, but I guess I could handle it on my PC.
dustrho

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2003, 02:36 AM »
I'm personally one to only do FPS's on PC...  That's my platform of choice for a few types of games (Strategy, FPS, Flight Sim)...  I do prefer consoles for racing and "arcade shooters" like Rogue Squadron's series though.

To me, the keyboard/mouse gives you and insane ammount of freedom and customizeability over what a console's controller offers for thhis type of game.  the need to have things come up at the touch of one button is great often times, especially in multi-play, so I think PC is the best route to go generally.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline BushiFox

• Youngling
  • Say no to Priority mail.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2003, 10:41 AM »
I like this one.  This is from online play:

Optimists believe this is the best of all worlds.  Pessimists fear the same may be true.

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2004, 07:48 PM »
I got this game a couple months ago for my Xbox, and I think it's a pretty good game.  It cannot be compared to KOTOR, because KOTOR blows this game away.  But, Jedi Academy is a very fun game to play.  I haven't played it for a while but it's worth picking up.  If you don't want to spend the $50 on it go rent it first.
dustrho

Offline CloneF13Y35

• Jedi Padawan
  • I think I"m a CLone Now
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2004, 04:33 PM »
I just finished playing jedi academy. it was a really good game and I will probably try it again on a harder level. good graphics, good sound, good story, pretty much everything one could ask for. makes me wish I could design a game, though.
oh well I'll buy the next in the series whenever it comes out.
{{|///////Frank//}[================>
"I think I'm a Clone now"
"No I'm not!"
"Yes - I AM"

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2004, 05:22 PM »
If you have the PC version, and time/energy to figure out how, you can design your own levels, characters, weapons, storyline, cutscenes...  Pretty much everything.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 9, 2004, 11:50 PM »
I got the game for Christmas, and I enjoyed the gameplay. I beat it twice, once as a good Jedi, and the other time as a Sith. The only thing I didn't like about JA was the endings. They stunk! (IMO) Other than that, I highly reccomend buying the game.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2004, 07:40 PM »
I still haven't played this in quite some time, mainly because I'm playing KOTOR a second time (much better game than Jedi Academy).
dustrho

Offline jkno

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 7, 2004, 03:33 AM »
I played Jedi Academy and it's a game 8-9 of 10. I prefer Jedi Outcast more.

Offline Playgirl

• Jedi Initiate
  • Slice and DICE
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 7, 2004, 04:59 AM »
i dont think its fair to compaer academy to kotr cause they're pretty different. but if you want to go by which one you like better, kotor wins my vote. but academy is way fun.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
Re: New Jedi Academy
« Reply #11 on: December 1, 2011, 09:46 AM »
Was this game any good way back when?  Picked up a 3pack on clearance for $6 at Target the other day that has Jedi Academy, Jedi Outcast and Jedi Starfighter.  Played the Starfighter game back in the day on my ps2, but never played the first two games.   Kinda just forgot about them......until the other day.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #12 on: December 1, 2011, 12:19 PM »
It's ok...  Jedi Outcast and Academy were interesting, but they never captured what Jedi Knight and Mysteries of the SIth had.  Their gaming engine, while visually weaker, was just better than JO and JA for some reason.  Had a bigger following.

JO and JA came along when consoles really took over the genre too...  While playing with a mouse/keyboard is incredibly faster, the games just fell prey to the X-Box taking over ultimately.

Like all LA stuff of the time, they felt a little rushed too...  Not as complete and epic as games like Dark Forces, Jedi Knight, X-Wing, TIE Fighter, or even X-Wing: Alliance (which was as rushed as it could be since it was never finished and still pushed out the door, but was still epic and high quality).

I'd say they're worth playing through because they give you a more complete story on Kyle Katarn, Jan Ors, and all that jazz.  JA is better than JO, if you ask me, but others feel the opposite on that.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #13 on: December 1, 2011, 05:33 PM »
If you are a fan of Dark Force, then they are worth getting.  While the graphics are lacking by today's standards...they were great FPS games for their time.

I tend to play them on my laptop from time to time.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 1, 2011, 06:00 PM »
Ya I'm not expecting anything ground breaking for 10 year old games.  I was just in no position at that time to buy a new PC so just kinda forgot about these 2 games all this time.   I remember playing Dark Forces and Jedi Knight back in the 90's so I'm familiar with the genre so it should be nice to delve back in there and see what's going on. 

Is JA a sequel to JO or which should I start with?
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN