Author Topic: Holy @#%! - Crocodile Hunter Steve Irwin killed by a sting-ray barb to the chest  (Read 11884 times)

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
He deserved to be killed. It's amazing how we(my family) never took bets to that date what animal he was bothering/being stupidly close too... he would be killed by.
We always discussed how much an idiot he was and how he got famous risking his life in the name of stupidity. How I was pissed when he tried to involve his infant in his stupid game >:(. What comes around I guess- just took awhile this time. The wife and kids ..we don't have remorse either since there's a whole smorgasborg of others up-and-coming to take his place
See- Jeff Corwin, The Mythbusters ect.--It's fun to watch them try and bite it every week too.

Darth Uncaring

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
He deserved to be killed.

That's a really insensitive thing to say.

How I was pissed when he tried to involve his infant in his stupid game >:(.

I'm sure he knew what he was doing, he wasn't holding his kid too close by the looks of the footage, and he's had a lot of experience.

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile

How I was pissed when he tried to involve his infant in his stupid game >:(.

I'm sure he knew what he was doing, he wasn't holding his kid too close by the looks of the footage, and he's had a lot of experience.

With your first point, I can say I agree.

With your second point, I can say I disagree. An infant not between a barricade and in a carrige with it's parents at the zoo is too close, no matter what end of the crock pen he's in.

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile

I tell it how it is...actually, we all deserve to die in some way..otherwise people could live forever. When you do stupid **** though you could be in for a shorter stay. Insensitive? What? Do you know who your speaking too ;)?

One day ..when that kid grows up..and comes across that footage of his dad swinging him over the croc he just may become mortified and think " Yeah, my Dad WAS a dumbass..no wonder he got the early trip out"

Likewise one day after you've grown up you may have the opportunity to breed and be a parent. I don't know..it just might change your view here on that baby VS croc incident.

The DS

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
On another note..

I hadn't heard that stingray toxin was deadly. I wonder then if he just croaked from the 6-9inch long size of the stingers that those larger stingrays carry. Being impaled in the chest area from something that size could certainly do you in.

Wonder if he was trying a 'free ride' on the stingray(he certainly was a hands on guy)..."Have a go at this!..."
However the stingray had other plans proving nothing is free.

Sure we'll never get the details since that footage will prob. be locked up

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
    • View Profile
Say, Slothus, don't you let your son catch scorpions?

Kevin

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile

Kevin

Yes, but if one ever stung him, he'd toss it through a window.

:)
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline name

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I ate your llama!
    • View Profile

I tell it how it is...actually, we all deserve to die in some way..otherwise people could live forever. When you do stupid **** though you could be in for a shorter stay.

I suppose in that case you're due for a giant ******* appearing and swooping you off to your doom any day now.

This sticker is dangerous and inconvenient, but I do love Fig Newtons.

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
    • View Profile
Remind me to give you a dollar when I see you.

Kevin

Offline Tracy

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Call me "Your Highness" one more time........
    • View Profile

Kevin

Yes, but if one ever stung him, he'd toss it through a window.

:)

His son, or the scorpion? I can't figure out which one he'd toss..... :-\
"Y'all know you're the only ones with the Jesus fish in the titty bar parking lot" - Name
Cancer Sucks >:(

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Say you polished folk have plenty of stones to throw, didn't realize there were so many 'golden folk' in the world ::)

typical..always yes,yes man, yes, yes man..then when someone says something different you wanna throw a rock.
 Where once was there a personal attack to you folks in here that have attacked me in this thread? that's right, so..in my defense you can all go lick some lighted dynamite.

*Dick oops, Richard, is already in that ******* on his way.

The man knew the risks and died because of them. He was not immortal but, rather overdue. I wonder though...with all the defense talk in here I wonder if some folk actually believe he was just swimming along and this stingray just came right up and stabbed him :P. No, I'm sure he was harrassing it in some way. A ride perhaps? Possibly...no, likely. So, yes, he deserved what he got.

Like I said no one in my house is sad, maybe dissapointed we can't be entertained by his stupid antics anymore but not worried because, like I stated, he has plenty of replacements. I could see if we knew him personally and all or his family but I can stand right up here and say I did not. The un-reality of television does not fool me into thinking I know his family and him..in the name of entertainment. I wonder though at many people in JD personally knew the guy and I'm not talking about 'you met him once' or anything like that to warrant all this bashing...I thought not.

Noticed plenty others in this thread including oooh dare I say moderator that basically said he had it coming. Nobody jumped on them so I hope the followers in here that jumped on the anti-Slothus bandwagon in here break an ankle today. I mean this isn't the ancient times where someone says something radically different and they are labeled a witch or had stones thrown at - this is 2006 show me some less classical behavior please.

Darth Slothus

Offline SilentKnight

• Youngling
  • May God have mercy upon my enemies, because I wont
    • View Profile
Come on you guys, let's not make persona attacks here
We're remembering the loss of a beloved (by most) member of soceity, not debating who's wrong and who's an *******
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
Say you polished folk have plenty of stones to throw, didn't realize there were so many 'golden folk' in the world ::)

I must be golden folk too - because I think you're coming off like a complete ass.

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
...in my defense you can all go lick some lighted dynamite.

Utterly pathetic.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile

Noticed plenty others in this thread including oooh dare I say moderator that basically said he had it coming. Nobody jumped on them so I hope the followers in here that jumped on the anti-Slothus bandwagon in here break an ankle today.

Implying that with all the risks he took that he had this coming, is very different than you saying "He deserved to be killed."

At least I think that's fairly obvious.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda