Author Topic: Tarkin  (Read 15416 times)

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Tarkin
« on: May 30, 2003, 02:37 PM »
The latest Homing Beacon also features Tarkin in the corner (As did the last one).  I read somewhere that Chewie was featured in 2 Homing Beacon Corners before he was announced as coming back for Episode III...

I think our man may not be too far behind and something I have been wanting to see forever...yes sir I will build you a Death Star

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
Re: Tarkin
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2003, 12:09 PM »
SWEEEEEEEEET!  I would love to see him EP3!
dustrho

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 2, 2003, 12:26 PM »
I think I have the perfect actor for Tarkin....

Jason Isaacs

Peter Cushing

And personality-wise, I think he's perfect for the role.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 2, 2003, 12:38 PM »
So, do you think Tarkin will be in the film but just have that one line.  Or do you think they will actually have him as sort of a main character?  Or have in the film at all?  I hope he is in it someway.  

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #4 on: June 2, 2003, 06:29 PM »
Nicklab, that is a perfect candidate for Tarkin!  He looks just like the original actor!  Now lets see if GL actually hires him for the position.
dustrho

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #5 on: June 2, 2003, 08:58 PM »
Hmmm...  

I wonder if Tarkin will show in E3, and maybe have Chewie with him?  His slave perhaps?  Kill 2 cameos with one stone, and Tarkin's appearance is the only one I consider "needed" from a classic trilogy character...

But Chewie there as his slave...  Eh, that I'd not mind.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 2, 2003, 09:15 PM »
Tarkin is important in the respect of the rise of the Empire.  He was one of the chief political figures, and was picked expressly for the Death Star.  It leads one to believe with the political direction much of the Prequel Trilogy has taken, that Tarkin might be an important character to be explored in EPISODE III.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2003, 04:52 PM »
theforce.net had this blurb today :-*

Fans for some time have continued to speculate on whether or not Tarkin would appear in Episode III. The Grand Moff would have to be a younger version and bear a striking resemblance to the veteran actor - considering the powerful performance that Peter Cushing gave in the original Star Wars.
Anyhow, here's what I know: he is in Episode III. I'm not sure who's playing him and how large the role is - but who cares - I can tell you he's in 100% for sure.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2003, 12:34 AM »
That's good news, and I hope he has a VERY powerful role.  He desserves it...  Cushing deserves it as a sort of homage to him.  He was such a superb actor.  Second only (And not even in my personal opinion, but that of the public I think) to Sir Alec Guiness.  

Tarkin's character needs to really be someone of power and intellect though.  Not a yutz like some of the villains, but someone who's equally as vicious and evil as the Sith Lords, and maybe even knows what's going on somewhat.

He certainly seemed to know much about Vader's past in ANH, and was ok with how things turned out obviously, so I cannot wait, and I have big hopes for this guy and his eventual figure.

Nicklab's idea for the actor is good too...  British, evil looking, definitely a resemblance to Cushing, and is already known to be a good actor.  Can't ask for much more.

The "Buffy" guy Spike doesn't strike me as quite as nice a choice.   :-\
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2003, 01:20 AM »

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2003, 01:31 AM »
Wow, that's amazing!  Got a story to go with that picture Scott?  Is that the real actor who'll be reprising this role, or is that some computer generated picture showing what he would've looked like at a younger age in Ep. 3?  What's the deal, eh?  Should I be excited here, or just saying "that's a cool trick"?

???

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2003, 01:33 AM »
Well, this just leaked over at theforce.net here is their story

A unknown insider known only as Timberwolf was working in set construction for Episode III - employed up until recently by JAK films. Now that the production company has left after working on SW3 for several months, they've given us a single glimpse of a character in the new film. The story goes that they obtained photographs using someone else's camera and swapped the memory cards over to theirs. They've been sitting on this for several months after covertly taking this shot in the Creature Shop when nobody was around some morning very early on. According to the insider, the picture of this character was situated on a wall just inside the entrance.

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2003, 02:05 AM »
Woah!   :o
dustrho

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2003, 08:47 AM »
 :o  That's an incredible picture.  I thought it was going to be the other picture floating around, this one is even better!!
Beth

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2003, 10:15 AM »
HOLY HELL!!!!

I am looking forward to this movie even more now!!

:P