Author Topic: Original Trilogy Novelizations?  (Read 2221 times)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Original Trilogy Novelizations?
« on: May 23, 2008, 11:44 AM »
I was just looking for some advice on the novelizations for the Original Trilogy movies.  I've always wanted to pick them up, and just never got around to it, and I was wondering if there is a certain version that is best to grab.  I'm sure the "interior" is pretty much the same, but is there any sort of artwork/hardcover/etc. thing that makes one version better than the other?  I thought I'd try to grab at least one of them off of Amazon next time I order there, and I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions.  Thanks in advance for any advice.

Offline Nathan

• Jedi Knight
  • Destroying the hobby one EU figure at a time.
    • View Profile
    • The Clone Wars Unofficial Site (in carbonite)
Re: Original Trilogy Novelizations?
« Reply #1 on: June 2, 2008, 12:36 AM »
Well, the cheapest/easiest is the omnibus edition which is available in paperback and hardcover versions.

The HC came out in 2002 and the PB in 2004 (note how the cover art matches that of the first DVD boxset). The PB has an introduction by George Lucas written around 04. I don't know what the HC has. I think the 97 printings for the Special Edition had intros too but don't quote me on that.

The cover art to the vintage printings is better than the omnibuses (poster art and the like), but then you'll get old copies which will be in poorer condition from age. I know that ROTJ, at least, originally a few glossy pages of movie stills.

I'd say go with the paperback omni since it is the most readily available and cheapest (11 bucks). Or the hardcover if you prefer looks and durability (18 bucks).
« Last Edit: June 2, 2008, 12:38 AM by Nathan »
Twitter: @OKeefeNathan
Blog: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Fanboy (in carbonite since '09, back someday)