Author Topic: Marvel Superhero Squad  (Read 13171 times)

Offline JohnH

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
    • DC Collector Universe
Re: Marvel Superhero Squad
« Reply #15 on: August 5, 2007, 10:53 PM »
What retailer did you find them at?

I found these at Target, but I also saw a Sentinel at TRU today.

John

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 6, 2007, 08:58 AM »
I saw one of each of the "mega packs" at TRU this weekend at $10.99 each.  I was tempted, but with all the spending on exclusives and such the past couple weeks, I passed.  Plus, I can wait for Target or WM to stock them slightly cheaper.  Seeing them did make me think that they could carry this concept over to the SW line.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2007, 11:41 PM »
I found the mega packs at TRU today, but had to pass on them.  They had the Sentinel and Galacticus ones - isn't there supposed to be an Avengers one with Goliath?  I might buy that, but $11 seems steep.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 24, 2007, 11:51 AM »
I found the mega packs at TRU today, but had to pass on them.  They had the Sentinel and Galacticus ones - isn't there supposed to be an Avengers one with Goliath?  I might buy that, but $11 seems steep.

That set is part of wave 2 ... along with the Apocalypse/Beast set.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 5, 2007, 09:16 AM »
If anyone is interested, MarvelousNews has pics up of some new upcoming 4 packs and mega packs for this line, including a Fin Fang Foom pack.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #20 on: December 5, 2007, 09:31 AM »
Fin Fang Foom looks great, but everytime I see one of these DLX Marvel sets I can't help but think how great it would be to get a Rancor/Oola or Tusken/Bantha Pack in the Star Wars line.  :-\
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 5, 2007, 10:14 AM »
Fin Fang Foom looks great, but everytime I see one of these DLX Marvel sets I can't help but think how great it would be to get a Rancor/Oola or Tusken/Bantha Pack in the Star Wars line.  :-\

I've thought the exact same thing Jeff.  I'm kind of surprised we haven't seen the Mega Packs in the Galactic Heroes line yet, but hopefully next year.  The two you mentioned would be great candidates I would think.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #22 on: December 12, 2007, 03:57 PM »
I saw the latest waves of 2 packs last night...Cap/Fury, Thor/Loki, BP/Storm, Wolvie/Cycle, Gambit/Rogue etc

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 12, 2007, 04:26 PM »
Has anyone here been picking these up?  I started off getting some of them, but haven't really looked that closely at them lately, aside from the Spidey ones.  I do like them, as I do Galactic Heroes, but with budgeting for next year I'm thinking about just staying away from now on.  They'll just be going to our daughter anyways at some point, unless she wants nothing to do with them.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 15, 2008, 10:42 AM »
New Superhero Squad two packs and four packs are up at MarvelousNews, included are:

Boxsets:

Avengers Assemble: Ms. Marvel, Vision, Captain America, Iron Spider-Man
X-Men Unite: Nightcrawler, Juggernaut, Wolverine, Gambit

Two Packs:

Cable/Captain America
Deadpool/Punisher Cap
Hulk/Spider-Woman

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 15, 2008, 10:00 PM »
Sweet!  I got the Black Panther and Ant Man/Strange sets at Walmart last week on clearance for $5  ???  Will likely be getting that 4pack, not sure about Spidey vs foom though - already have an iron man and don't need/want a foom.
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #26 on: January 15, 2008, 10:49 PM »
Vision looks good...the rest...meh

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 16, 2008, 08:34 AM »
Vision looks good...the rest...meh

Agree with you there - I was excited to be getting a warbird, but I don't think they did a very good job on her.   :-\  Other two are just redos or not neccessary.  Seriously, how many issues was spidey in the iron spidey suit?

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #28 on: March 27, 2008, 01:48 PM »
A head's up to fans of this line (or those with kids to please)...

I was checking out Target's Easter Clearance deals today (75% off) and picked up a few single carded "Happy Easter" packaged SHS figures - "webslinging" Spiderman and Captain America, just $1.24 each. 

If you go looking, there is suposed to be a second "crouched" Spiderman and The Hulk in the line as well, though my local Target didn't have either of these left.   :-\
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 27, 2008, 02:46 PM »
Thanks for the heads up Jeff.  Although we have a daughter, I kind of wanted to get a Spidey for her 1st Easter basket this year, but when we scanned them and they were $5 each, we decided not to.  I might have to check the clearance section when we're there tomorrow, if there is anything left.

As a side note, is anyone here collecting these (either for yourself or your kids)?  I bought a few to start out, but haven't bought any since really.  I pick up all the Spidey-related sets, and have most of the "main" heroes from the first wave or two, but haven't done much beyond that.  Again, I picked these up with the intentions that this was one way I could share Star Wars/Superheroes with my daughter without the Mrs. opposing it too much ;).  It really looks like this line is expanding out a lot too, similar to Star Wars.