Author Topic: Tattoos -- Love 'Em or Hate 'Em?  (Read 31939 times)

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
  • CreatureCantina.com SUCKS!!
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
Re: Tattoos -- Love 'Em or Hate 'Em?
« Reply #90 on: January 28, 2007, 10:21 PM »
It's not the quality... it's the size and placement.  Plus, I wouldn't enjoy visions of a girl's heart bursting out of her chest while I'm nibbling.
Bill Cable - Steeler Fan & Star Wars Collector
  http://CreatureCantina.com       
"Cable is incapable of contributing anything positive to this world" - cstoj

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: January 29, 2007, 12:23 AM »
It's not the quality... it's the size and placement.  [/i]

Exactly.

The other end of this is if someone gets some little discreet tattoo on their hip or ankle... which does nothing for me.

« Last Edit: January 29, 2007, 12:29 AM by Rob »

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: January 29, 2007, 08:21 AM »
 :)

Suggestion:

WORKAROUND Solution: turn the lights out (it all the feels/tastes the same) and enjoy ;)
..Uh oh, if those things glow in the dark then forget it...do tatoos (any kind) glow in the dark?

--I generally agree with bug though, I don't see the hotness in it- and I agree with the arrogance too :-X

DS

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: January 29, 2007, 09:51 AM »
..Uh oh, if those things glow in the dark then forget it...do tatoos (any kind) glow in the dark?

I don't know about glow-in-the-dark, but I know a guy who got crucifixion scars tattooed on his wrists, in black-light ink.

He's got some issues, but that's neither here nor there.

Offline Sprry75

• Jedi Apprentice
  • semper ubi sub ubi
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: January 29, 2007, 02:46 PM »
Before the year is out, I'm going to get this on my left calf:

« Last Edit: January 29, 2007, 02:47 PM by Sprry75 »
"Really?  Sorry."

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: January 29, 2007, 03:36 PM »
interesting...explain what it means..does it glow in the dark?

DS

Offline Sprry75

• Jedi Apprentice
  • semper ubi sub ubi
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: January 29, 2007, 04:58 PM »
It's an Alex Grey design, frequently called "Holy Gift," although I don't know if that's the actual title or not.  Objectively, it was supposedly designed as a visual representation for the Divine Mind.  The multi-faceted "sawblade" design is thematically similar to Jeweled Net of Indra, the myriad faceted crystal where each facet contains the essence of the whole, where each facet is one mind, one soul, one of us, for we are all one.

Far out, huh?

It has some other meanings, related and unrelated, that I have ascribed to it, but they're just kind of for me right now.

I don't know about glow-in-the-dark, either, although that might be pretty badass.
"Really?  Sorry."

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
« Reply #97 on: January 29, 2007, 10:03 PM »
They've got some pretty badass inks these days, you could get a layer of blacklight ink on top of the regular ink... pick up a blacklight and some LSD, and you're straight.

Offline tonphanan

• Jedi Initiate
  • " Has anyone seen my wits?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: January 30, 2007, 07:07 PM »

need to get back for a touch up but here is my Bantha skull. Posted this once before but dropped the link so here's a new pic.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2007, 07:14 PM by tonphanan »
Throw an Ewok at him

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #99 on: June 20, 2007, 11:51 AM »
However, I did see one tattoo that I did like. A former coworker had a tattooed ring finger band instead of a traditional wedding band. I thought that was cool, significant and didn't detract from her appearance. And I actually would have liked to do that when I got married, but my wife was just a little too attached to the idea of a princess-cut diamond.

I've said before that I'm too much of a ***** to get a tattoo, and while that's still true, if I ever did get one, it'd probably be a wedding band tattoo.  I just hate wearing jewelry and I think wedding rings are a waste of money.  And I'd probably lose a real ring, too, which would be even more of a waste.

But I'd have to find a chick who'd be cool with it.  I don't think most of 'em are.
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #100 on: June 20, 2007, 12:17 PM »
I have always thought about getting one, but never did. At this point i dont think i probably ever will. My one friend is covered and just keeps getting more.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline DarkKnight2k4

• Jedi Apprentice
  • You underestimate my power...
    • View Profile
    • New Jersey Star Wars Collectors Club
« Reply #101 on: June 20, 2007, 12:43 PM »
I love good one's.

But when they are poorly made... they suck.

I have some ideas for a few that I hope to do this year. One is portrait of my son, the other two, hard to explain... but you may see yet...

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: June 20, 2007, 01:27 PM »
I've been getting the itch lately to get a few more.  I've got some ideas on what I want, just need to go see the artist who did my last one to get things in motion. 
Common sense isn't so common

Offline Force Guy

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Nom nom nom
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: June 20, 2007, 11:45 PM »
I've said before that I'm too much of a ***** to get a tattoo, and while that's still true, if I ever did get one, it'd probably be a wedding band tattoo.  I just hate wearing jewelry and I think wedding rings are a waste of money.  And I'd probably lose a real ring, too, which would be even more of a waste.

But I'd have to find a chick who'd be cool with it.  I don't think most of 'em are.

Good idea in theory, but with divorce rates being as high as they are....

I dated a girl who had a wedding band tat & got divorced 3 yrs. later.  She had it touched up & "morphed" into a new design.  Looked horrible.  Not that you need to worry, since you stated you're too much of a ***** to get one.  But if you did.....
Binders full of astromechs...

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #104 on: June 21, 2007, 12:08 AM »
Good idea in theory, but with divorce rates being as high as they are....

Right, but I wouldn't marry any old cooze.  It'd have to be somebody I was absolutely sure about, or I wouldn't get married in the first place.

Probably why I'll never get married.   ;)
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."